LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 189 users in the forums

Cooper Mock Draft 3.0 2015

Originally posted by 49er_Rider:
CB in the 1st would be a huge reach this crop is not as good as last year we can wait until mid rounds

I think last year's cornerbacks were pretty bad. Browns just signed Tramon Williams to start over Justin Gilbert and Darqueze Dennard was bad last year. This year's top 5 corners (Peters, Darby, Waynes, Johnson, Jones) are much better than last year's.. Obviously can't argue opinion but last year's class is provenly bad with the exception of maybe Fuller
[ Edited by Cooper22 on Mar 19, 2015 at 6:38 PM ]
Originally posted by Cooper22:
CB in the 1st would be a huge reach this crop is not as good as last year we can wait until mid rounds

I think last year's cornerbacks were pretty bad. Browns just signed Tramon Williams to start over Justin Gilbert and Darqueze Dennard was bad last year. This year's top 5 corners (Peters, Darby, Waynes, Johnson, Jones) are much better than last year's.. Obviously can't argue opinion but last year's class is provenly bad with the exception of maybe Fuller

Boy look at the past couple drafts and the busts as CB In the 1st.....if there's two postions that baalke has shown to be good at finding value for its CB and LB I hope he goes BPA in the 1st
Originally posted by NYniner85:

Boy look at the past couple drafts and the busts as CB In the 1st.....if there's two postions that baalke has shown to be good at finding value for its CB and LB I hope he goes BPA in the 1st

I'm all for BPA.. I just happen to think Darby would be the BPA at 21
If we pick a CB in the first I hope it's Jalen Collins. He is 6'2 with long arms for press coverage
[ Edited by filthyrich49er on Mar 19, 2015 at 7:24 PM ]
Hard to find anything to be excited about here, some horrible re-signs, cutting our Pro-Bowl caliber FB before we know exactly what even happened, big time reach in the 1st, oversaturation of the OL and an undersized 5-technique in the 2nd...

How many times do Josh Johnson and Blaine Gabbert need to prove that they can't even be trusted as a #3 QB before people stop giving them chances? At least Josh Johnson has heart, Blaine Gabbert is the worst QB I've ever seen in professional football.
Originally posted by LowerTheBoom:
Hard to find anything to be excited about here, some horrible re-signs, cutting our Pro-Bowl caliber FB before we know exactly what even happened, big time reach in the 1st, oversaturation of the OL and an undersized 5-technique in the 2nd...

How many times do Josh Johnson and Blaine Gabbert need to prove that they can't even be trusted as a #3 QB before people stop giving them chances? At least Josh Johnson has heart, Blaine Gabbert is the worst QB I've ever seen in professional football.

The re-signs are already done with the exception of Josh Johnson. They aren't speculation on my part, they're fact. Gabbert is on a 2 year contract now and will be the backup quarterback this year.
So, you'd cut Bruce Miller...who plays FB? I know Millard could do it, but Miller's one of the better FB's in the league. I get he may be suspended if found guilty of domestic violence/assault, but cutting him on a first offense seems pretty drastic.

Aldon's deal is already done...so he won't be restructured. I doubt they'd restructure Kap in only the 2nd year of his new contract.

As for your mock, I have some concerns:

- I have no real idea what Baalke will do with his first pick, wherever in the 1st rd it is. That said, something's telling me he'll go for one of the big DL...because Justin Smith's likely to retire and Dockett's 34 soon. He could go CB, but if he does, I'd think it might be someone like Marcus Peters. I get he's had some issues...but this dude's a real baller, plays with attitude and would bring a physicality to our corp of CB's that would be something special. If TB goes DL, I love Malcolm Brown, a very athletic and diverse DL.

- Not sure what to make of Preston Smith...he played DE in college, but is too small to play the position in an NFL 3-4. He could be an OLB/pass rusher, but will have to learn to cover receivers.

- How can you not love Ali Marpet...he was one of the biggest stories of the combine.

- McBride is fine with me...I see on NFL.com draft profiles the NFL player comparison is Brandon LaFell. No issues with that.

- Ryan has to learn to cover receivers and play with more instinct. I'm thinking Baalke pulls the trigger on an ILB earlier...he really likes Stephone Anthony.

- I haven't been impressed with Mannion...arguably his best asset is his height, which should allow him to see over the defense. Not impressed with his arm strength or accuracy, especially when he gets pressure. He'd be a project, all right.

- Busta Anderson...sounds like a natural. Definitely need a playmaking TE given Vernon's entering his contract season.
I highly doubt that we will until the 4th round to draft a LB
Originally posted by NYniner85:

I'm all for BPA.. I just happen to think Darby would be the BPA at 21

gotcha, I feel a team would seriously have to fall in love with Darby to make him the 21st pick in the draft though. I have yet to see a big board or mock that has him as a 1st round pick. Baalke does some weird stuff, but that would be a stretch especially for a Cb... Also do you think he goes secondary in the 1st 3 years in a row? He did just draft 4 DB's in last years draft and signed two in FA. we will see
Originally posted by Olejohnnyboy:
I highly doubt that we will until the 4th round to draft a LB

There is a topic that talks about how important or not ILB is to a defense http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/niners/181845-great-inside-linebackers-luxury/

We have had a lot of LBs fill in for pro-bowlers and really not even skip a beat....Grant/Borland/Wilhoite are a couple that come to mind. I really don't think we have to jump the gun on ILB our defense is based around having a great DL.

Share 49ersWebzone