LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 224 users in the forums

Daragon's 2015 Mock Draft (March)

Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Not sure why Morse is becoming a default 4th round pick in mock drafts now. The guy doesn't seem like a great fit in a power running scheme. If we switch to zone blocking, maybe he's worth a look but I don't like his lack of length and power.

He benched 36 reps at the combine which was 2nd among everyone...I think he is plenty strong.
I think with the retirement of PWilly and Cowboy, along with cutting Stevie and Brooks, there's going to be a few more FA signings. I predict some sort of mid-level CB will be signed.
Thanks guys. I appreciate the input.
Originally posted by kentc1978:
I think with the retirement of PWilly and Cowboy, along with cutting Stevie and Brooks, there's going to be a few more FA signings. I predict some sort of mid-level CB will be signed.

I agree, but I don't really feel confident guessing any right now. Lol. I really have zero clue who the 49ers would target.
While this draft is very popular with the 49ers webzone, it is not going to go down this way.

1. You stated the Niners signed Torrey Smith and Jerome Simpson, two speed guys. The team also has boldin, the first round pick needs to see the field more often. While the team signed Dockett, they lost cowboy and Ray McDonald. The team also lost all pro Iupati. If the team drafts and OL or DL the chance of them seeing the field for more snaps is a lot higher than a WR (the 9ers have proven they cannot develop WRs)

Surprise pick- Peat, the OT from Stanford who can be bumped inside to Iupatis spot.

2. Their is no way they draft RB in round 2 two years in a row. You have Hyde as the starter, one can get a RB in rounds 4 down. This will be a versatile DL in this position.

3. No way no how. The team needs players, no way they sign a red shirt freshman in the third round.

4. Love the Stanford DT pick.

Love the Oregon State QB pick
Originally posted by 9erred:
While this draft is very popular with the 49ers webzone, it is not going to go down this way.

1. You stated the Niners signed Torrey Smith and Jerome Simpson, two speed guys. The team also has boldin, the first round pick needs to see the field more often. While the team signed Dockett, they lost cowboy and Ray McDonald. The team also lost all pro Iupati. If the team drafts and OL or DL the chance of them seeing the field for more snaps is a lot higher than a WR (the 9ers have proven they cannot develop WRs)

Surprise pick- Peat, the OT from Stanford who can be bumped inside to Iupatis spot.

2. Their is no way they draft RB in round 2 two years in a row. You have Hyde as the starter, one can get a RB in rounds 4 down. This will be a versatile DL in this position.

3. No way no how. The team needs players, no way they sign a red shirt freshman in the third round.

huh?

1. Parker would be the BPA if he is there at 15, if you think Simpson is going to get any playing time (unless injuries happen) your crazy. Boldin is signed for one more year and they have a bunch of 4th round development players beyond T Smith. If they can't develop WRs then they shouldn't draft them in the later rounds, take a more polished WR like Parker if he is there. (throw in that they released SJ)

They have 3 players currently would can take over Iupati's spot at LG.

2. They lost Gore and now have who at RB? Hyde, Hunter coming off of 2 major injuries and who? They run the ball and are one injury away from having nothing. Coleman, Ajayi, Johnson, would all be great picks in the 2nd.

I agree about Ifo in the 3rd and I like the Henderson pick in the forth, but hat the QB pick I would rather they got vet backup then touch anyone in this weak QB draft class.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 10, 2015 at 9:00 AM ]
Originally posted by NYniner85:

huh?

1. Parker would be the BPA if he is there at 15, if you think Simpson is going to get any playing time (unless injuries happen) your crazy. Boldin is signed for one more year and they have a bunch of 4th round development players beyond T Smith. If they can't develop WRs then they shouldn't draft them in the later rounds, take a more polished WR like Parker if he is there. (throw in that the released SJ)

2. They lost Gore and now have who at RB? Hyde, Hunter coming off of 2 major injuries and who? They run the ball and are one injury away from having nothing. Coleman, Ajayi, Johnson, would all be great picks in the 2nd.

I agree about Ifo in the 3rd and I like the Henderson pick in the forth, but hat the QB pick I would rather they got vet backup then touch anyone in this weak QB draft class.

NYniner gets my thought process. As far as the veteran QB, I did pick up Vick. I'm suspecting that Mannion will be a practice squad player. I took a gample on the Oregon CB because we do have a lot of young CBs on the roster who I believe can step up this year.
Originally posted by daragon:

huh?

1. Parker would be the BPA if he is there at 15, if you think Simpson is going to get any playing time (unless injuries happen) your crazy. Boldin is signed for one more year and they have a bunch of 4th round development players beyond T Smith. If they can't develop WRs then they shouldn't draft them in the later rounds, take a more polished WR like Parker if he is there. (throw in that the released SJ)

NYniner gets my thought process. As far as the veteran QB, I did pick up Vick. I'm suspecting that Mannion will be a practice squad player. I took a gample on the Oregon CB because we do have a lot of young CBs on the roster who I believe can step up this year.

I completely understand your thought process and happen to agree with it!!! I am simply stating that because we both agree with it does not mean it will happen. The sceanrio I proposed is what was discussed at length on NFL network. They feel the niners will go DL or OL early and RB round 4 on.
I completely understand your thought process and happen to agree with it!!! I am simply stating that because we both agree with it does not mean it will happen. The sceanrio I proposed is what was discussed at length on NFL network. They feel the niners will go DL or OL early and RB round 4 on.

Yeah those guys have shown they're always right on the NFL network

It's all about value and I don't see a DL prospect at 15 that is worth being picked and OL in my opinion isn't their top need. Thomas was regarded as a high 2nd round pick before his injury and has had a full year to recover. M Martin was starting at LG his freshman year at USC and was one of, if not the best centers in the draft last year. They have been there for a full year and should have a leg up over a rookie.

These mocks are based around what we'd like to happen not necessarily what baalke will do and face it no one has any clue what that guy will/is doing lol.
I really really REALLY hope this is how it works out!!!!

Definitely the best draft I've seen ....though I think we'd have to trade up for Parker

Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
I really really REALLY hope this is how it works out!!!!

Definitely the best draft I've seen ....though I think we'd have to trade up for Parker

Thanks dude.

It's all about value and I don't see a DL prospect at 15 that is worth being picked and OL in my opinion isn't their top need. Thomas was regarded as a high 2nd round pick before his injury and has had a full year to recover. M Martin was starting at LG his freshman year at USC and was one of, if not the best centers in the draft last year. They have been there for a full year and should have a leg up over a rookie.

These mocks are based around what we'd like to happen not necessarily what baalke will do and face it no one has any clue what that guy will/is doing lol.

This is the most honest statement made all year. If anyone thinks they know what is going on in Santa Clara they are wrong. If anyone saw Ward as the first pick last year they are lying. A gentle reminder of how important first round picks can be.

Ward, Aj Jenkins, Mike Rumph, Kwayne Harris, Rashaun Woods, Kentwan Balmer, Reggie McGrew, RW McQuarters, Jim Druckenmiller, Jj Stokes, Dana Hall, and Dexter Carter.
Share 49ersWebzone