LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 309 users in the forums

the inside linebacker mock draft

• xcfan
  • Veteran
1: not a player worthy of #15

2: stephone anthony, clemson. high-level athleticism helps out average instincts. starter quality.

3: davis tull, ut chattanooga. he moves like brandon spikes, but is much faster and more athletic. physically, he fits the profile. an high-upside project.

4: ben heeney, kansas. chris borland-like

5: kyle emanuel, nd st. ilb body and instincts. worthy project.

6: mike hull, penn st. try-hard, aggressive, poor-mans bowman. may be ideal, back-up & special team guy.

7: dj lynch, bowling green. super aggressive competitive player. built like fire hydrant. loves downhill striking. pretty quick in a limited area.
  • Kuya
  • Veteran
I think we need to draft 2 this year for sure.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
are we talking bout finding a Diamonds in the Rough type of player in the later rounds??

here are my list of them (4th thru 7th rounds)

1) AJ JOHNSON - MLB - Tennessee
2) BRYCE HAGER - ILB - Baylor
3) TAIWAN JONES - ILB - Mich State
4) CURTINS GRANT - ILB - OHIO STATE
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Tull, heeney, and emanuel--watch for these guys on the second and third days. They are going to produce down the road.
I want us to draft Ben Heeney
If the Niners get Anthony in the second and Tull or T. Jones in the 5th, I would feel good about the draft and the ILB position as a whole.
Originally posted by 9moon:
are we talking bout finding a Diamonds in the Rough type of player in the later rounds??

here are my list of them (4th thru 7th rounds)

1) AJ JOHNSON - MLB - Tennessee
2) BRYCE HAGER - ILB - Baylor
3) TAIWAN JONES - ILB - Mich State
4) CURTINS GRANT - ILB - OHIO STATE

AJ Johnson, the one facing the aggravated rape charge? No thanks.
  • crew
  • Veteran
This is a really poor ILB class, None of these backers in the 2nd Rd could even come close to the intangilbles of Willis. Best to sign Briggs to split time with Whiloite. and draft an ILB in 4th/5th rounds like Jones from Mich. State , Ryan from Mich. or Tull from Tenn/Chattanooga to learn the ropes as the season progresses.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
My list:

1. Denzel Perryman - poor mans Patrick Willis

2. Paul Dawson - good instincts, plays fast, decent in coverage

3. Stephone Anthony - solid run defender, good athlete

4. Damien Wilson - good blitzer and wrap up tackler, underrated player IMO

5. Eric Kendricks - playmaker....nuff said

6. Bryce Hager - stout run defender, Chris Borland type player

7. Hayes Pullard - solid all around player, not exciting but gets the job done

If I had to choose, Paul Dawson would be my first choice followed by Denzel Perryman, Eric Kendricks then Stephone Anthony. With the 46th pick I would take Paul Dawson.
Originally posted by crew:
This is a really poor ILB class, None of these backers in the 2nd Rd could even come close to the intangilbles of Willis. Best to sign Briggs to split time with Whiloite. and draft an ILB in 4th/5th rounds like Jones from Mich. State , Ryan from Mich. or Tull from Tenn/Chattanooga to learn the ropes as the season progresses.

This! I don't see Baalke reaching for need, grab a vet Briggs and look for some value in the 4th round.

Share 49ersWebzone