There are 164 users in the forums

NYniner85 mock 3.0 (last mock before draft)

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Originally posted by gold49digger:
I can dig it. Im more of a fan of McKinney or Anthony than perryman but i wont mind him too much.

Perryman is a huge liability in coverage. Would definitely prefer McKinney or Anthony.

Borland was a liability in coverage and we all love him....McKinney is actually bad in coverage and a 2nd rd pick on a ILB is a reach in my opionon. perryman or Dawson would be fine....you can always learn to play in coverage just as Willis

Borland had superior awareness and anticipation. I don't think Perryman has those same qualities. I think he's lacking ideal speed and length for pass coverage. And if your lacking foot speed you gotta make up for it with anticipation. If that can be coached then Perryman will make a fine ILB. He's certainly the best ILB against the run in the draft and its not even close. I like him, but I worry he will get exposed on passing plays.
I can dig it. Im more of a fan of McKinney or Anthony than perryman but i wont mind him too much.

Perryman is a huge liability in coverage. Would definitely prefer McKinney or Anthony.

Borland was a liability in coverage and we all love him....McKinney is actually bad in coverage and a 2nd rd pick on a ILB is a reach in my opionon. perryman or Dawson would be fine....you can always learn to play in coverage just as Willis

Borland had superior awareness and anticipation. I don't think Perryman has those same qualities. I think he's lacking ideal speed and length for pass coverage. And if your lacking foot speed you gotta make up for it with anticipation. If that can be coached then Perryman will make a fine ILB. He's certainly the best ILB against the run in the draft and its not even close. I like him, but I worry he will get exposed on passing plays.

Agreed that's why he isn't a top 20 pick None of these ILBers IMO are great in this draft. The good thing is this isn't the most important position on our defense.

As far as coverage goes against TE's really the only issue in the NFC West is Graham and we have two pro-bowl safeties that can help...if we beef up our DL/OLB and bring more pressure this will also help against Seattle's swiss-cheese line thus making Seattle have to bring a TE in to block and we all know Graham can't do that...

Agreed that's why he isn't a top 20 pick None of these ILBers IMO are great in this draft. The good thing is this isn't the most important position on our defense.

As far as coverage goes against TE's really the only issue in the NFC West is Graham and we have two pro-bowl safeties that can help...if we beef up our DL/OLB and bring more pressure this will also help against Seattle's swiss-cheese line thus making Seattle have to bring a TE in to block and we all know Graham can't do that...

If we can get Perryman in the third like your mock then I would be happy.

Not to get too far off subject, but how do you think Seattle is going to incorporate Jimmy Graham? He's obviously going to be targeted in the RZ and with PA plays, but he doesn't seem like much of a fit for the power game Seattle plays. To me it just seems reactionary for what happened in the Super Bowl.

If we can get Perryman in the third like your mock then I would be happy.

Not to get too far off subject, but how do you think Seattle is going to incorporate Jimmy Graham? He's obviously going to be targeted in the RZ and with PA plays, but he doesn't seem like much of a fit for the power game Seattle plays. To me it just seems reactionary for what happened in the Super Bowl.

Yup I'm just going off of the cbs big board and that's were he was ....

As far as Jimmy Graham, Seattle would love to have him be the same person he was in NO but their offensive philosophies couldn't be more different. He can't block at all and that was basically the main job of Seattle's TEs in the past. It will help the defense know when it's a passing play vs run play when he is in the game that's for sure. I'm all for making Wilson have to throw the ball more especially with that swiss-cheese OL.

They will be monsters in the red zone though and between Graham, Lynch, and Wilson it will be very tough. Bowman getting healthy and our pro-bowl safeties will help in containing Graham, but it will also leave 8 men out of the box...it will be interesting.
Share 49ersWebzone