LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 282 users in the forums

theninermaniac's final Mock Draft

1.15: Devante Parker, WR, Louisville

He has the best hands in the draft and is a huge red-zone target. Future WR1 that can go up and get it.

2.46: Stephone Anthony, ILB, Clemson

Explosive athlete that has speed to make plays everywhere on the field. Great in pass coverage.

3.79: Ali Marpet, G, Hobart

Powerful and athletic and could play almost any position along the line.

4.126: Lynden Trail, OLB/DE, Norfolk State

Massive size and very long arms. Has a huge ceiling.

4.132: Ladarius Gunter, CB Miami Univ.

Great size for a CB and is a proven playmaker.

5.151: Josh Robinson, RB, Miss. State

Short and powerful RB that can also catch out of the backfield. Low center of gravity and great leg drive.

6.189: Terry Williams, NT, East Carolina

Great size and girth for a true NT and has surprising athleticism.

7.246 Brandon Bridge, QB, South Alabama

Good arm, running ability. He's a project that needs coaching up.

7.254 Blake Bell, TE, Oklahoma

If he's there, why not?

1. Devante Parker, WR
2. Stephone Anthony, ILB
3. Ali Marpet, G
4. Lynden Trail, OLB/DE
4. Ladarius Gunter, CB
5. Josh Robinson, RB
6. Terry Williams, NT
7. Brandon Bridge, QB
7. Blake Bell, TE
I do like Parker, but my gut tells me he won't be there at 15.
D-line is way more of a need then WR... I said it before and ill keep saying it our defense cant keep us in games if we ignore it !!!!!
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
D-line is way more of a need then WR... I said it before and ill keep saying it our defense cant keep us in games if we ignore it !!!!!

There is no value for D Line at the 15th pick. At least not how I grade the prospects. Would you rather have a top 10 WR talent at #15 or a top 30 DL talent at #15?
Originally posted by theninermaniac:

There is no value for D Line at the 15th pick. At least not how I grade the prospects. Would you rather have a top 10 WR talent at #15 or a top 30 DL talent at #15?

Agree, Parker is there at 15, no brainer pick.
Round 2, I prefer the UCLA ILB if available, the clemson one is a good 2A
Round 3, I believe Henry Anderson, 3-4 DE from Stanford would be a better pick. the Guard is a great story, but do not think he will be any better than Marcus Martin, Kilgore, Thomas, Looney at guard.
Round 4 great pick at cb
Round 5- if the USC RB is still on the board, I think he will be better if not your pick is OK.
Good Mock I like it!

Everyone is hating on going WR in the 1st, but if Parker is there he will be BPA without a doubt. I agree I would rather have a top 10 WR talent at 15 then a top 30 DL talent at 15

I still think there is better talent in the 2nd than Anthony, but I wouldn't hate it. I'd throw Anderson or Edwards in the 3rd over OG, we have young players on the o-line that will be taking Iupati's spot.
I see you always have Lynden Trail in your mocks, from what I've read he's really raw and didn't show much at the Senior Bowl. Some teams see him more as a TE then a OLB/DE.

Why do you like him so much?
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erred:

Agree, Parker is there at 15, no brainer pick.
Round 2, I prefer the UCLA ILB if available, the clemson one is a good 2A
Round 3, I believe Henry Anderson, 3-4 DE from Stanford would be a better pick. the Guard is a great story, but do not think he will be any better than Marcus Martin, Kilgore, Thomas, Looney at guard.
Round 4 great pick at cb
Round 5- if the USC RB is still on the board, I think he will be better if not your pick is OK.

Parker can go either to Vikings, Browns or Dolphins before Niners pick at #15, seriously doubt he falls there. I think Baalke is goin CB in the 1st (Waynes, Peters, Collins or Darby) either at #15 or with a trade down to later in the round.
Agree on ILB in 2nd, prefer Perryman, but would be fine with Anthony.
Also agree on Henry Anderson DE in the 3rd - "Cowboy II".
As far as RB, either go Jeremy Langford or Buck Allen (USC) in the 4th. Doubt either of them will be on the board by mid 5th Rd.
Originally posted by crew:
Parker can go either to Vikings, Browns or Dolphins before Niners pick at #15, seriously doubt he falls there. I think Baalke is goin CB in the 1st (Waynes, Peters, Collins or Darby) either at #15 or with a trade down to later in the round.
Agree on ILB in 2nd, prefer Perryman, but would be fine with Anthony.
Also agree on Henry Anderson DE in the 3rd - "Cowboy II".
As far as RB, either go Jeremy Langford or Buck Allen (USC) in the 4th. Doubt either of them will be on the board by mid 5th Rd.

Vikings- just traded for Mike Wallace and are super high on Charles Johnson and they aren't throwing Patterson out the door yet... They aren't 1 WR away from being good, I see OL/pass rush or CB for them.
Browns-They need a lot more then just a WR and I can see OL /DL/QB or even RB, add that they signed Bowe and Hardline to their WR corps. They also have the 19th pick and can go WR there as well.
Dolphins- They added Stills have Landry and just signed Jordan, plus I see them signing either Crabs or Jennings as well, They could roll CB.

I honestly see him dropping based on the depth at WR in this draft and those other teams needing more than a WR.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
I see you always have Lynden Trail in your mocks, from what I've read he's really raw and didn't show much at the Senior Bowl. Some teams see him more as a TE then a OLB/DE.

He's definitely raw. His length and his athleticism are very impressive though. I think he is a moldable player that can play the edge as DE (maybe add 15 lbs) or as an OLB. I think the potential is there to see him develop in to a Chandler Jones type athlete.

No doubt there is a lot of work to be done. His technical and mental game needs development. But the right coach and weight regimen could unlock a beast.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

He's definitely raw. His length and his athleticism are very impressive though. I think he is a moldable player that can play the edge as DE (maybe add 15 lbs) or as an OLB. I think the potential is there to see him develop in to a Chandler Jones type athlete.

No doubt there is a lot of work to be done. His technical and mental game needs development. But the right coach and weight regimen could unlock a beast.

I do like the upside....I'll have to check out some more of him thanks!

This is my mock from a month ago and it still looks solid. Sticking with it.
I would go D-line in the 3rd and lose the QB in round 7 and go after Manton, the best kicker in the draft if he is on the board. That would not only lock up the position but save us milliuons in cap space every year.

Like the rest of the mock
No value for a DL at #15? Really? I'll bet Eddie Goldman and/or Malcolm Brown could easily go then. But, I expect Baalke to trade down if he gets a good offer...to get at least another 3rd rd pick. I'll be shocked if Baalke takes a WR in the 1st rd. Love Parker, but I just expect him to trade down and take BPA.

As for Trail, there's another guy I like better...Danielle Thomas from LSU. He's 6-5 @ 255, ran a 4.56 X 40, 34 +" arms and has that rare combination of speed/athleticism, explosiveness and size.

Gunter actually shows up as a S in NFL.com draft profiles...ran a 4.66 X 40, not what you'd want at CB.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
No value for a DL at #15? Really? I'll bet Eddie Goldman and/or Malcolm Brown could easily go then. But, I expect Baalke to trade down if he gets a good offer...to get at least another 3rd rd pick. I'll be shocked if Baalke takes a WR in the 1st rd. Love Parker, but I just expect him to trade down and take BPA.

As for Trail, there's another guy I like better...Danielle Thomas from LSU. He's 6-5 @ 255, ran a 4.56 X 40, 34 +" arms and has that rare combination of speed/athleticism, explosiveness and size.

Gunter actually shows up as a S in NFL.com draft profiles...ran a 4.66 X 40, not what you'd want at CB.

There isn't value at 15 for a two down player neither are worth a top 15 pick not even close man....just stop already. Hunter isn't going in the 4th and I agree with Gunter not a fan at all wayyy to slow.
Share 49ersWebzone