2nd round 46th pick - Paul Dawson 6' 240 pounds ILB

3rd round 79th pick - Duke Johnson 5'9 207 pounds RB

4th round 127th pick - Garrett Grayson 6'2" 213 pounds QB

4th round 132nd pick - Stefon Diggs 6' 195 pounds WR

5th round 151st pick- Xavier Williams 6'4" 310 pounds NT

6th round 189th pick - Tray Walker 6'3" 190 pounds CB

7th round 246th pick - Marcus Murphy 5'8" 195 pounds RB

7th round 254th pick - Kevin Rodgers 6'3" 215 pounds QB

Note - Did not draft O-line with Brandon Thomas, Daniel Kilgore and Marcus Martin coming back from injury, also with Erik Pears signing. I think Baalkes adds a few undrafted rookie free agent O-lineman and one more veteran O-lineman.
offtopic:
guys do you love the players or why the hell do you post their pics??? pointless and not appropriate if one is entering with a mobile device at all, imho.

ontopic:
two rb and qb each but not a single 5tech???
Fail, mr. mod.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Im thinking grayson gets drafted before 4th rd
Originally posted by xcfan:
Im thinking grayson gets drafted before 4th rd

Certainly it's possible that he's gone before the late 4th. But late 3rd to mid 4th is his general projected range, so it's certainly not impossible he makes it to the late 4th. And he is someone we have met with and seem to have as a possible mid to late round prospect if he falls a bit. Doubt we take QB higher than 4th/5th round at the earliest.

I like a lot of the early picks in this draft, but 15 is way early for Peters and I'm very concerned with no DE, OLB or OL help at all. Especially when doubling up on positions like RB and QB. We could take a flyers on mid to late round players at those positions, but definitely need some more help on both lines.
Originally posted by communist:
offtopic:
guys do you love the players or why the hell do you post their pics??? pointless and not appropriate if one is entering with a mobile device at all, imho.

ontopic:
Fail, mr. mod.

This.

Seems like we're in better shape than that with respect to RB and I wouldn't draft 2 QB's. Waste of at least one pick.

Leaning towards BPA at #15 who is a fit along the DL or LB. We have needs.
Like the first 2 picks but I don't see Peters as a top 15 pick....I hate the QB's in this draft and you have us getting two lol

Where is the DE/DT help? we need at the least some depth.

I'm warming up to Diggs, but there are a ton of better prospects in this draft and I'm really getting tired of Baalke passing up good WRs to find "value" at the position.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
offtopic:

ontopic:
Fail, mr. mod.

offtopic

Most websites do it, why it adds color and it's noticeable it got your attention right!!!

ontopic

Your 5 tech is right there in Tank Carradine who can play both DE positions, TJE, Ian Williams can also fill in at both DE positions if needed, Kaleb Ramsey should be coming back from injury. fail mr. regular poster for not knowing the roster.
Two QB's, sending a message to Kap?
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by socal9er42:
offtopic:

ontopic:
Fail, mr. mod.

This.

Seems like we're in better shape than that with respect to RB and I wouldn't draft 2 QB's. Waste of at least one pick.

Leaning towards BPA at #15 who is a fit along the DL or LB. We have needs.

Late round picks especially 7th round pick are usually project players or practice squad players, or did you think picks like Carter Bykowski could step right in?? Just wondering if you people even remembered him??
Originally posted by Kolohe:
offtopic:

ontopic:
Fail, mr. mod.

offtopic

Most websites do it, why it adds color and it's noticeable it got your attention right!!!

ontopic

Your 5 tech is right there in Tank Carradine who can play both DE positions, TJE, Ian Williams can also fill in at both DE positions if needed, Kaleb Ramsey should be coming back from injury. fail mr. regular poster for not knowing the roster.

Really though ur happy with just ok D-line players TJE ??? Ramsey uummm who ??? Oohhh wait another late round hope he can do something guy ....Okoye still a baby football player ...Dail uummm soft as h*ll IMO we got run over with him in tha middle...Carradine show flashs ....Williams aint shown other then being injury prone and Dorsey is in tha same boat as Williams.... I really see D-line as a major need our defense cant keep us in games if we dont spend something higher then a 5th round pick on them ....Please dont throw Dockett out there dude's on a busted knee and 34yrs old and no one know what tha cowboy will do yet ....Half of our ILB core has been gutted with Willis and borland gone cant count on ILB like we use to ....

BTW do i get extra points for knowin tha roster????

offtopic

ontopic

While I'm hopeful of Tank being a starter this year, it seems there were plenty of opportunities for him to step in and show something last year, but he didn't.

Unsure if it was Harbs or Fangio who really didn't feel like he was up to the task (doubt it was Tomsula, but we'll find out pretty quick). Could be that he still wasn't 100% healthy. Mental errors was the frequently heard excuse. Again, seems like he had plenty of time to learn the playbook as well as lots of practice. Real NFL snaps are different, but there appears to be concerns. I don't know if I would count on him as a long term replacement for either Cowboy or RayMac.

TJE? Really? Good backup. Ian Williams seems injury prone, and Ramsey is a complete unknown.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
offtopic:

ontopic:
Fail, mr. mod.

offtopic

ontopic

Really though ur happy with just ok D-line players TJE ??? Ramsey uummm who ??? Oohhh wait another late round hope he can do something guy ....Okoye still a baby football player ...Dail uummm soft as h*ll IMO we got run over with him in tha middle...Carradine show flashs ....Williams aint shown other then being injury prone and Dorsey is in tha same boat as Williams.... I really see D-line as a major need our defense cant keep us in games if we dont spend something higher then a 5th round pick on them ....Please dont throw Dockett out there dude's on a busted knee and 34yrs old and no one know what tha cowboy will do yet ....Half of our ILB core has been gutted with Willis and borland gone cant count on ILB like we use to ....

BTW do i get extra points for knowin tha roster????

You may have a counter point to my reply. BUT this was all based on Justin Smith coming back I should've noted that:

RE - Justin Smith/Tank Carradine

NT - Glenn Dorsey/Xavier Williams

LE - Darnell Dockett/Tank Carradine

Yes I would be happy with that D-line, oh and Kaleb Ramsey if healthy going into the draft was rated higher he is a better better than where he was drafted. Lawrence Okoye he's to be cut.

And if it makes you people happy, the off-season still isn't done after the draft so the team signs Red Bryant.....happy now??

PANIC PANIC PANIC WHERE IS MY 5 TECH.....next years draft will be loaded.
You may have a counter point to my reply. BUT this was all based on Justin Smith coming back I should've noted that:

RE - Justin Smith/Tank Carradine

NT - Glenn Dorsey/Xavier Williams

LE - Darnell Dockett/Tank Carradine

Yes I would be happy with that D-line, oh and Kaleb Ramsey if healthy going into the draft was rated higher he is a better better than where he was drafted. Lawrence Okoye he's to be cut.

And if it makes you people happy, the off-season still isn't done after the draft so the team signs Red Bryant.....happy now??

PANIC PANIC PANIC WHERE IS MY 5 TECH.....next years draft will be loaded.

Ian Williams??
I think Kaleb Ramsey really might be a surprise
No offensive line?

Edit: I just read the bottom, I still think its risky though

But I really like the 1st pick, I'm not a fan of Dawson but he's probably the BPA at that point
[ Edited by Quest4six on Mar 31, 2015 at 9:45 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone