There are 161 users in the forums

Randy Gregory failed drug test for Marijuana at Combine... could be there at 15?

Okay, the guy smokes pot and makes no bones about it. Red Flag goes right up, should we take him at 15? That's up to the Niner brain trust. My take is that the toughest position to judge is the DE-Linebacker hybrid. I keep thinking of Vernon Gholston, a can't miss pick, 6'3, 266, selected 8th overall, total bust. Take a chance in a later round for that position. A college DB is out there one on one and what you see is what you get. Also, there's not too much speculation with an interior O-Lineman, if you're looking to run the ball. Can he move people out and clear a path for the running back, yes or no? So, I would say the DB and Offensive Guard are the safest positions to draft. This draft is going to be crazy, I could see lots of movement up and down the board.
No thanks at 15. If he falls to 46 then I would roll the dice.
Great. Lets pick failed drug test guys and torn ACL's. Cross your fingers and hope for the best.
  • buck
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
His weight seems a bit light. Plus didn't he have a really poor combine? (Not that that's what everything should be judged on)

Pretty solid numbers

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/randy-gregory?id=2552446

Whoops...must have been someone else

He is listed at 235 pounds at the source; that is little light for a 3-4 OLB.

I think he has gained some weight. Maybe he smoked the marijuana to help him gain the weight.

Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by Hopper:
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
He's up to 242 Lbs I guess....Lynch was 249 rolling into camp and Harbs feed him steak every day lol. He's got the frame to add weight

You might be right but he's got skinny legs and no butt. I don't want to end up with another Julian Peterson or the other guy we had that could cover tight ends but would get mauled by an o-lineman.

Yeah that would be awful lol

That made me double take too lol

I remember JP being a better Lion than a 49er, maybe it's just me. OLB is a hard position to draft for and if he falls to us and another team wants to give up a bounty for him then I say trade back.
He's trying everything to gain weight. That's dedication.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Whether he's there at #15 or not, I'd say it's more important to get a beastly DL. Without those guys, Gregory wouldn't do much. I know Tomsula likes his DL depth (so do I), but we're likely to lose our best DL and Justin needs as beastly a guy as Baalke can draft to replace him.

There is no "beastly" DL worth a 15th pick that will be there unless Shelton falls. You need to look at who fits the mold of Smith (DE 5-tech) and I don't see anyone beside Williams in the top 15.

I like Henry Anderson or Mario Edwards in the 3rd
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 27, 2015 at 6:22 AM ]
Originally posted by buck:
He is listed at 235 pounds at the source; that is little light for a 3-4 OLB.

I think he has gained some weight. Maybe he smoked the marijuana to help him gain the weight.

Yeah he's up to 242 and has the frame to gain weight. Lynch was 249 when he was drafted , but yeah you'd think if you smoked like a mad man you be able to pack on the lbs lol
Draft him!!!

Winning with class!!!
We need Alvin Dupree to complete the A-Team! Aldon, Ahmad, Aaron, and Alvin!

f**k it
I did stupid s**t like that when I was in my 20's and yes, logically speaking it sounds really foolish to do what he is doing but when asked why it's something really hard to explain.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
3rd down.......Dockett and Carradine inside, Aldon and Lynch outside, Gregory and Bowman at LB.

Goodluckimbehindsevenproxies.jpg

Von dominated in college though for multiple seasons. I think Gregory will start out as a situational rusher. I envision him similar to Bruce Irvin after a year. He risky in the 1st, IMO.
If you can look past Gregory's troubled off field antics he reminds me a little of Aldon on the field. He has an explosive first step and while the thought of him and Aldon with lynch in there could turn out to be a ridiculous pass rush I'm not sure if I really want him at 15. If we were to take him I would trust that baalke really did his homework.
Originally posted by ModestoNiner33:
I remember JP being a better Lion than a 49er, maybe it's just me. OLB is a hard position to draft for and if he falls to us and another team wants to give up a bounty for him then I say trade back.

Peterson had a good 3 year run with the Seahawks after he left us. Then was traded to Detroit.
Share 49ersWebzone