LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 142 users in the forums

Possible replacements for Willis

Who are the best 3-4 MLB available in the draft?

If Willis retires, I think MLB becomes our biggest need. For as good as Borland is, I DO NOT want him to be our starter. Sure he's a tackling machine, but once he get out in space he is a liability.
Benardrick McKinney seems pretty solid. 2nd rounder it sounds like http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/benardrick-mckinney?id=2552490
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
As I've said before, every Saturday morning until Saturday evening, I hear no other defender names aside Bud Dupree and Benardrick McKinney!!!

I'm all for McKinney NOW!!
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
It's going to be Borland.
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Benardrick McKinney seems pretty solid. 2nd rounder it sounds like http://www.nfl.com/draft/2015/profiles/benardrick-mckinney?id=2552490

I just mentioned McKinney earlier, too. Big linebacker and a very violent tackler. Versatile, too, and could rush from the edge
Did I miss something? What's wrong with Bowman/Borland? We need a backup, sure, but not a replacement. Those guys are on the roster already.
  • jimrat
  • Veteran
Perryman is my guy
Why would we draft a MLB in the high rounds? We have Borland and Wilhoite to go along with Bowman. So I don't get it.
Eric Kendricks IMO is the best 3-4 ILB in the draft
Borland end of thread....

Now who is replacing Borland that's the question??

• 9moon
  • Veteran
It would be a wise move to draft an ILB because we have no idea how Bowman is going to be..

and as good as Borland was last year, it's only a matter of time before opposing teams figure out his weaknesses and his limited athletecism..
Bowman, Borland and Wilhoite as the top 3 with Moody, Skov and a rookie to battle it out for key backup roles. Done deal.
CHRIS BORLAND, end thread.
[ Edited by dompernick53 on Mar 9, 2015 at 11:25 AM ]
Originally posted by dompernick53:
CHRIS BORLAND, end thread.

RUMOR is Bowman is going to be cut as well. So, might as well keep this thread going.
Originally posted by 9moon:
It would be a wise move to draft an ILB because we have no idea how Bowman is going to be..

and as good as Borland was last year, it's only a matter of time before opposing teams figure out his weaknesses and his limited athletecism..

Or we can keep Wilhoite...grab some depth later in the draft.
Share 49ersWebzone