LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 227 users in the forums

Draft Experts Wanted!

• 9moon
  • Veteran
.. and if this is the FORMULA that we need to follow, then these are my picks if we make NO trades at all.

1) DE - Carl Davis; Iowa

2) ILB - Benardrick McKinney; Miss State

3) WR - Tony Lippett; Michigan State

4a) OLB - Zach Hodges; Harvard

4b) RB - Karlos Williams; FSU

5) TE - Nick O'Leary; FSU

6) OT - Trenton Brown; Florida

7a) DE - Anthony Chikillo; Miami

7b) NT - Ellis McCarthy; UCLA
Originally posted by NCommand:
Picks have been determined:

Draft Round - Targets:
1 (15) - OLB/DE
2 (14) - WR
3 (15) - ILB/LG/RB
4 (14) To Buffalo for Stevie Johnson
4 (27) From Denver - RB/CB/FS
4 (33) Compensatory pick - LT/RT
5 (15) - NT
6 (14) - QB
7 (29) From Indianapolis for Cam Johnson - PK/P
7 (37) Compensatory pick - TE/H-Back

WR in the second round?
Originally posted by GORO:
RB: I think Todd Gurley is the 49ers pick at 15. Love Hyde but Gurley is the best running back to come out in recent drafts. Baalke also drafts guys higher than they are usually projected. Who better to replace Gore with!

OLB: Having insurance for Aldon Smith holding out 2016 or messing up would be a good idea. Eli Harold or Nate Orchard could be targets in round #2

OG If not for this year than Alex Boone replacement. John Miller could be a fit.

CB unless Trae Wayne is available at 15 then I see thim waiting to select another developmental corner. 49ers have done good job finding gems.

DL I think Tomsula will not draft a DL early, He is close to the guys on roster and will give them every shot to contribute.
How's Gurley's ACL?

ILB They will probably take a flyer on a guy or a safety to convert to ILB in the later rounds.
How's Gurley's ACL?
At 15, I think Bud Dupree might be our guy. Everyone is expecting us to get a wr or cb in the first but we surprise some people and get a passrusher. A pretty good one if I must say.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Picks have been determined:

Draft Round - Targets:
1 (15) - OLB/DE
2 (14) - WR
3 (15) - ILB/LG/RB
4 (14) To Buffalo for Stevie Johnson
4 (27) From Denver - RB/CB/FS
4 (33) Compensatory pick - LT/RT
5 (15) - NT
6 (14) - QB
7 (29) From Indianapolis for Cam Johnson - PK/P
7 (37) Compensatory pick - TE/H-Back

WR in the second round?

DGB, Strong? We have to remember that this is Boldin's last year and we'll need a big-bodied WCO WR in his mold to groom THIS year.

What would you do?
Originally posted by 9moon:
This is my IDEA..

One of the teams from 20 to 26 will be moving up on our spot.. and this is what I see happening..

1-15) Detroit - sending the 49ers their 1st pick (2015) and 2nd round (2015) - Melvin Gordon; RB - Wisconsin

1-23) Patriots - needing to replace Wilfork now, New England traded to out spot (23rd) and for an extra 3rd, and drafts DT/NT Jordan Phillips of Oklahoma..

WE NOW HAVE...

1-32) Benardrick McKinney; ILB - Miss St

2-46) Carl Davis; DT - Iowa
2-54) Quentin Rollins; CB - Miami OH

3-79) Taiwan Jones; ILB - Michigan State
3-96) Henry Anderson; DE - Stanford

4-123) Taiwan Jones; ILB - Michigan State
4-comp) Ty Montgomery; WR - Stanford

5) Arie Kouandijo; OG - Alabama
6) SeQwan Edwards; CB - New Mexico

7a) Nate Montana; QB - Tulsa
7comp) Ross Apo; WR - BYU

LMAO So there are two Taiwan Jones'? And Ross Apo!? I'm a BYU fan and that's just ridiculous. He's been the 4th and 5th option since he was recruited, no doubt, as a 4 star recruit out of Texas. Jordan Leslie would suffice, but, not Ross Apo!
Originally posted by gold49digger:
At 15, I think Bud Dupree might be our guy. Everyone is expecting us to get a wr or cb in the first but we surprise some people and get a passrusher. A pretty good one if I must say.

Pass rusher would make everybody in the secondary better, naturally esp. with a rotation of Brooks, Lynch, Aldon, Carradine and Dockett. Keep pressuring those QB's! That said, we still need to stuff the run first and foremost.

Pass rusher would make everybody in the secondary better, naturally esp. with a rotation of Brooks, Lynch, Aldon, Carradine and Dockett. Keep pressuring those QB's! That said, we still need to stuff the run first and foremost.

If we want to return to our dominant run stuffing defense then I would love to get Shelton at 15.
BTW: I really appreciate the efforts by all. It really helps narrow down a few things for me to see if I can predict another Baalke draft.
you tried that already?

If we want to return to our dominant run stuffing defense then I would love to get Shelton at 15.

That's a common pick as well...though, most think he'll be gone by then.
Originally posted by communist:
you tried that already?

You talking to me?

Unfortunately yeah he is most likely gone by the time we pick, I have him going to the bears. In the first, there are not much run stuffing players in available. Maybe Malcom Brown but most have him as a interior pass rusher. If we want to draft to stuff the run, we would have to do it in later rounds. Drafting Mckinney/Anthony or Carl Davis would be great in the 2nd or 3rd.

Unfortunately yeah he is most likely gone by the time we pick, I have him going to the bears. In the first, there are not much run stuffing players in available. Maybe Malcom Brown but most have him as a interior pass rusher. If we want to draft to stuff the run, we would have to do it in later rounds. Drafting Mckinney/Anthony or Carl Davis would be great in the 2nd or 3rd.

No question!
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SaksV:
Round 1 - OLB UCLA Owamagbe Odighizuwa

Round 2 - WR UCF Breshad Perriman

Round 3 - ILB Miami Denzel Perryman

Round 4 - CB Mississippi St. Justin Cox

Round 4 - RB Florida St. Karlos Williams

Round 5 - OLB Oklahoma Geneo Grissom

Round 6 - OG Utah Jeremiah Poutasi

Round 7 - FS East Washington Tevin McDonald

Round 7 - WR Texas Tech Bradley Marquez

no reason to take an outside lb in the first and then the fifth. Id replace your 5th round with Darren Waller. 6'6 4.4... te/we
Share 49ersWebzone