LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 211 users in the forums

My Do Not Draft board.......

Originally posted by HERN:
Originally posted by Tslope90:
My do not draft board:Devante Parker!!
Enough said

Same way i feel. But then again, I didn't want them to draft Alshon Jeffrey or OBJ. So i guess I'm just as inept at evaluating WR as Baalke is .

Yeah our offense couldn't use a productive college WR that avg 20 yards a catch this yr, has a 80 inch wingspan, is a proven red-zone threat, and is credited for only 3 drops since 2012
Originally posted by KRS-1:
What exactly are you basing Collins lack of strength on ?

Game film, and the fact he did only 21 reps at combine. That's weak.
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
x2 on Parker

x 3 on Parker
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
x2 on Parker

x 3 on Parker

Please explain what you don't like about him? I hear people say they don't like him but I haven't heard why?
Originally posted by NYniner85:
x2 on Parker

x 3 on Parker

Please explain what you don't like about him? I hear people say they don't like him but I haven't heard why?

IMO

Positives:

Deceptively fast and gets off the line quickly.
Great ball skills.
Has the skill-set and frame to be a #1.
Red-zone threat.
YAC

Negatives:

Not physical
Even though he's a Senior, he's raw and has lapses in concentration.
Would need time to further develop and needs to be a hard worker to succeed.

Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Originally posted by KRS-1:
What exactly are you basing Collins lack of strength on ?

Game film, and the fact he did only 21 reps at combine. That's weak.

Anthony Davis did 21 reps at te combine. Unless a player is lying on his back and trying to get someone off of him, it is not a good indicator of football strength.
I'd agree w/Armstead...for all his size, etc. there wasn't nearly enough production...and that's always the BL in the NFL.

Not sure I agree w/Parker...he's an experienced WR who has size and enough quickness to gain separation. NFL Draft profiles rates him as the #3 WR...one of only 3 who were valued at 6 pts or higher (White & Cooper being the other two).

Peters is an aggressive CB...great size...can be a playmaker. But, plenty of red flags, as well. An NFC personnel director (unnamed) said he wouldn't draft him 'til the 3rd rd. Collins, Darby, Kevin Johnson & Waynes all rated higher than Peters.

Phillips is huge, but doesn't play with nearly the motor Shelton does. You want consistency in a NT, for sure. Pass.

DGB. As with Peters, an NFC personnel director said his red flags would cause him to take a guy like DGB on the 3rd day of the draft. He has some physical tools, but isn't the tiger on the field you'd expect. Has gotten by with his size so far, but isn't a good route runner, isn't a willing blocker and really doesn't fight for the ball. I think there are better options.

La'el Collins. He'd be either an OG or a RT for us. He doesn't show skills of an NFL LT. He'd be another Iupati...brawler in the run game, a liability in pass protection. I'd pass.

I use NFL.com draft profiles a lot...largely because the ratings are based on inputs from NFL scouts, GM's, & personnel directors.
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
IMO

Positives:

Great ball skills.
Red-zone threat.
YAC

Negatives:

Not physical

You could say that about most draft prospects. If those are the reasons to put someone on the don't draft list, we will have a real small draft board.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
x2 on Parker

x 3 on Parker

x4
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by flynhayn15:
IMO

Positives:

Great ball skills.
Red-zone threat.
YAC

Negatives:

Not physical

You could say that about most draft prospects. If those are the reasons to put someone on the don't draft list, we will have a real small draft board.

This. I would guess that assessment falls under the "for Parker side" though.

Originally posted by KID9R:
IMO

Positives:

Great ball skills.
Red-zone threat.
YAC

Negatives:

Not physical

Those negatives can all be taught If you think those are his issues.....compared to all the other receivers in this draft I think he is the 2nd most polished WR behind cooper. He reminds me of Jeffery and AJ, with the way he uses his body and length to beat CBs and he's solid at tracking th ball, making adjustments, and grabbing the ball at its highest point. He style of play would only help Kap and is accuracy issues.

Having smith command safety help leaves Parker one on one and I'll take that huge wingspan all day. I just don't get why people aren't high on this kid ....is it because he does run a 4.3?
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 28, 2015 at 1:27 PM ]
Armstead played basketball in addition to football his first two years and therefore kept his weight a bit on the low side. His junior year he played only football and looked better, but I think he needed another year of college ball.
Those negatives can all be taught If you think those are his issues.....compared to all the other receivers in this draft I think he is the 2nd most polished WR behind cooper. He reminds me of Jeffery and AJ, with the way he uses his body and length to beat CBs and he's solid at tracking th ball, making adjustments, and grabbing the ball at its highest point. He style of play would only help Kap and is accuracy issues.

Having smith command safety help leaves Parker one on one and I'll take that huge wingspan all day. I just don't get why people aren't high on this kid ....is it because he does run a 4.3?

Remember, Parker is projected to be a 1st round pick, so he won't have a tone of negatives. And yes, those negatives I pointed out can be said about most rookies, but aren't they still what makes or breaks a young player?

I understand the AJ comparison because AJ also lacks physicality, but has amazing ball skills. Jeffery is better in traffic and is a bigger guy overall.
Parker is the only offensive player (o-line not included) that I would want in the 1st
I don't understand the hate on this kid, completely unwarranted
Originally posted by KID9R:
IMO

Positives:

Great ball skills.
Red-zone threat.
YAC

Negatives:

Not physical

I agree. Also, if you watch that video you see just how bad Parker's QB was.
Share 49ersWebzone