LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 305 users in the forums

FA impact on the draft

You can eliminate DL Danny Shelton from the Redskins at #5.

They just signed Pot Roast
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
I also mentioned before that I wouldnt mind giving Richardson another try.. maybe, he'll become a better runner here if our offense suites his running style..

I don't see us drafting a WR with the 15th pick... it just wont make any sense unless the top 3 WRs are there..

we took Simpson and Smith, we have the young guys in Patton and Ellington.. Boldin in his last year, really, i don't understand the move on Simpson over Johnson..
Originally posted by jacklegniner:
Originally posted by mayo49:
I think the Jets jump on Mariota at #6.
Agreed!

Winston to Tampa. then Tennessee goes Leonard. Jacks already has Bortles so they go D? Oakland goes Cooper or White since they haven't signed a big wr in FA (At first I thought Cooper, now I say White). Washington has a lot of needs... Scotty Mc is now the GM. Don't see him going Mariotta. I say they go D.

That would drop Mariota to the J-E-T-S, Jets! Jets! Jets!

The only hickup I see is a team trading up with Washington. I think the top 4 will want to keep their picks. Washington could trade out if someone wants to jump the Jets for Mariotta.

If I am Jacks and Leonard is off the board, I look to trade out of #3. They whiffed on a lot of free agents, and have major holes to fill basically everywhere on offense. RB, TE, WR, OL .. this team is a mess.
Originally posted by fan49:
We need to fix the trenches first. O lineman in the first! Wr can be found in the 4th. We also need an agile back probably in 2nd or 3rd. Give hyde a chance with a new beast on the line with Staley Thomas Davis and boone... I still don't like our center it's a weakness...

If i remember correctly, Daniel Kilgore was a top 3 center before he went down with injury. He broke his leg (right?) he should be coming back 100% this season.
Has to be a CB with the first or second pick, particularly since Jimmy Graham signed with Seattle. CUlliver is all but gone, we aren't signing Cox, maybe not even Parish, and Jimmy Ward is a slot corner at best. Ward and Brock are both coming offoff an injury.
FA impact on the draft.

If Baalke learned from last year, it's better to trade up then let your players get picked off the waiver wire. I think the biggest impact is who WE sign. If we sign:

1.) RB Reggie Bush, we don't need to draft a RB early, unless we do an injury special and draft Todd Gurley.

2.) OG Ben Spears, we don't draft another guard, but we may draft an injured OT, Cedric Ogbuehi, Corey Robinson

3.) CB Shareece Wright, we dont' draft another CB early, but can draft another injured CB later.

IMHO Biggest impact player (who has no equal in the draft) that is within reach of moving up, or who could drop is NT Danny Shelton.

He can collapse the pocket and command a double team and free up

1.) OLB's: Aldon Smith, Lynch and Brooks to wreak havoc on the QB.
2.) ILB's: Bowman and Borland to fly around the field and make tackles

Lots of CB's, RB's and WR's. Only 1 dominant NT.
Share 49ersWebzone