There are 247 users in the forums

Impact draft! IMO

• crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Since07:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
After spendin 2 3rd round picks last yr on O-line I dont see O-line as a bigg need ... But with 2 34+ yr olds(Dockett,Smith) 1 may call it quites , 2 D-linemen (Dorsey ,Williams)coming off tha injuries list for tha 2nd straight season and a few nothing special players(Dail, TJE,Okoye) ... I dont see how anyone cant see D-linemen as our biggest need ....Our defence cant keep us in games if we dont spend GOOD/high picks on GOOD players not late round just ok player and not UDFA barely ok players ...

Totally agree w/tatdwolf49!

Good players selected and I really like the Waller & Connely picks.

While I agree DL should be priority #1 who will be there at 15 that's worth the 15th pick?

That's how I feel, Im not diggin this yrs class of 3/4 DLs

Only value in DL is in 2nd/3rd Rd in this draft - Carl Davis, Mario Edwards Jr., Marcus Hardison or Henry Anderson.
Originally posted by Since07:
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
After spendin 2 3rd round picks last yr on O-line I dont see O-line as a bigg need ... But with 2 34+ yr olds(Dockett,Smith) 1 may call it quites , 2 D-linemen (Dorsey ,Williams)coming off tha injuries list for tha 2nd straight season and a few nothing special players(Dail, TJE,Okoye) ... I dont see how anyone cant see D-linemen as our biggest need ....Our defence cant keep us in games if we dont spend GOOD/high picks on GOOD players not late round just ok player and not UDFA barely ok players ...

Totally agree w/tatdwolf49!

Good players selected and I really like the Waller & Connely picks.

While I agree DL should be priority #1 who will be there at 15 that's worth the 15th pick?

That's how I feel, Im not diggin this yrs class of 3/4 DLs

Thank you....everyone can agree that DL, CB, ILB are our biggest needs, but I just don't see a 3/4 DE/DT at 15....everyone wants Goldman or Brown but I see them more as a NT which we already have 2 good ones.

I like Edwards or Anderson in the 3rd...they are both versatile on the DL better value in the 2nd-4th rounds for DL IMO.
Very nice mock
  • fan49
  • Veteran
To everyone that thinks Perryman will be there in the 3rd.... he might. But some have him in the second. And he bring a nastiness that the other dont. He also is the prototypical mike linebacker no the sam. Collins has define value in the 1st. Boone might not be here next year... he held put for more money last year... so to have Thomas and collins is a huge plus. Plus hes just a beast. And really hard to move. Collins is a tackle. I would like to move him to gaurd. We had nobody beside staley that is elite. And Staley was soft last year to. So I see an importance to the oline in the first. And cbs has Conley as a fifth
[ Edited by fan49 on Mar 23, 2015 at 2:44 PM ]
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Thank you....everyone can agree that DL, CB, ILB are our biggest needs, but I just don't see a 3/4 DE/DT at 15....everyone wants Goldman or Brown but I see them more as a NT which we already have 2 good ones.

I like Edwards or Anderson in the 3rd...they are both versatile on the DL better value in the 2nd-4th rounds for DL IMO.

This is exactly why I didn't jump on dline too early. I think there's a drop off of CB after the first round Too
Originally posted by fan49:
To everyone that thinks Perryman will be there in the 3rd.... he might. But some have him in the second. And he bring a nastiness that the other dont. He also is the prototypical mike linebacker no the sam. Collins has define value in the 1st. Boone might not be here next year... he held put for more money last year... so to have Thomas and collins is a huge plus. Plus hes just a beast. And really hard to move. Collins is a tackle. I would like to move him to gaurd. We had nobody beside staley that is elite. And Staley was soft last year to. So I see an importance to the oline in the first. And cbs has Conley as a fifth

If Collins is such a beast why would he be avaiable at 15? Some scouts have him rated as the best OT in the draft.
Originally posted by fan49:

This is exactly why I didn't jump on dline too early. I think there's a drop off of CB after the first round Too

I also think there is a ton of talent for o line beyond the 1st
Agree OL Collins should be a beast in the NFL...but there's a good chance we already have the next LG in Brandon Thomas. He was the starting LT for Clemson, so LG shouldn't be a big deal for him. I think we should draft an OT or a guy who can play OG and OT, but not in the 1st rd. My pick would be either Eddie Goldman or Malcolm Brown, both of whom can play NT or DE. Brown is the more athletic of the two and the one more likely to play DE. The point for either is they're both studs and could well be cornerstones on our DL. NT Jordan Phillips is another option, although he's strictly a NT. Drafting him could free up others to compete for the DE rotation.

I disagreet Perryman's the best ILB...he might have some nastiness, but it's only vs the run and our ILB's are expected to do a lot more than that. Which is why I'd opt for Stephone Anthony, who does more things well. Anthony also has great size at 6-2, 243 and ran a 4.56 X 40.

No issues with the rest of your picks...definitely intrigued by Waller. Only thing I'd say against taking him is we already have a couple of hybrid TE/H-back receivers in Carrier and Millard (who'll make his Niner debut on the field this season).
  • fan49
  • Veteran
I think Waller is too athetic and tall to not try something with him.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
And With Our Worst Ever Redzone Presence I Think A 6'6 Guy Would Be huge. It would be hard for colin to overthrow him lol... I'm a fan but had too

• CNM86
  • Veteran
Love the Justin Cox and Darren Waller picks
Where is our 2nd 7th round pick!!!
Share 49ersWebzone