LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Walter Footballs take on the 49ers upcomming Draft.

15. Malcolm Brown DE/DT Texas

The 49ers have endured a disastrous offseason, comprised of a massive downgrade at head coach, numerous retirements and free-agent departures. They could almost go in any direction, given the amount of needs they have. One player who hasn't confirmed his retirement just yet is Justin Smith, but it's sounding like he might be gone as well. If so, San Francisco will have a major hole up front.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2015.php
SD...I like MB a lot. Some say he's not suited to play the 5-technique or even NT in the 3-4, but he's a very talented DL, which excellent agility, so I'd think he'd be pretty high on Baalke's draft board. I'm always giving Walter my inputs on what I think the Niners will do...he listens...doesn't always include my picks, but at least he considers them. We should know soon what Justin Smith's going to do...I'm thinking he retires, hope I'm wrong. Either way, Baalke has to prepare for him being gone, BL.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
SD...I like MB a lot. Some say he's not suited to play the 5-technique or even NT in the 3-4, but he's a very talented DL, which excellent agility, so I'd think he'd be pretty high on Baalke's draft board. I'm always giving Walter my inputs on what I think the Niners will do...he listens...doesn't always include my picks, but at least he considers them. We should know soon what Justin Smith's going to do...I'm thinking he retires, hope I'm wrong. Either way, Baalke has to prepare for him being gone, BL.

DL or LB or anything really in the front 7 could be a good pick. OL and RB too. We have so many holes now it's crazy. In one offseason we are like swiss cheese.
How about his snide comments with the second round pick:

46. San Francisco 49ers: Stephone Anthony, ILB, Clemson
The 49ers are both inept and unfortunate. They said goodbye to Patrick Willis and Chris Borland this offseason, and now they have to find another inside linebacker to go along with the injured NaVorro Bowman.

My guess is the Niners could take anyone of these DT prospects in the mid to late first if they trade down:
Malcolm Brown
Eddie Goldman
Arik Armstead
Malcom Brown would be a fine addition

Most of agree that Trent will do the unexpected.

He could trade down and get Eddie Goldman who I feel will be an excellent pro and get an additional pick.

I also feel Baalke will get another FA - possibly a guy cut in TCamp.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

The 49ers are both inept and unfortunate. They said goodbye to Patrick Willis and Chris Borland this offseason, and now they have to find another inside linebacker to go along with the injured NaVorro Bowman.

My guess is the Niners could take anyone of these DT prospects in the mid to late first if they trade down:
Malcolm Brown
Eddie Goldman
Arik Armstead

This Walter guy is probably one of the least professional people on the web.
Who puts in stuff like this on their website? Its like TMZ

http://walterfootball.com/jerksoftheweek.php

I don't take what he says on his website seriously, because apparently he is overly-sensitive by the opinions of those outside his website and it probably influences his write ups and decisions.
Chalk this one up as a TMZ equivalent for me.

Seriously, look at this
http://walterfootball.com/jerksoftheweek150302.php
he's bragging about how he handled some jerk on facebook last week.
Not the kind of guy I want my info from.

LOL:
I became obsessed with bringing him down. I wanted to find out his real name - he claimed that Jerry Jackson was a pseudonym - and then I said that I would post it on Jerks of the Week for the world to see. There's no doubt his future employers would do a Google search of him, and given that my Web site ranks highly when it comes to Google searches, his name would be the first to pop up. His life, as a consequence, would be ruined forever, and he'd be relegated to taking minimum-wage jobs like the one he has now. I told him I wouldn't do this if he met my one demand: that he apologize to everyone he insulted on my Facebook wall over the past month. I gave him 48 hours.
[ Edited by Quest4six on Mar 19, 2015 at 1:10 PM ]

Malcolm Brown
Eddie Goldman
Arik Armstead

don't want armstead. Too raw and not enough experience. Those guys don't pan a lot and carry a lot of risk
walter football is only popular because it was one page with links to nearly every other mock draft out there.

Anyone who goes there for their scouting is wasting their time.
There's a thread for this:

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/181484-mock-drafts-official-publications-broadcasters-websites/
6-2 with 32.5 arms at 5-tech DE? won't happen imho.

• SaksV
  • Veteran
WalterFootball is a crock

Malcolm Brown
Eddie Goldman
Arik Armstead

I don't know if I've ever seen such snide remarks in a mock draft. Kind of ridiculous really. I lost a lot of respect for WalterFootball on this one. And I think his current mock first round pick for the Niners is way off. He's got them taking Malcom Brown, DT from Texas at #15. I'd be very surprised if that's what they do. They could trade down and still get Brown.
On this guy's free agent grades he has the 49ers' signing of Reggie Bush at 4 years $16 million... Guy's an idiot
Of course SD would post this
Walter gave us his "Millen" award twice..For the coaching stuff and sighning Blain/QB, who knows if we deserve that......He is pretty high on himself
Share 49ersWebzone