LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 388 users in the forums

MadDog49er Seven Round Projection April 1 2015 and Notes

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
I'm personally a big fan of Geathers. NFL Bloodlines and reminds me a lot of Kam Chancellor. Would love to see the team snag him in the 4th or 5th to groom behind Bethea.

Of course, great work as usual, MD. I'm only halfway done -- I'm strapped for time due to wedding planning and such -- but I will look to release mine within a week or so.

By the way, 100% agree on Scherff. Watching his games I was completely underwhelmed with him at OT. Needs to move inside for sure. Also agree on Perriman.

Wedding? Get your priorities straight!

Cheers, my friend, and good luck- MD

Haha, draft season helps me keep my sanity during all the stress. Of course she's well-aware of my draft obsession by now.

On a football topic, curious if you see another player the same way I do. Dres Anderson, son of former NFLer Flipper Anderson, is a guy I'd love to see us take a shot on. To me, I see a player with terrific acceleration, with formidable wiggle to get open and solid hands. Add to that deceptive speed, and a guy with experience in the return game as well. One of the most underrated players in this class, in my opinion. Without his injury, I would've expected him to be in consideration for as early as the 3rd round.

This year I haven't seen much at all that we've disagreed on, aside from Devin Funchess to an extent. But even then it's minimal. I had a thought the other day regarding Shaq Thompson, and started wondering if the 49ers would consider the crazy notion of taking him and stacking some weight on him to play ILB. Moody was an SS/OLB convert to ILB. With Baalke, I don't think I can put it past them to consider that.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Apr 2, 2015 at 8:13 AM ]
Ty Lockett
Grady Jarrett
Paul Dawson
Eric Kendricks
Trey Flowers
Thank you.

Do you think that Trey Flowers could become a 34-DE? Or is he more of 34-OLB?
I'm glad you give Shaq Mason his props maddog because I feel he is vastly overlooked in this draft. As I have stated on this board many times, I am a ga tech fan so it's easy for me to say that but I truley feel he is the best oline prospect to come out of tech in some time.

There were naysayers throughout the season that claimed he was simply dominating inferior talent in an otherwise average acc but I watched this guy continue to dominate against Clemson, Florida state, Georgia, and Miss State and to me that should have raised his value a little more. This kid is going to be a starter in the NFL and a solid one at that, I have zero doubt.
Originally posted by SoCold:
exactly why I feel it's a bad idea to take a wr that high.

If I were GM I would try and trade back gain a pick, take a CB late first/early second. I like Kevin Johnson because he's not the flashy supposed #1 with lots of hype, just a hard working dude who's never missed a game because of injury. I think he could be a good corner int the league for a long time.

Just curious what do you do? How do you find the time to watch so many games?

I am a school teacher but get up super early every morning, and watch about 2-3 hours of football games. Games can go fast if you lop off the time in-between snaps. Can see a lot of football. For instance, I saw three games this morning, mostly focusing on James Sample of Louisville, who is one of my favorite safeties in this class.
Haha, draft season helps me keep my sanity during all the stress. Of course she's well-aware of my draft obsession by now.

On a football topic, curious if you see another player the same way I do. Dres Anderson, son of former NFLer Flipper Anderson, is a guy I'd love to see us take a shot on. To me, I see a player with terrific acceleration, with formidable wiggle to get open and solid hands. Add to that deceptive speed, and a guy with experience in the return game as well. One of the most underrated players in this class, in my opinion. Without his injury, I would've expected him to be in consideration for as early as the 3rd round.

This year I haven't seen much at all that we've disagreed on, aside from Devin Funchess to an extent. But even then it's minimal. I had a thought the other day regarding Shaq Thompson, and started wondering if the 49ers would consider the crazy notion of taking him and stacking some weight on him to play ILB. Moody was an SS/OLB convert to ILB. With Baalke, I don't think I can put it past them to consider that.

Waiting on Anderson to get healthy. Keeps pushing back dates for workout. Next scheduled- 4/14. We'll see. Moving him up board dramatically if/when he works out. Kind of skeptical things are alright.

Don't know what to think with Thompson. Workout today. Curious his weight at the Pro Day
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Why did you leave Justin Hardy out of your rankings? He had made it up to 50 in earlier rankings, now he's not I your top 250? What gives?

The magic of Excel Spreadsheets. How about a compensatory in the late third? Number 97. Edited, thanks to you.

That's a good spot for him.
madDog
This looks like your prediction of the draft board for 2015. Are you going to give us your draft board and what you think The Niners board will look like?
Thanks for the good info

Waiting on Anderson to get healthy. Keeps pushing back dates for workout. Next scheduled- 4/14. We'll see. Moving him up board dramatically if/when he works out. Kind of skeptical things are alright.

Don't know what to think with Thompson. Workout today. Curious his weight at the Pro Day

That's the big question. He's got to workout for teams at some point -- time is running out -- but I believe some team will take him even if others red flag him for the injury. As far as Thompson, if we did take him, I would trust we know what we're doing. Unlike some, I do believe Baalke is a very good GM. Last year's draft was very, very good in terms of value and talent. He had one disastrous year, but even the best GM's have that happen.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
madDog
This looks like your prediction of the draft board for 2015. Are you going to give us your draft board and what you think The Niners board will look like?
Thanks for the good info

I'll give three more boards. Graded by position, graded overall, and 49ers best board. All coming soon.
That's the big question. He's got to workout for teams at some point -- time is running out -- but I believe some team will take him even if others red flag him for the injury. As far as Thompson, if we did take him, I would trust we know what we're doing. Unlike some, I do believe Baalke is a very good GM. Last year's draft was very, very good in terms of value and talent. He had one disastrous year, but even the best GM's have that happen.

You know the draft is like witchcraft. Nobody truly knows what they are doing. You just do your best to try to figure it out.

Thanks MadDog will be excited to see them

Thompson came in at 228 today, same as the combine. Maybe a 43 Tampa 2 Outside backer. Worked out at LB and S drills today.
$26 dollars for Carl Davis?
I'll take it

Thompson came in at 228 today, same as the combine. Maybe a 43 Tampa 2 Outside backer. Worked out at LB and S drills today.

The only place I see him fitting with the Ninerd is ST and SS. Maybe as a Nickle LB in obvious passing downs. I really like the idea of him, but I think there are better values for the Niners where he'll be picked
I'm down with 26 dolla carl
Share 49ersWebzone