LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 247 users in the forums

The 2016 draft pick will be higher than this years #15 overall?

The 2016 draft pick will be higher than this years #15 overall?

this thread LMFAO
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We are on pace to pick higher next year than this year. I hope there are some real good players in 2016. Because I think we will have a top pick.

What pace is that? A game has yet to be played.
Next year could be a great pick indeed. It could be top 5. Maybe top 3. Possibly the #1 pick.

You can honestly say with a strait face that SF is worse then the following teams:

Bucs
Titans
Jags
Browns
Redskins
Bills
Jets etc....

We have had a awful off-season I will agree, but we've lost for the most part a ton of old vets and Borland. I don't see the playoffs in the future but picking #1 next year, I doubt it.
To his defense, this thread is no more ridiculous than any of the - we will be fine, dont panic, stay loyal threads. I believe he is using this satire to make a point. lol

I want to see how the draft goes for us and our rivals. I think come August we will have a good feel. My fear is if we start off slow or bad its just going to snowball for sure.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by slowriot:
Next year could be a great pick indeed. It could be top 5. Maybe top 3. Possibly the #1 pick.

Oh please

I'm serious I think it could be that high......

Of course you think that.

Will you finally answer my question about why youre a fan of the 49ers? All you do is complain about them. You seem to derive no joy from this team, so why bother?

That's a great question. Inquiring minds woul like to know
Originally posted by fan49:
You guys have no faith. you have Givin ip on the season before it started. Lmao

What faith should you have after this offseason? Bleacher report calls it the worst offseason in NFL history. Being realistic doesn't mean you don't like your team.

I will never get this "faith" argument. People are somehow a better fan if they believe no matter what the Yorks do and no matter how much the screw up the franchise? How so? Why does that make you better? To pretend things are ok rather than look at reality. That makes people better somehow? Why? How so? That makes absolutely no sense. I love this team and just wish it was better run than this rediculous front office and ownership. It's not absurd to criticize and question a lot of the moves they have made. Yes btw I still like this team. I just see reality and the terrible destruction they have brought. I don't like that and criticize that but still like the team. The ownership is pure garbage though IMO and it's a long uphill climb with them. It's not rediculous to say that and I'm tired of being called less of fan because I said it. I'm just as much of a fan if not more so than anybody. The Yorks don't get a free pass on any and every kind of destruction they wish to do to the team.

Lost me at Bleacher Report. Not surprising San Diego started this thread.
Originally posted by Imfasterthanur:
Originally posted by Niners99:

Oh please

Of course you think that.

Will you finally answer my question about why youre a fan of the 49ers? All you do is complain about them. You seem to derive no joy from this team, so why bother?

That's a great question. Inquiring minds woul like to know

SanDiego49er loves threads like this. Haha.
Originally posted by Izyniner:
What about the great ride that the Yorks just took you on? Championship games, Superbowl, New stadium. They make changes and now you want to throw them under the bus. Wheres the credit for the great ride they took you and everyone else on? Not many other owners can boast that and its not ridiculous to question your fandom when you fit the bill of a fortywhiner.

The ride that lead to the mega-million dollar stadium being built? And all that extra money flowing into the York's pockets from selling high priced PSL's, prices that a bad team would have never got. Is it a coincidence that the season after that happens, we go straight downhill? Why keep Harbaugh and staff, when they can be replaced for much CHEAPER? That is the YORK way!

Jed's recent comments about getting away from the "core strengths"? What he means is we actually coached up and developed some players, and made them more valuable. Which means it costs more money to keep them. Can't have that! The YORK way is middle of the pack. Not good enough to develop players that we have to pay to keep, but not bad enough to get those top (higher priced) draft picks. Oh and "winning with class"...and then signing Simpson, best known for slinging the crack rock that catching the rock? Liar!

There is the 49er's way. Then there is the YORK way. They are not the same thing. People have to remember that Jed IS his father's son, not his uncles. It is my dream, that one day the NFL will get a real commissioner again. One who believes in the integrity of the sport, and respects the history of the league. Then he can reinstate Eddie Debartlo, and he can buy HIS team back.
[ Edited by RDB4216 on Mar 19, 2015 at 10:18 AM ]
I don't think so...call me the eternal optimist or whatever, but I think this team will surprise many doubters. So many assume because Harbaugh left there'll be a downturn in coaching...I disagree. I saw Tomsula coach in NFL-E before he came to the Niners...and I can tell you this man can flat-out coach. He hired a very experienced coaching staff...different from Harbaugh's but different doesn't necessarily mean not as good as. Geep Chryst will be a breath of fresh air as the new OC...Roman was far too predictable and Harbaugh let him be so. Many don't think Mangini can be successful as the DC...he's an experienced coach and defense is his background. Yes, lots of players left...and plenty more have and will come in. I see upgrades at WR & LG. I know many love Iupati, but let's face it, he was a liability in pass protection. Brandon Thomas has an opportunity to make fans forget Big Mike...and I think he will. AD's healthy again...Kilgore should be, too. The OL had a shaky 2014, but I'd expect them to come back strong, because that's their history. Hyde will be fine as our #1 RB...and with Hunter and now Bush, Chryst will have a lot of options to open up the offense. I fully expect Baalke to draft a stout RB. Simpson and Torrey Smith give us two fast guys who can get deep and stretch the field...Kap's never had that as a Niner. With Boldin in the last year of his contract, Baalke will likely draft a WR. Vernon also had a miserable 2014...and he's in his contract season. I'd expect him to have a much better season in 2015.

Losing Willis and Borland will hurt...but Patrick wasn't himself the last season & a half or so. Borland's retirement arguably has more significance because of that. I know Bowman's coming off a serious injury...but they've been very careful with him to make sure he's 100% recovered. He and Wilhoite should make a solid duo...and ILB's another position Baalke will draft. My money's on Stephone Anthony, who does many things well. Signing Dockett was huge...not only because he could be the veteran bridge if Justin Smith retires. He also looks like he's taking Aldon under his wing, which is a good thing. Carradine will need to solidify himself as the other DE starter...I see no reason he can't do that. Keeping the DL strong is critical...so Baalke will draft at least one stud. In the secondary, there's a good deal of young talent...much of it unproven, but once again, they'll have an opportunity to show what they've got.

I get there are a number of "ifs"...but Baalke's stockpiled a lot of talent in recent years...and now's their time to shine. Some will, some won't, but this team has a lot of resiliency and Tomsula will be a pleasant surprise to many of you, as will his coaching staff. Sorry, but I just don't buy all the doomsday mentality...time will tell if I'm right or they are.

This year vs. last year, the positives outweigh the negatives.

Of the players, the only negative is we lost a backup ILB in Borland. Willis didn't play much last year. If J. Smith retires, that's another negative. Dockett replaces Ray McDonald. Dorsey and Williams and Bowman return who didn't play last year. Positives.

On offense, Hyde would have taken many of Gore's snaps regardless. Hunter returns and with R. Bush, increases RB pass catching and lessens if not exceeds Gore's potential yardage difference. T. Smith is an improvement over Crabtree. Simpson replaces B. Lloyd. Draft pick(s) must replace S. Johnson. Thomas replaces (9-sack?) Iupati. Anthony Davis was hurt much of the year; his replacement was subpar. Boone held out and played poorly the first half.

Of the coaches, the Niners lost on defense with Tomsula from the DL, DC Fangio and the secondary coach. I agree with York that Harbaugh and Roman made the offense schizophrenic. Too many misfit pieces. For instance, two-back offense and slow receivers in a passing league; option quarterback with FB on the field. Mangini coaching the TEs. Disastrous. Addition by subtraction. In terms of positives, defensive coach loss equals offensive coach loss.
Originally posted by Lutch57:
We are on pace to pick higher next year than this year. I hope there are some real good players in 2016. Because I think we will have a top pick.

What pace is that? A game has yet to be played.

What faith should you have after this offseason? Bleacher report calls it the worst offseason in NFL history. Being realistic doesn't mean you don't like your team.

I will never get this "faith" argument. People are somehow a better fan if they believe no matter what the Yorks do and no matter how much the screw up the franchise? How so? Why does that make you better? To pretend things are ok rather than look at reality. That makes people better somehow? Why? How so? That makes absolutely no sense. I love this team and just wish it was better run than this rediculous front office and ownership. It's not absurd to criticize and question a lot of the moves they have made. Yes btw I still like this team. I just see reality and the terrible destruction they have brought. I don't like that and criticize that but still like the team. The ownership is pure garbage though IMO and it's a long uphill climb with them. It's not rediculous to say that and I'm tired of being called less of fan because I said it. I'm just as much of a fan if not more so than anybody. The Yorks don't get a free pass on any and every kind of destruction they wish to do to the team.

Oh well if Bleacher report says it then maybe we should just say we'll take #1 overall and forfeit the season so guys don't get hurt in the process? Fire the coaching staff now and give Jack Harbaugh the job.

Lots of unknowns about this team right now. Threads like this are pointless. Let's at least see how we look after training camp is over.
I am not going to try and make a case for this being a Superbowl team, but thinking they are a potential last place team is ridiculous. There is still a ton of talent on this team and I still can't imagine them not being to get at least back to .500 again.

Personally, I actually think they are still a playoff team but this isn't the place to fight that argument and I know I will just get beat up anyways.

Oh please

Wanna bet?
Share 49ersWebzone