LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 340 users in the forums

Henry Anderson DE Stanford

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Figured I'd throw a topic up for this guy...he is 6-6 294 lbs and has 33 1/2 inch arms. I think he would be a great replacement for Justin Smith!

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/henry-anderson?id=2552272

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737505/henry-anderson

He is projected as a 4th round pick on CBS's big board, but I'd snag him in the 3rd

Here are some videos:

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/henry-anderson/

Thoughts....

The great thing about this highlight video is that...it is all from one game. This was a monster game. He is the closest thing to JJ Watt since JJ came out. He won't be Watt, nobody will, but you are getting a very disruptive player perfectly constructed for a 34DE role. Superb on the field awareness: much better than Leonard Williams in this regard.

Yeah he look solid in the Utah game on the draft breakdown link as well .....Ultimately what round do you think he goes? Do you think he is worth a 2nd round pick?

I think 3rd is about right for him. I'm not sure he is strong enough for his instincts and technique alone to help him succeed in the NFL yet. I think after a rookie year and a full offseason he could be a beast, though. I'm no expert on the guy, though.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Figured I'd throw a topic up for this guy...he is 6-6 294 lbs and has 33 1/2 inch arms. I think he would be a great replacement for Justin Smith!

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/henry-anderson?id=2552272

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1737505/henry-anderson

He is projected as a 4th round pick on CBS's big board, but I'd snag him in the 3rd

Here are some videos:

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/henry-anderson/

Thoughts....

The great thing about this highlight video is that...it is all from one game. This was a monster game. He is the closest thing to JJ Watt since JJ came out. He won't be Watt, nobody will, but you are getting a very disruptive player perfectly constructed for a 34DE role. Superb on the field awareness: much better than Leonard Williams in this regard.

Yeah he look solid in the Utah game on the draft breakdown link as well .....Ultimately what round do you think he goes? Do you think he is worth a 2nd round pick?

I think 3rd is about right for him. I'm not sure he is strong enough for his instincts and technique alone to help him succeed in the NFL yet. I think after a rookie year and a full offseason he could be a beast, though. I'm no expert on the guy, though.

Latest word from CBS Sports is 2nd round and guaranteed top 64 pick. Apparently they see the same things that MadRog does.
Originally posted by Ruhl:
I don't think we can wait until the 3rd without a trade. This is a Fangio kinda guy, and I would say one of the best 3/4 DE's coming out this year. If he's available for the Bears in the 3rd, there is no doubt in my mind they would snatch him right from under us.

I love his play and his attitude, and think he would make a great 49er, hopefully Baalke can work it out

All this talk about "Fangio guys." Fangio isn't a general manager, he's not even the head coach.
Let's take him in the first round. He looks like a Fangio type of guy to me.
Originally posted by genus49:
Let's take him in the first round. He looks like a Fangio type of guy to me.

• crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Latest word from CBS Sports is 2nd round and guaranteed top 64 pick. Apparently they see the same things that MadRog does.

Actually Niners might need to tarde down to bottom of 1st Rd to get him, I've already seeing mocks with Anderson going in top of 2nd Rd to either Falcons or Bears ahead of the Niners. He is definitely a riser, believe he should be Niners priority, he's Cowboy II, needs to add muscle in the weight room, but he's got the physical traits and the motor to be a perfect replacement for Smith. If the top 3 WRs and Trae Waynes are off the board by #15, Baalke should trade down to bottom of Rd 1, say the Cowboys at #26 who might want to move up to #15 to take Gurley, and take Anderson there plus get an extra 2nd Rd pick.
  • Ruhl
  • Veteran
The point being, Phoenix, Fangio has done well with players with similar characteristics. If a team is willing to invest into a specific DC, do you think they will attempt to mold the roster to fit their schemes?

Do you think it's just dumb luck the Bears are signing Ray Mcdonald?

The Bears will now be a 3-4 defense. Would that happen if Jim Schwartz won the DC job there?

Nobody said anything about Fangio being a HC or GM. Lets be a little more open minded, we all root for the same team here.
[ Edited by Ruhl on Mar 29, 2015 at 12:26 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I think this guy will go earlier than most people think, I really don't see him lasting till the 4th round. I think the Bears, Eagles, New Orleans, Jes and Cowboys will all be looking for good DE's, regardless if they run a 3-4 or 4-3.
The point being, Phoenix, Fangio has done well with players with similar characteristics. If a team is willing to invest into a specific DC, do you think they will attempt to mold the roster to fit their schemes?

The Bears will now be a 3-4 defense. Would that happen if Jim Schwartz won the DC job there?

Nobody said anything about Fangio being a HC or GM. Lets be a little more open minded, we all root for the same team here.

He has?

Let's be honest here. Anderson has a great body type and skill sets to be a quality 3-4 DE even a dominant one if he improves on his strength and works on being consistent with his leverage then again anyone that height has to pay close attention to not getting too high.

When was the last time Fangio coached someone that tall?

Ray McDonald is very familiar to Fangio and Ray is obviously a familiar face to Vic and a good player who comes cheap because of the off the field concerns.

Every year we hear about guys making their way into the first round from middle rounds. There are only so many selections and only so many guys who can actually make it in there.

My guess is Anderson ends up going bottom 2nd to mid 3rd round. I could live with him being our 2nd rounder but I'd gamble and see if he's available in the 3rd. The DL class is pretty legit this year.
  • Ruhl
  • Veteran
Originally posted by genus49:
He has?

Let's be honest here. Anderson has a great body type and skill sets to be a quality 3-4 DE even a dominant one if he improves on his strength and works on being consistent with his leverage then again anyone that height has to pay close attention to not getting too high.

When was the last time Fangio coached someone that tall?

Ray McDonald is very familiar to Fangio and Ray is obviously a familiar face to Vic and a good player who comes cheap because of the off the field concerns.

Every year we hear about guys making their way into the first round from middle rounds. There are only so many selections and only so many guys who can actually make it in there.

My guess is Anderson ends up going bottom 2nd to mid 3rd round. I could live with him being our 2nd rounder but I'd gamble and see if he's available in the 3rd. The DL class is pretty legit this year.

Are characteristics and physical measurable's interchangeable now? I'm just going to assume the height question is rhetoric.

I'm no talent scout, so it wouldn't be the first time I've been wrong, but I see no way of him getting beyond the very early 3rd round. To be honest, I'd be hard pressed to name more than 3 guys that I like better as a 5 tech in this entire draft.

I think any team could benefit from having a 6-6 297 lb DE with a motor like Anderson, not just Vic after his Senior Bowl I'm sure there are a bunch of teams looking at this kid.
I'm on board with him in the 2nd.
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
I'm on board with him in the 2nd.

If Niners want him, best to take him with their 2nd Rd pick, doubt he falls to mid 3rd Rd.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
College Football Focus (PFF)

Finished second among draft-eligible 3-4 defensive ends in both our Run Stop Percentage and Pass Rushing Productivity metrics.

Anderson is a good athlete and commits to shooting gaps which makes him arguably the most disruptive defensive lineman in this entire draft class. His 12.2 Pass Rushing Productivity score against Power 5 teams was comfortably the best among draft eligible defensive tackles and 3-4 ends andhis penetration also translated to productive work in run defense, to boot.

What holds Anderson back a little in these rankings are some technical flaws which could cause some problems in the NFL. Anderson ends up on the floor a lot and that is a by-product of his play style and some technical flaws which combined with his ultimate desire to get up the field see him play with poor balance at times.

If Anderson can plays with his hands up a little more to protect himself when he is penetrating and plays with a little wider base to hold up against getting blocked from the side then he may just have as much potential as any defensive player in this draft.

[ Edited by DeUh on Apr 15, 2015 at 6:53 PM ]
He'd be a solid pick in the 3rd.
Share 49ersWebzone