LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 250 users in the forums

Possible replacements for Willis

• Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Denzel Perryman. Do it!!!

But wait!!! is Willis retiring or not??
You can't replace Willis. Borland seems to really have a chance to be something special, but he will never be Willis.
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
I'm suprised how many ppl on here are sleeping on Borland. He will be great. on Bowman and Willis' level great. But will bowman be the same? if we cut him. I hate baalke.

Let me ask you a straightforward question. Do you seriously, honestly believe Baalke would but Bowman unless it was quite obvious that he would never play again at any reasonable level?

Of course not.
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by 4everFaithful:
I'm suprised how many ppl on here are sleeping on Borland. He will be great. on Bowman and Willis' level great. But will bowman be the same? if we cut him. I hate baalke.

Let me ask you a straightforward question. Do you seriously, honestly believe Baalke would but Bowman unless it was quite obvious that he would never play again at any reasonable level?

Of course not.

Cut Bowman? seriously people where did that come from? We would lose money by cutting him this year lol. Like English said if baalke thought he couldn't come back then they would have done some serious restructuring.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 9, 2015 at 1:25 PM ]
My top ILB's in this draft:

1. Dawson
2. Anthony
3. Kendricks
4. Perryman

McKinney is probably going to move to the 43 OLB role or 43DE role. Teams are already speaking about that potential change, including the Cowboys. I think he is a bit stiff and lacks instincts to play effectively in the middle.

Look for the team to draft a mid round guy like Ben Heeney of Kansas or Bryce Hager of Baylor
Doesn't Kendricks want to model his game after willis?? That's destiny man. get him!
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Dont worry guys, once Moody learns to play the Strong Side position, and if we can land McKinney, our LB unit with Borland or Skov will be faster than the Brooks - Willis - Bowman combo ever was..
Originally posted by Quest4six:
Eric Kendricks IMO is the best 3-4 ILB in the draft

That would be a very solid pick.

Trained by Ulbrich and models his game after Willis, not that those alone make him great. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000474559/article/uclas-eric-kendricks-models-game-after-49ers-patrick-willis
Borland is no Willis we need a better LB. He's a liability in coverage. Kids got heart but we need a faster linebacker. . Smh smh monday. FOL... why! Why!
we cannot replace every starter with a high-round pick therefore i dont see us pick an ILB high, especially after a season where Wilhoite and Borland in particular showed that they can be solid replacements.

Originally posted by JustinNiner:
MLB will be far from out biggest need. We should explore MLBs in the later rounds tho

This is the correct answer of course.
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
My top ILB's in this draft:

1. Dawson
2. Anthony
3. Kendricks
4. Perryman

McKinney is probably going to move to the 43 OLB role or 43DE role. Teams are already speaking about that potential change, including the Cowboys. I think he is a bit stiff and lacks instincts to play effectively in the middle.

Look for the team to draft a mid round guy like Ben Heeney of Kansas or Bryce Hager of Baylor

Really like Anthony, would need to draft him in lower 2nd, early 3rd.
Dawson in the 2nd or Perryman in the 3rd.
The team has met with Taiwan Jones, Mich St, but he looks like a project to me.
Im wondering if Jake Ryan OLB from Michigan would make a better ILB in our system could be a mid round pick ....
Share 49ersWebzone