There are 235 users in the forums

The 2016 draft pick will be higher than this years #15 overall?

The 2016 draft pick will be higher than this years #15 overall?

Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
We will see if Ron Jeremy does as well. He needs 3 NFC Championships and 1 Super Bowl RIGHT AWAY! No excuses! We should not have to wait. He has to equal or better that IMMEDIATELY or he is a TOTAL failure. That's the standard.

it's difficult to weigh in because everything you say sounds like you're trolling. Risking that.. I'l weigh in to point out the obvious flaw in your logic.

Under Harbaugh's watch, this team has gone from arguably tied for the best in the division, to fighting the Rams for second to last. His most recent season was 8-8..so that is the current bar. I'd also say if they can figure out how to get plays in on time without incurring delay penalties, if they can improve from being one of the worst in the league for penalties, and if they can figure out how to field an offense that isn't embarrassing (defenses knowing which plays we are going to call, not knowing how to use offensive players effectively), that would be marked improvement.

Oh..my bad. Lemme guess. All those things have to be the GM's or owner's fault. But you're right dude. An article said they're gonna be horrible. So the thing you've been predicting every post for the last several years may come to fruition.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Originally posted by fan49:
You guys have no faith. you have Givin ip on the season before it started. Lmao

What faith should you have after this offseason? Bleacher report calls it the worst offseason in NFL history. Being realistic doesn't mean you don't like your team.

I will never get this "faith" argument. People are somehow a better fan if they believe no matter what the Yorks do and no matter how much the screw up the franchise? How so? Why does that make you better? To pretend things are ok rather than look at reality. That makes people better somehow? Why? How so? That makes absolutely no sense. I love this team and just wish it was better run than this rediculous front office and ownership. It's not absurd to criticize and question a lot of the moves they have made. Yes btw I still like this team. I just see reality and the terrible destruction they have brought. I don't like that and criticize that but still like the team. The ownership is pure garbage though IMO and it's a long uphill climb with them. It's not rediculous to say that and I'm tired of being called less of fan because I said it. I'm just as much of a fan if not more so than anybody. The Yorks don't get a free pass on any and every kind of destruction they wish to do to the team.

The one guy who wrote an article asking the question if it has been the worst offseason ever should not influence your opinion or view on the team at all. He also said some purely idiotic b******t like Reggie Bush is 800 years old and caught passes from Y.A. Tittle. Kawakami and the Cohns even make this guy like the biggest idiot ever.

I think bleacher report is kind of junk as well. But I can't think of a worse off season by a team of the top of my head. I do think we have enough talent to compete.
Originally posted by slowriot:
Next year could be a great pick indeed. It could be top 5. Maybe top 3. Possibly the #1 pick.

Oh please

I'm serious I think it could be that high......

We've had one of the deepest teams in the league. It's not a complete s**thole
Light this thread on fire please.

Or....

The initial premise of the poll is fair enough, but to quote some idiot on bleacher report, like he is the world's leading expert is embarrassing.

Like much of football, it comes down to the trenches. If we can field a settled o-line our offense will do better. (The 3 years we made title game had very settled o-line, whereas last year was a disaster due to injuries.) There are more questions around the d-line, if Smith doesn't return, but like the o-line we have options.

It is fair to have doubts but the bleacher article is the type of thing written by someone that thinks we had a starting 22 and nothing else. (And there seems to be a lot of people on here like that too.)
Next year could be a great pick indeed. It could be top 5. Maybe top 3. Possibly the #1 pick.

Oh please

Really?

Jags
Bucs
Titans
Browns
Skins
Jets
Vikings
Raiders

That's just off the top of my head. No way we pick 1st in 2016 (despite the unexpected and dramatic offseason turnover)
[ Edited by slowriot on Mar 19, 2015 at 1:55 AM ]
I go into every year thinking the best. There are still good players and a decent draft will go a long way in keeping us competitive.

Oh please

Of course you think that.

Will you finally answer my question about why youre a fan of the 49ers? All you do is complain about them. You seem to derive no joy from this team, so why bother?
  • buck
  • Veteran
It is possible, but only if the 49ers trade up in the first round.

Our first, our third, and our fourth next year might be enough for us to move up into the top 14.
I would not trade up if we would have to give up our second round pick.

[ Edited by buck on Mar 19, 2015 at 4:55 AM ]
Originally posted by btthepunk:

What faith should you have after this offseason? Bleacher report calls it the worst offseason in NFL history. Being realistic doesn't mean you don't like your team.

I will never get this "faith" argument. People are somehow a better fan if they believe no matter what the Yorks do and no matter how much the screw up the franchise? How so? Why does that make you better? To pretend things are ok rather than look at reality. That makes people better somehow? Why? How so? That makes absolutely no sense. I love this team and just wish it was better run than this rediculous front office and ownership. It's not absurd to criticize and question a lot of the moves they have made. Yes btw I still like this team. I just see reality and the terrible destruction they have brought. I don't like that and criticize that but still like the team. The ownership is pure garbage though IMO and it's a long uphill climb with them. It's not rediculous to say that and I'm tired of being called less of fan because I said it. I'm just as much of a fan if not more so than anybody. The Yorks don't get a free pass on any and every kind of destruction they wish to do to the team.

The one guy who wrote an article asking the question if it has been the worst offseason ever should not influence your opinion or view on the team at all. He also said some purely idiotic b******t like Reggie Bush is 800 years old and caught passes from Y.A. Tittle. Kawakami and the Cohns even make this guy like the biggest idiot ever.

Sourcing Bleachers? That's convincing.

I still want to see what the team looks like when they actually take the field, then we can have this conversation.
  • rtj03
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Izyniner:

What about the great ride that the Yorks just took you on? Championship games, Superbowl, New stadium. They make changes and now you want to throw them under the bus. Wheres the credit for the great ride they took you and everyone else on? Not many other owners can boast that and its not ridiculous to question your fandom when you fit the bill of a fortywhiner.

All Harbaugh.

Dream on!

We will see if Ron Jeremy does as well. He needs 3 NFC Championships and 1 Super Bowl RIGHT AWAY! No excuses! We should not have to wait. He has to equal or better that IMMEDIATELY or he is a TOTAL failure. That's the standard.

O.K. and if he doesn't I am sure you will be the first to jerk him off the team!

All the foundation was laid by Nolan and Scotty M. Harbaugh was just the rt person to put it all together. We were missing that.
We are on pace to pick higher next year than this year. I hope there are some real good players in 2016. Because I think we will have a top pick.

On pace? The season hasn't even started. The 2015 draft is more than a month away.

Go away!!
I'm guessing around 10ish next year but not anywhere near the top 5.
WHat pick do we get for winning the super bowl?
Share 49ersWebzone