LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 159 users in the forums

Kuya's Krazy Mock Draft (with a Navarro Bowman/Ahmad Brooks trade)

• Kuya
  • Veteran
I'm going to have fun and be aggressive with my mock drafts, regardless of how realistic they are.

In a blockbuster trade, Baalke trades Navarro Bowman, Kendall Hunter, Ahmad Brooks, 2015 1st, 2016 3rd and 2016 4th for Tennessee Titans 2015 1st and 2015 2nd round picks. We do this to enter a mini and fast rebuild this year and to get back value for Bowman/Brooks. Titans do this because they struggled at the LB position, which prompted them to bring in Orakpo. Orakpo/Bowman duo is scary and likely the best in the NFL. They had no talent at outside linebacker until this past week. Ahmad Brooks would start for them right away. Titans don't have much talent at RB. Bowman, Brooks and Hunter would help re-start the Titans quest for success and Bowman and Brooks will likely be day 1 starters and Titans could potentially have the best LB corps in the league while still having a 1st round pick this year.

Here we go...

1st (via Titans #2 overall) - Leonard Williams (USC) DT - Jim Tomsula is a trenches guy and he and Baalke decide to put all of their eggs in one basket with the ultimate building block. Leonard Williams is a freak and a franchise changer. He's just stronger than EVERYONE and he's only 20 years old. Seattle's O-line is on the decline, where our D-Line will be on the rise. Leonard Williams will get to Russell Wilson, Nick Foles and Carson Palmer on the regular. Everyone knows Leonard Williams is a future All-Pro player.

2nd (via Tennesse #39 overall) - Stephone Anthony (Clemson) ILB - Great athlete, three-down ability, great insticts, alpha mentality and can guard big players due to his 6'3 size. Year 1 starter ability. I love his potential to be the future captain and mic of the 49ers defense.

2nd round - Benardrick McKinney (Mississippi State) ILB - He's a 6'4 monster and has a hunter's mentality. Year 1 starter ability. Three-down ability. McKinney and Anthony would make a monstrous inside linebackers duo with the freaks Aldon Smith and Aaron Lynch on the outside. That's 6'4, 6'4, 6'3, and 6'6 all swimming like sharks in the middle of the field. Huge potential there with that big athletic unit.

3rd round - Arie Kouandjio (Alabama) OG - Great Size, 6'5, 310 pounds, with potential to start in year 1.

4th round - Henry Anderson (Stanford) DL - 6'6, 287 pounds, he's versatile and can play in the 3-4 defense. Solid depth for Tank, Quinton and Leonard.

5th round - Karlos Williams (Florida State University) RB - explosive, can contribute right away as a special teams player.

6th round - Taiwan Jones (Michigan State) ILB - Another tall inside linebacker. His floor isn't as great as Anthony or McKinney's, but he's got an equal or even higher ceiling with his arm length.

7th round - Mario Alford (West Virginia) WR - "Alford can be a potential late-round gamebreaker for any team — he doesn't need much room to take it to the house. Listed at 5'8 180 lbs, Alford is small in size but his speed is something special. At the West Virginia pro day Alford reportedly ran a 4.28 and when you watch him on tape you can see that speed unfold in front of your very eyes.

He also isn't just a gimmick player, Alford is a legit receiver. At WVU he caught 65 passes to go along with 13 touchdowns alongside Kevin White. At his current draft stock, Alford could make a team very happy not only on offense but in the return game as well. He could be a serious threat in this league."

Unloading Bowman and Brooks contracts would leave us with some extra money to grab some savvy vets.
[ Edited by Kuya on Mar 17, 2015 at 4:03 PM ]
Substitute Paul Dawson for McKinney and a CB for Taiwan and I think this would be fantastic. But there's noway the Titans give up what you have them giving up for damaged goods in Bowman and Hunter and Brooks past his prime.
  • Kuya
  • Veteran
I was contemplating adding in future 3rd rounder, but the seemed a bit much.
Wow that is a blockbuster mock there
Great thing about this is that we'll be drafting in the top-5 next year too.
  • Kuya
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fortyninerglory:
Substitute Paul Dawson for McKinney and a CB for Taiwan and I think this would be fantastic. But there's noway the Titans give up what you have them giving up for damaged goods in Bowman and Hunter and Brooks past his prime.

I was thinking hard about a CB, but I didn't like any of the projected ones in the 6th/7th. I rather have Taiwan's potential and size.

I was thinking we just signed Wright and Cook and we have the 3 rookie CBs we drafted last year.
Originally posted by strickac:

Wanted to hate the mock with the crazy trade. But I really like everyone of the first 5 picks.

• Kuya
  • Veteran
Originally posted by strickac:

Then the #1 WR or QB will be ours for the taking
I think I'll stick with Bowman and company lol.
But points for creativity

Well....you got one thing right...it's crazy! LOL Seriously, the Titans would never go for it and Baalke would never trade away even more vets. Not with all those who've left already. As for your draft:

I totally get Leonard Williams...

And Stephone Anthony...

Given Tomsula has Brandon Thomas (don't forget he was Clemson's starting LT, so LG should be well within his wheelhouse), M. Martin and Looney. What you didn't forecast was an OT. I get they just signed Pears, who's a bigger version of Adam Snyder in that he's played every OL position except C, but I'm talking about a young guy who can play OT if/when Staley or AD go down. They can't count on using Boone as the swing OT because he may not be with the team next year. That's the full version of why I don't think drafting an OG's the way to go now.

I know you're basing all the ILB's on Bowman being gone, but there's no way Baalke drafts that many and probably wouldn't even be able to get all of 'em, anyway.

I don't see DE Anderson still being on the board in rd 4.

Not big on Karlos Williams...there are many better RB's, but Baalke would have to pull the trigger much earlier than rd 5., which I believe he will.

I don't get the 3rd ILB or the 7th rd little WR. With Boldin in his contract year, I'd think Baalke would seek a bigger WR, especially since he signed speedy Jerome Simpson and Torrey Smith.

So Bowman, Brooks, and Hunter

2015 1st, 2016 3rd and 4th

for

2 picks in 2015 and 2 in 2016

results a net of 1 extra pick

[ Edited by sincalfaithful on Mar 17, 2015 at 6:30 PM ]
We would not even get their 1st round pick for Bowman and our first. Hunter and Brooks are pretty much worthless and our 2016 3rd and 4th round picks aren't going to net us a pick at the top of the 2nd round this year.

It seems like you're ditching Bowman to help us rebuild. I'm not sure why the Titans would want him given they are far from being competitive. A guy like Williams who could be a force on their defensive line for a decade would be way more attractive than a linebacker making $9 million per year coming off a torn ACL and MCL. Williams just isn't realistic without giving up a lot of picks this year and next year, but we may be able to draft a replacement for Cowboy next year with a top 5 pick.
Hey man - that was a lot of fun,

AND after this week [yikes - it's not over] I needed some escapism.

Thanks and if it ever did happen it'd be one for the ages.
if bowman can return to 2013 bowman, trading him would be crazy!!!!
Share 49ersWebzone