LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 262 users in the forums

Possible replacements for Willis

How about this guy I know of named Borland?
Originally posted by ltrain:
Originally posted by dompernick53:
CHRIS BORLAND, end thread.

RUMOR is Bowman is going to be cut as well. So, might as well keep this thread going.

Oh yeah lol...got a link for that one
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Bowman, Borland and Wilhoite as the top 3 with Moody, Skov and a rookie to battle it out for key backup roles. Done deal.

This... Skov got a good shot to make the 53 man roster for sure now.
Could brooks slide inside? Its his natural position and where he started his career.

Brooks is already a do it all kind of guy and a solid physical presence. I think he could make the switch.

I like Borland too but I think they each have different strengths.
There will never be another willis. He can't be replaced and quite frankly our ownership isn't trying to win they're trying to purge all the big money guys and completely rebuild. I've seen nothing like willis in the draft he's a once every 20 years player. f**k.
Lol just heard Tebow is trying to make a comeback and at this point why not! Pull the trigger baalke you f**kin pile of s**t! Hahahahaha this is crazy
Originally posted by beatintina49:
There will never be another willis. He can't be replaced and quite frankly our ownership isn't trying to win they're trying to purge all the big money guys and completely rebuild. I've seen nothing like willis in the draft he's a once every 20 years player. f**k.

The Willis you're talking about hasn't been in uniform since 2012. We've seen a shell of his former self the last few years and clearly even he felt he couldn't get back to his former abilities so you might want to dial back the "he can't be replaced" stuff just a bit. At this point, he's already been replaced...
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Bowman, Borland and Wilhoite as the top 3 with Moody, Skov and a rookie to battle it out for key backup roles. Done deal.

This!!!!
I'm suprised how many ppl on here are sleeping on Borland. He will be great. on Bowman and Willis' level great. But will bowman be the same? if we cut him. I hate baalke.
[ Edited by 4everFaithful on Mar 9, 2015 at 12:20 PM ]

What? Purge? Willis is retiring dude, how does that fall on ownership? Gore followed the cash instead of finishing out his career with a team that stood by him for years and paid him a lot of money.
Originally posted by dompernick53:
CHRIS BORLAND, end thread.

This
MLB will be far from out biggest need. We should explore MLBs in the later rounds tho
Originally posted by NYniner85:

What? Purge? Willis is retiring dude, how does that fall on ownership? Gore followed the cash instead of finishing out his career with a team that stood by him for years and paid him a lot of money.

This.
  • fan49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:
It's going to be Borland.

This! we don't need an early pick whatsoever for mlb. We have bo, bore land wilhoite and moody
Share 49ersWebzone