LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

Henry Anderson DE Stanford

I like the idea of trading back into the late first to gain an additional second round pick.
1. M. Peters / K. Johnson
2. H. Anderson / No one else.... PICK HIM!
2. P. Dawson / D. Perryman
3. C. Conley / D. Funchess
This. Is the player I've been hoping to get if we can trade down with Peters/Johnson/Jones at the bottom of first and then Anderson on the trade down extra pick in the 2nd, Dawson/Anthoby on our original 2nd, Conley for our 3rd round pick. Would be a dream scenario for me. Then the rest we can get another ILB/RB/OL/S/NT to fill needs.
Originally posted by Southpaw79:
I like the idea of trading back into the late first to gain an additional second round pick.

If we came away in the draft with Marcus Peters, Henry Anderson, Denzel Perryman, and Devin Funchess, i'd probably attempt a backflip to celebrate

Originally posted by Jcool:
Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF

.@PFF_Neil opts for Stanford DL Henry Anderson as his Secret Superstar

The fact that Troy Hill is on here is astonishing to me. He was easily our worst CB and a constant liability. I would be willing to bet that the reason he has a 45.3% comp% in his zone is because he is such a liability with the deep ball that teams just chuck it down field on him. Thats what I took from watching him here. I would be interested to see how many PIs he had called against him.
Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF

THANKS for that - excellent!
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
Originally posted by Southpaw79:

If we came away in the draft with Marcus Peters, Henry Anderson, Denzel Perryman, and Devin Funchess, i'd probably attempt a backflip to celebrate

This
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
this guy's name is gonna be so hot by the end of the day and i really see someone drafting him in the mid of the 2nd round..
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Pro Football Focus ‏@PFF

The fact that Troy Hill is on here is astonishing to me. He was easily our worst CB and a constant liability. I would be willing to bet that the reason he has a 45.3% comp% in his zone is because he is such a liability with the deep ball that teams just chuck it down field on him. Thats what I took from watching him here. I would be interested to see how many PIs he had called against him.

PFF is going to struggle predicting college prospects. Its so much different then evaluating the pros.
I'd be happier with Anderson at 15 than Armstead, that's for damn sure

Me too. Anderson was a bad-ass at Stanford.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by natrone06:
PFF is going to struggle predicting college prospects. Its so much different then evaluating the pros.

Well we will soon find out how well advanced stats can predict NFL success.

Originally posted by SofaKing:
I'd be happier with Anderson at 15 than Armstead, that's for damn sure

Me too. Anderson was a bad-ass at Stanford.

Me too, but I'd still rather not take him all the way up at 15.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Looks like PFF got this one right:

Anderson has been awarded a +5.6 advanced grade overall, which is the 8th best among all 3-4 defensive ends in football. Specifically, his +5.2 grade overall against the run is the 3rd best at his aforementioned position.

Pro Football Focus‏@PFF
No rookie has as many defensive stops against the run through 3 weeks than Colts Henry Anderson with 11

Steve Andress‏@ColtsReporter
Henry Anderson is 3rd in the NFL with 5 TFL, trails only Aaron Donald, J.J. Watt, and Michael Bennett.

Rookie of the Year watch
10. Henry Anderson, Indianapolis Colts defensive end: The Colts' defense is allowing just 3.7 yards per carry this year after being trampled for 4.3 yards per carry in 2014. Anderson and fifth-round nose tackle David Parry are the biggest reasons for the improvement.
Another backyard prospect at a position of need that has slipped through the 9ers hands.
Who did we take instead of him??
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Who did we take instead of him??

Eli Harold.
Share 49ersWebzone