LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

1st Mock Ever/Combing all WZers mocks

Love reading everybody's mocks on here! After reading the multiple mocks out there I have come up with favorites that I would like to take in each round. I'm not going to break down everybody's strengths and weaknesses cause I should get back to work soon and there is already plenty of that out there. You can also tear this apart all you want; I'm not saying the draft will play out like this....I would just be happy if it did.

Round 1: Andrus Peat, OT/OG Stanford- We are a running team and though I love Brandon Thomas I think we could use some GOOD players for depth on the online in case of injuries.

Round 2: Carl Davis, DT Iowa- Our good D starts with the front 7 so having a good run stopper who can take on double teams would be key.

Round 3: Denzel Perryman, ILB Miami- Wishful thinking that he is still here by this pick but I would love it if he was. A little undersized but man can lay the wood and brings some heart.

Round 4: Pick 1: Tre McBride, WR William and Mary- Small school receiver but he can make plays. Should pair well with Torrey and the other young guys as Bolding nears the end. Again very hopeful he falls.

Pick 2: Henry Anderson, DE Stanford- Yes I get it, some project these guys won't fall but nobody ever knows whats gonna happen. Love this guys motor.

Round 5: Adrian Amos, Safety Penn State- Backup for Reid

Round 6: Sean Mannion, QB Oregon State- Developmental QB who we might need to take in 5th instead. Like a pro style QB though.

Round 7: Pick 1: Shaquille Riddick, OLF WVU- More fire on the outside for competition.

Pick 2: Justin Manton, K Louisana-Monroe- Stole this from another poster but love it! Need a younger kicker we can rely on.
[ Edited by MTninerfan on Mar 20, 2015 at 2:42 PM ]
I like it... Especially rounds 2 to 4. I think McBride is going to be real good.
IMHO, a few things..

1. We do not need OL..especially with a first round pick.
2. You are correct, I dont think Perryman will be there in the 3rd
3. I don't think Carl Davis will be there in the 2nd and I dont like what I've heard about his work ethic

Just my three cents on the first few picks
Originally posted by 9erguy:
IMHO, a few things..

1. We do not need OL..especially with a first round pick.
2. You are correct, I dont think Perryman will be there in the 3rd
3. I don't think Carl Davis will be there in the 2nd and I dont like what I've heard about his work ethic

Just my three cents on the first few picks

I think that is definitely a need. Look what the Cowboys accomplished with an improved line! We might have "starters" right now but if one goes down I don't trust the guys waiting in the wings. I'd like to invest in some high end talent to shore things up so we have a great oline and not just a good oline.
I don't think I've seen a mock on here where we take Peat in the first round...
Stanford Linemen eh!!!
Originally posted by Quest4six:
I don't think I've seen a mock on here where we take Peat in the first round...

Not a fan of taking an OL in the 1st. Don't really see a huge pressing need for it, not more than so than at some other spots. Staley and Davis are holding down both tackle spots, you have Boone at one guard spot and then you have Kilgore or Martin at center and then Thomas, Martin, Kilgore or Looney fighting over the other guard spot. Depth sure, but you don't use a 1st round pick on depth.
I agree with those who are against an OL that early. I would also prefer Dezmin Lewis over Tre McBride with that pick. Lewis' game reminds me of Martavis Bryant and to a much lesser extent AJ Green. He has a skill set our receiver group sorely needs.
Nice draft.
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Round:
  1. Tray Wayne's -CB
  2. Denzel Perryman - ILB
  3. Tre Jackson -G
  4. Bryce Petty -QB
  5. Steffon Diggs- WR
  6. Adrian Amos- S
  7. Any kicker under the age of 40

Originally posted by HERN:
Round:
  1. Tray Wayne's -CB
  2. Denzel Perryman - ILB
  3. Tre Jackson -G
  4. Bryce Petty -QB
  5. Steffon Diggs- WR
  6. Adrian Amos- S

Nice draft but where is our first round wr
  • HERN
  • Veteran
Originally posted by elguapo:
Originally posted by HERN:
Round:
  1. Tray Wayne's -CB
  2. Denzel Perryman - ILB
  3. Tre Jackson -G
  4. Bryce Petty -QB
  5. Steffon Diggs- WR
  6. Adrian Amos- S

Nice draft but where is our first round wr

As tempting as it is to draft a WR in the first 3 rounds, I strongly believe that Patton and Ellington deserve to showcase there talents.

T. Smith
A. Boldin
Q. Patton
B.Ellington
J. Simpson
K. Osgood
S. Diggs
I really like your draft and I really like Peat BUT not in the first.
  • crew
  • Veteran
Nice draft, but Anderson won't be there in the 4th. Several projections now have him going end of Rd2 now. I would still go DL in Rd2, but Davis not my top choice. I could see Baalke choosing between Preston Smith, Mario Edwards, Marcus Hardison, and Henry Anderson. Chances of Hardison and Anderson lasting until Niners 3rd Rd pick are not high.
Share 49ersWebzone