LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

My best/last Mock

Nice mock. Only knocks I have are Ayjayi and Olomu. For being a big as Ayjayi is he sure doesn't run over people or break tackles just is shifty and elusive. Olomu reminds me of Cromartie and is better suited for the 4-3
[ Edited by Since07 on Mar 21, 2015 at 4:55 PM ]
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
Originally posted by NickSh49:
You put him at guard until he eventually replaces Staley.

That could work.

Eerh staley is signed long term. I think he is a plug and play Left guard, and could be the swing tackle if one of the starting tackles goes down. Agree with other posters that I would rather see first round on a position of need, ie if best CB is there at 15, Best 3-4 DE, or Davante Parker at WR.
Originally posted by NinerSickness:
I love the Brandon Scherff pick. Nobody'd see it coming. But what do you do w/ Staley? Trade him?

Edit: never mind. He'll Staley will probably retire or get arrested for rape or espionage or something w/ our luck this offseason.

He'll get caught selling top secret files to the Russians
  • bors
  • Veteran
Ol is always a need. Trenches need to be strong on both sides. It's just never the fun sexy pic
I don't think your 1st and 3rd round picks will be available when we are on the clock. Scherff is going top 10 and Ajayi is going in the 2nd.
Love the picks. There are a lot of "Ifs" but if the draft fell this way, we would be getting great value at almost every pick.
Originally posted by ivanm05:
Originallcusted by tatdwolf49:
No D-line help til tha 4th round I just cant get behind any of this .... 1st round OT we dont need wasted pick , 4th round small CB when its kinda clear we like and want 6 foot+ CB's ...

Bro.. I hear you but we do have a lot of dline. There's Ian Williams, Dorsey, Dockett, Dial, Carradine, Ramsey, Cowboy hasn't retired. If you don't go dline in the first you might as well wait because they won't go ahead of Carradine Dockett and Dorsey on the depth chart.

I know people think we need a lot of corner help but we did draft 3 of em.last year. Brock is coming back. We have Dontae. Reaser and Acker aren't small. Not all cbs are gonna be six feet plus. In the fourth .. for the value I like Ifo.. I think he.would.be a much better nickel corner than ward. Ward was pretty awful.

And you're kidding yourself if.you.don't think we need.to.go oline.. with all the.injuries that happened last year.. we had no.depth..that and it's probably Boones last year here too.

Ian Williams injured 2 straight yrs , Dorsey injured 2 straight yrs , Dockett injuired N 34 yrs old , Dial nothing special , Carradine showed flashs buy mostly unknown, Ramsey uummm who is he lol , cowboy luv but 36 yrs old.
Im not sayin we dont need O-line help but not in tha 1st round we just spent 2 3rd round picks on O-line last yr ... Im sick of late round and UDFA D-linemen that are just OK ...
LOVE the Kenny Bell pick! He's my favorite receiver based on value and i havent seen him in any other mock. Love the Ifo pick as well. Not a fan of Ayaji at all. Would much prefer Abdullah at that spot and I would go with Shaq Thompson in the 2nd. He's my favorite player in the draft. Nice job!
[ Edited by mickyd49er on Mar 21, 2015 at 9:54 PM ]
Originally posted by mickyd49er:
LOVE the Kenny Bell pick! He's my favorite receiver based on value and i havent seen him in any other mock. Love the Ifo pick as well. Not a fan of Ayaji at all. Would much prefer Abdullah at that spot and I would go with Shaq Thompson in the 2nd. He's my favorite player in the draft. Nice job!

Yeah man. I like Kenny Bell a lot too.. call me crazy but.I think he would be putting up similar numbers to Devin Smith if he was in that offense.

And yeah I like Abdullah too
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Originally posted by ivanm05:
Originallcusted by tatdwolf49:
No D-line help til tha 4th round I just cant get behind any of this .... 1st round OT we dont need wasted pick , 4th round small CB when its kinda clear we like and want 6 foot+ CB's ...

Bro.. I hear you but we do have a lot of dline. There's Ian Williams, Dorsey, Dockett, Dial, Carradine, Ramsey, Cowboy hasn't retired. If you don't go dline in the first you might as well wait because they won't go ahead of Carradine Dockett and Dorsey on the depth chart.

I know people think we need a lot of corner help but we did draft 3 of em.last year. Brock is coming back. We have Dontae. Reaser and Acker aren't small. Not all cbs are gonna be six feet plus. In the fourth .. for the value I like Ifo.. I think he.would.be a much better nickel corner than ward. Ward was pretty awful.

And you're kidding yourself if.you.don't think we need.to.go oline.. with all the.injuries that happened last year.. we had no.depth..that and it's probably Boones last year here too.

Ian Williams injured 2 straight yrs , Dorsey injured 2 straight yrs , Dockett injuired N 34 yrs old , Dial nothing special , Carradine showed flashs buy mostly unknown, Ramsey uummm who is he lol , cowboy luv but 36 yrs old.
Im not sayin we dont need O-line help but not in tha 1st round we just spent 2 3rd round picks on O-line last yr ... Im sick of late round and UDFA D-linemen that are just OK ...
Yeah I know. If we go that way in the 1st then it has to be Goldman or Brown. Shelton will.be.gone and I want to like Armstead.. part of.me feels that's the route Baalke is.going but there's something about.him that just doesn't convince me. I don't know what it is. Maybe the sense that a player of that physique is rarely as good as his size. If that makes sense. But hey, if he lives up to his potential... Watch out.. he's gonna be a stud. That's a big if though.

Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Love the picks. There are a lot of "Ifs" but if the draft fell this way, we would be getting great value at almost every pick.

Thanks man.. that's what I was going.for. Trying to maximize the value at every pick.
While I think scherff is a great prospect I doubt he makes it past NY. I don't get why everyone is forgetting about Thomas or Martin at guard? They were both high picks and played LG at some point in college. If he is the BPA at 15 fine but I'd rather not go OL. You might have to switch you 2nd and 3rd round picks but they are both studs and I'd love to have both in SF jerseys!
best mock I've seen all year. Great job.Only thing Im not feeling is Zenner
Originally posted by 9ertillidie:
best mock I've seen all year. Great job.Only thing Im not feeling is Zenner

Thanks man! Zenner I like for the value..guys just a tough runner.. we.don't..know.what we have in Millard yet and with Bruce's recent incident, fullback may be a mother possibility in the 7th.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
While I think scherff is a great prospect I doubt he makes it past NY. I don't get why everyone is forgetting about Thomas or Martin at guard? They were both high picks and played LG at some point in college. If he is the BPA at 15 fine but I'd rather not go OL. You might have to switch you 2nd and 3rd round picks but they are both studs and I'd love to have both in SF jerseys!

Yeah you're right. Dawson is more likely than Ajayi to be there in the 3rd.
[ Edited by ivanm05 on Mar 22, 2015 at 5:17 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone