LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 320 users in the forums

Is it something im missing??

Why not draft a good rb? I guess that's how they see it. But yeah if gore comes back which he f**kin better get signed another year, hyde is good and we'll see about Kendall, we should have the deep backfield we thought we had last year. Oh and we got 2 beastly full backs
I dont understand why ppl think we need to draft another RB with a high pick ... Everyone knows or should know RBs can be found in late round h*ll RB is 1 of tha easiest positions to learn when goin frm collage ball to tha NFL ... We have bigger needs like a ageing D-line that needs help and it needs a injection of real talent not late round or UDFA that do a ok job when put in ... Our O-line could use alil help TE is in need of help after V.Davis disappeared last yr ...
RB is last IMO after spending so many early round picks on them tha last 3+ yrz
I am hoping we draft rb in rounds 3-7 because of the depth at the position this year, but if Gurley falls to us in the second, I wouldn't mind taking him there.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Originally posted by DeHubb:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
The Super Bowl champions Patriots had a RB by committee approach and if course to win that championship they beat a team with a "workhorse" back.

You asked. ????

That didnt work out at all... they had 3 different starters this season lol.... plus you can thank Edleman & Gronk for that offensive success superbowl night..

Not sure I'm following your logic. The reason they went to a RB by committee was because of injury to their top RB. Which is the fundamental flaw of just having one big-time option at that position. Imagine how beatable Seattle would be if their main workhorse went down.

Btw, if you win the Super Bowl, by default, your decisions/approach "worked out" unless you're using some other NFL metric or bar of success that I'm not aware of.

seattles backups are no slouches and while it make look a bit different, their running game would still likely be a top rated unit imo.
They have drafted a RB every year baalke has been the GM. As we saw last year injuries happen and if we want to remain a power running team we need RBs.
Hyde allows the team more flexibility than Gore. Hyde doesn't need the lead FB and complements Kap's option abilities. What Hyde doesn't have is breakaway speed. Drafting a top flight, breakaway threat RB like Coleman would be fantastic IMO. The offense is coming off a fundamentally awful season. I think the offense is the priority, especially with last season debacle and a defensive head coach. Depending on what else happens in free agency, getting a true #1 WR and an elite RB is vital.
  • crew
  • Veteran
As far as having some hop, good blocker, and a receiver out of the backfield, Ajayi in the 2nd Rd or Langford in the 3rd Rd would be excellent complements to Hyde.
Share 49ersWebzone