Free Agency
Torrey Smith, WR, Baltimore
Reggie Bush, RB, Detroit
Erik Pears, OT/OG, Buffalo
Shareece Wright, CB, Chargers
Darnell Dockett, DT/DE, Arizona
Jerome Simpson, WR, Minnesota
Jarryd Hayne, RB, Aussie Rugby

Baalke's offseason thus far has really fulfilled all our needs for this coming year and afforded us the ability to draft the best player available at each pick. Combining this BPA strategy with Baalke's stated desire to use the draft to prepare for one or two years down the line, this is what I came up with.

Draft
R1: (Trade down to 22. Pick up Pittsburg's #3) Dorial Green Beckham, WR, Oklahoma. Our WR of the future. White and Cooper won't be at 15. Parker has had foot issues (sound familiar). Strong posted a faster 40 than expected, but I still feel he will struggle to get separation in the NFL.
R2: Preston Smith - DT/DE, Mississippi State. Good interior pass rusher for our nickel defense.
R3: Duke Johnson - RB - Miami. Speedy playmaker, homerun threat.
R3: Byron Jones - CB,S, UConn. Good size and speed. Smart, great character, leader of the team. Showed up big time at the Senior Bowl and Combine.
R4 (Denver's pick, from 2014 draft day trade): Durell Eskridge, S, Syracuse. Good size and above average speed. Could be a poor man's Kam Chancellor, which will be beneficial as we now have to face Jimmy Graham twice a year.
R4 (Comp pick): Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M. Baalke special.
R5: Wes Saxton - TE - South Alabama. Shout out to Phoenix on this one. 6-4, 235. 4.5 speed.
R6: Brandon Bridge, QB, South Alabama. He's a poor man's Kap. He's got a lot to learn. But with his skillset, he should be able run the offense that our new coaches want to run.
R7 (Comp pick): Reshard Cliett, LB, South Florida. Very athletic linebacker. Can play inside and out.

Projected Depth Chart (Would still need to cut down to 53)
QB: Kaepernick/Gabbert/Bridge
RB: Hyde/Bush/Hunter/Hayne/Johnson
FB: Miller/Millard
WR: Boldin/Patton
WR: Smith/Ellington/Simpson/DGB
TE: Davis/McDonald/Carrier/Celek/Saxton
LT: Staley/Pears
LG: Thomas/
C: Kilgore/M. Martin
RG: Boone/Looney
RT: Davis/J. Martin
LE: Dockett/Jerod-Eddie
DT: Williams/Dial/Ramsey/Smith
RE: Dorsey/Carradine
OLB: A. Smith/Lemonier
ILB: Borland/Wilhoite/Cliett
ILB: Bowman/Moody
OLB: Lynch/Brooks
CB: Brock/Cook/Reaser
CB: Johnson/Wright/Acker/Jones
FS: Reid/Ward
SS: Bethea/Dahl/McCray/Eskridge
ST: Dawson, Lee, Nelson

IR: Cedric Ogbuehi, OT
[ Edited by YayArea on Mar 15, 2015 at 12:59 PM ]
Trade value chart anyone ????
Nice mock
Would probably only get a 3rd round from Pitt but still a Great draft yeah with a capital G. I'm not a big fan of Byran Jones he plays corner like he is a safety.
Really Like the Duke pick in the third if he's there...
This would be an awesome draft in my opinion. Don't know much about Preston Smith and am not wild about Byron Jones but I'm all aboard all the other picks. I don't think we get a 2nd rounder either from the trade of our 1st rounder. Probably a 3rd.
Good draft man!

Realistic - it could happen.

Big fan of the Duke!
You guys are right. The trade with Pitt wasn't valued correctly. It should have been a 3rd instead of a 2nd. It was late when I wrote this. I obviously wasn't thinking correctly. So I went back and edited the draft on the original post.
Would love if it went down like this! I dont think Cedric makes it to the 4th though. Overall nice
I would be really happy with this and love DGB, Jones, and Ogbuehi, but I don't think Jones and Ogbuehi will fall where you have them. Jones looks like he will go in the second round and I think Ogbuehi will be gone by our third round pick. No one in the class combines his length and athleticism. I think CBS is way too low on him ranking him 100 and you have him falling a full round later than that. Even if teams question whether he can play tackle, he looked good as a guard and has way more upside than some other players being projected earlier than that. 35 7/8" arms

I wouldn't be surprised to see both Jones and Ogbuehi taken in the 2nd round when all is said and done. Daniel Jeremiah ranked Ogbuehi 50th in his top 50 draft prospects and Mayock has him tied for 5th in his tackle ratings with DJ Humphries who is likely a first or early second round pick.

I likey
Byron Jones is movin' on up.
A lot of people like your Preston Smith pick, but I smell 'roids with that guy. in Div' 1 NCAA, I don't trust quantum-leap-like improvement from one year to the next unless it's freshman to sophomore.

I have no evidence to support this suspicion though.
Excellent draft but I don't know if we wait that long 4 picks to pick a cb.....even though Balke doesn't typically draft cb early, maybe this year he may again with a 2nd or first rounder
I love this draft! Good job!
Share 49ersWebzone