LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

The Baalke Mad Genius Mock Draft

A few trades away from solving most of our problems ...

1. Trade #15 to Carolina for #25 and #57
2. Trade #25 and #126 to Washington for #38 and #69
3. Trade #69 and #79 to San Diego for #48 and #153

Leaving us with: #s 38, 47, 48, 57, 132, 151, 153, 189, 246, and 254

Pick #38: Carl Davis, DT Iowa
Pick #47: Paul Dawson, ILB TCU
Pick #48: Kevin Johnson, CB Wake Forest
Pick #57: Duke Johnson, RB Miami
Pick #132: Ty Montgomery, WR Stanford
Pick #151: Shaquille Mason, C/OG Georgia Tech
Pick #153: Jarvis Harrison, OG Texas A&M
Pick #189: Sean Mannion, QB Oregon State
Pick #246: Chris Conley, WR Georgia
Pick #254: Kyle Brindza, K Notre Dame
Thanks for the mock!

Boy I'd be upset if out of all the WRs in this draft we end up with Montgomery/Conley especially with 4 2nd round picks!

I do like that you found where all the value lies (2nd-3rd rounds), but I'm not a huge fan of the players you targeted at those spots.

• Like the Carl Davis pick
  • If you want to roll ILB that early Anthony makes more sense at 47.
  • KJ won't be there at 48, but wouldn't mind him if he was there (Bryon Jones would be my pick).
  • I think we already have two COP backs in Hunter/Bush and if Ajayi is there he should be the pick (we need another big back).
  • Montgomery isn't a good WR IMO
  • Everyone knows I hate the QBs in this draft minus the top two....waste of a pick in my eyes.
  • Conley won't be there at 246 but would be a good pick there

6/10 for the Mock....
Who are all of these teams trading up for?

I would love extra draft picks but I would like to be realistic about finding a trade partner.
Wow now that is a ton of trades there
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Who are all of these teams trading up for?

I would love extra draft picks but I would like to be realistic about finding a trade partner.

Well ... all of this is sort of fortune telling. I was simply trying to find trade partners where the trade values worked out. Carolina may want to jump up to get a WR. When has Washington not made a trade? San Diego would be trading back in my scenario to acquire to 3rds ... that is a tempting trade for any team.

As for Kevin Johnson at 48 ... I realize he would likely be gone, but he is all over the various big boards. Most still have him as a high second rounder, so maybe we would have to use 37 to get him. To me, he's the 3rd CB taken in the draft - which this year probably translates to high 2nd round.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Thanks for the mock!

Boy I'd be upset if out of all the WRs in this draft we end up with Montgomery/Conley especially with 4 2nd round picks!

I do like that you found where all the value lies (2nd-3rd rounds), but I'm not a huge fan of the players you targeted at those spots.

• KJ won't be there at 48, but wouldn't mind him if he was there (Bryon Jones would be my pick).
  • I think we already have two COP backs in Hunter/Bush and if Ajayi is there he should be the pick (we need another big back).
  • Everyone knows I hate the QBs in this draft minus the top two....waste of a pick in my eyes.

6/10 for the Mock....

Not sure if Johnson is a COP back. He's about Gore's size, just faster. To me, he is the closest back to Frank in the draft.

Montgomery will compete Day 1 for kickoff returns. He needs to develop as a WR.

Again, just going off the big boards, Conley is a riser but many are still projecting him in the 6th or 7th round.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
hahahaha... Just love the idea!!

Great job Mid!!!

you are one the frew (like myself) that believes and has an idea of how to improve our team by getting out of the 15th pick and trade down for more 2nd rounds or even 3rd rounders ..

I also like most of your picks aside Kevin Jonson and Duke..
Originally posted by midrdan:
Thanks for the mock!

6/10 for the Mock....

Not sure if Johnson is a COP back. He's about Gore's size, just faster. To me, he is the closest back to Frank in the draft.

Again, just going off the big boards, Conley is a riser but many are still projecting him in the 6th or 7th round.

He is similar in size but I don't see the running in between tackle/breaking tackles like gore...hows he at pass blocking?

So we have a return man that can't catch or really run routes? Ellington was fine last year...What happens if Boldin or smith get hurt we would be razor thin there. This draft is two good at WR to grab TY as our 1st WR in this draft.

What big board did you go off of? Just curious thanks man
Thanks for the mock!

6/10 for the Mock....

These.

I'm calling b******t unless you have examples of analysts projecting him in the 7th round. 6th round would be equally absurd. He's going in the 3rd or 4th round which is what "many" are now projecting.

Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

I'm calling b******t unless you have examples of analysts projecting him in the 7th round. 6th round would be equally absurd. He's going in the 3rd or 4th round which is what "many" are now projecting.

Conley is going to be gone by the 3rd-4th rounds. Especially with the way the NFL is changing
A 6'2 WR with a 40 in the low 4.3s is not a late draft pick
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

ive seen 5th round
Skip the 3rd trade and keep your 2 3rd round picks Too much value there.

That would leave us with 3 2nd rounder, 2 3rd rounders and 2 4th rounders.

We could go DL, CB and ILB in the 2nd round

RB and G in the 3rd round or possibly RB and WR

That would leave us 2 4ths and a 5th. Maybe depth at Tackle, Safety and G or WR not take in the 3rd
  • All22
  • Veteran
Thanks for the mock!

6/10 for the Mock....

He is similar in size but I don't see the running in between tackle/breaking tackles like gore...hows he at pass blocking?

So we have a return man that can't catch or really run routes? Ellington was fine last year...What happens if Boldin or smith get hurt we would be razor thin there. This draft is two good at WR to grab TY as our 1st WR in this draft.

What big board did you go off of? Just curious thanks man

Not only do we have Ellington, but Hayne, Patton (KR), Hyde, Bush, Hunter, and Holliday too. We don't need a return man.
Share 49ersWebzone