There are 171 users in the forums

NYniner85 mock draft 2.0 with trades

Originally posted by English:
One question: Gabbert has gone, in your scenario. Do you not think this leaves us a trifle thin at QB?

My bad forgot to add Johnson as resigning...I'd expect they would kick the tires on Locker or Hoyer...
Love it
Originally posted by Ottawa49er:
I love this mock, and really want Byron Jones to be a 49er, but I doubt he is still there at the 69th pick.
Like I said I used the cbs draft board and they had him there, just going off of their board great combine, but there was a reason he was projected as a 5th rounder before hand.

Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Love this mock. I'm a little worried about Dupree and Jones falling where you have them as well and wouldn't mind taking him where you have Ajayi going in the 2nd. I'm a big fan of trading up for White/Cooper or trading back for Strong/DGB/Dupree/Carl Davis at ~25 if Parker, Waynes, and Shelton aren't there at 15.

Yeah DGB was actually sitting there at 25 on the board, but I went pass rush.

I'm all about moving up and I think it more quality of quaintly at this point. Baalke drafted 23 players in the past two drafts so we have youth. I just think he will trade down if the top WRs arent in striking distance.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Mar 8, 2015 at 1:06 PM ]
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
Love it

This is the best Mock I've seen - IF we can't get a big receiver, I would be ecstatic with this draft, lol
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Well FA has begun, so this mock might not make any sense in a couple days lol. I wanted to have fun with it add and some trades

Sign:
  • Cox-Can play inside and out should be cheaper than Culliver.
  • Dockett-Love the signing. Cheap and helps with our rotation, gives SF flexibility in the draft.
  • Bryon Bell-Replace Martin as our swing tackle.
  • Simpson-Camp body only way I see him active is due to injuries
  • Cook-Should be back cheap
  • Johnson-cheap QB, but I'm sure they will find more QB depth in FA (Hoyer?)

Walk:
  • Gore-Maybe he stays because the market is flush with RB FAs
  • Crabtree-See ya! Never was a true #1 and will head to a pass happy team
  • Iupati-Will command too much cash, Thanks for the years!
  • Culliver-Should be our top priority in FA, sounds like he is gonna get paid
  • Gabbert-peace out lol
  • Lloyd-Old, time to get some fresh legs in there.
  • Skuta-He will get more cash elsewhere.

Restructure/Cut/Trade:
  • Willis-Gives us some more cap space
  • Kap-I beileve AB said we can take his salary and turn it into a singing bonus save $7 million
  • Smith-good restructure for both sides, shows me he has turned the corner and we both want a long-term deal.
  • SJ-Should take a pay cut maybe with some added incentives
  • Brooks-Post June 1st cut save $4 million, which we can apply to pay our rookies.
  • Wilhoite-Trade for a 5th to the Bears.
  • Martin-See ya later
  • Dahl-We can find a cheaper backup in the draft

*trades- We trade down in the 1st with Carolina (25th) We get their 2nd pick. We trade up in the 3rd with Washington (69th) they get our 3rd and 4th. Trade with Cleveland both our 5th rounders (134 Wilhoite trade /143) for their 4th (112)

I used CBSsports draft board http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings and write ups from CBS and NFL.com

First off everyone knows I think WR is our top priority and if one of the big 3 are close to us I won't mind a move up to grab one. If not then a trade down makes sense.

1: (25th) Trade- We trade with NC and can go BPA- Since we will be losing Brooks and Skuta pass rush is a must especially in the NFC West- he will take over for Brooks/Skuta and can you never have enough pass rush! (plus SF isn't totally sold on Smith's future)

Alvin Dupree: DE/OLB 6-4 270

Freakish athlete with chiseled frame. Posted incredible 42-inch vertical leap and 4.56 40 at the combine while weighing 269 pounds. Outstanding power with ability to rag-doll tight ends at will. Should be an above average edge-setter. Good transition from playing run to rushing quarterback in play-action. Explosive closing burst. Willing thumper when he has a shot on running back. Can drop into space and play zone. Raw, but learning with huge growth potential as a player. Has strength at the point to be a physical edge-setter. Scouts give him plus grade for character. (NFL.com)

He played basketball and is a athlete, he might not be there at 25 but he is still raw and needs more coaching to get to the next level.

2nd (45): On to the offensive side of the ball.

Devin Smith WR 6-0 196

Has quick strides to pick up steam in a hurry vertically with strong cuts in his routes to create some separation vs. defenders. Has made a career out of getting behind the secondary for big plays, using his deep speed and also contributing on special teams coverages (CBSsports)

Perfect fit for Kap! Colin was 2nd in the league in deep ball accuracy his 1st two years as a starter (50.7%) This kid has game speed and would help spread the field. If we can't get one of the big WRs, he would be a great consolation prize. Boldin, SJ, Smith, Ellington and Patton sounds good to me

2nd (57th) Carlolina's pick-Stick with the offense and grab someone that is all about power running football.

Jay Ajayi RB 6-0 220

Runs low and close to the ground with balance and proper pad level to work off contact. Refuses to go down easy and uses every ounce of power to push forward. Improved vision to cut-and-go with quick eyes to read blocks and trust the play design. Good patience to allow the action to develop and doesn't run hesitant.
Athletic pass catcher to make errant throws look like routine catches with soft hands, collecting himself well after the grab to turn downfield. Experienced lining up out wide and running routes. Tough, hungry and competitive, attacking the teeth of defenses and popping up after big hits.
Understands situations and knows where the sticks are. High-effort player and carries himself with a chip on his shoulder, playing motivated to prove people wrong and preparing the same way. (Cbsports)

One of my favorite Rbs in the draft! He can play all 3 downs and runs hard and has a little Lynch in him. He does have fumble issues, but that can be coached and it's not due to little hands (10 inch) We would have a beast of a backfield for years

*3rd trade up with Washington (69th) we give up our 3rd and 4th.

3rd (69th). Let grab a athletic CB

Byron Jones CB 6-1 199

Extremely smart and instinctive on the field. Shows above-average anticipation of routes. Is able to sniff out rub routes and works to avoid them. Flashes recovery speed downfield and gets head around to find ball and make a play on it. Uses instincts and adequate closing burst to disrupt the catch. Generally reliable tackler. Team captain and leader on the field and in the locker room. Scouts say he's willing to play hurt and inspires his teammates.(NFL.com)

He killed the combine and moved up into the 3rd because of it...high character with great size. We will be set at CB for years!

4th Comp pick

4th- Now we can grab some OL help

Mitch Morse OG 6-5 305

Morse shows good patience, allowing the defender to get near him before showing a quick, powerful punch to latch and control opponents. He plays with his knees bent, helping him to absorb bull rushes and plays on his toes, allowing him to slide laterally to mirror. Morse is attentive and can handle switching off on twists and unexpected blitzes. As a run blocker, Morse is at his best turning and sealing defenders with his initial quickness or simply driving them off the ball with power (CBS sports)

I thought he had a very good combine, he played tough and is strong. He does have short arms and won't be anything more than a guard. If Cedric Ogbuehi is still there than he should be the pick.

*Trade we trade both our 5th round picks(bears 134th and our 143rd) with Cleveland's 112th pick.

4th 112th-Offense again

Dezim Lewis-WR 6-4 215

Good height and overall size. High points and uses his length. Good forward lean into routes and gets cornerbacks to open up before breaking routes off. Uses same route pace for verticals and stick routes. Long-armed hands-catcher who extends to snatch ball early and get upfield. Satisfactory speed and foot quickness for his size. Weak-armed quarterback forced him to learn to work back to the throw. Tracks the ball well over his shoulder. (NFL.com)

He has great size and was a standout at the SB Bowl week. He is very smooth for a big WR and might be a steal in the 4th.

6th (174th)-now we are looking for depth and ST

Adrian Amos 6-0 218 S

Athletic with good range. Fluid in space with easy backpedal and smooth hips. Has ability to turn, run and recover when ball is in the air. Good route recognition. Trustworthy in coverage and is rarely out of position. Can line up defense. Offered versatility in coverage. Played some slot corner in sub packages. Outstanding in zone coverage at Penn State. Can crowd receivers and closes throwing windows. Allowed just 3.9 yards per target in 2014. Has twitch to trigger and close on throws. (NFL.com)

Looks the part needs to be coached up on tackling..ST and provides competition

7th (221st)-

Louis Trinca-Pasat- 6-1 290 DT

Possesses a short, squatty frame with a low center of gravity that helps him win the leverage battle. Strong, active hands to rip free of blocks. Good lateral agility and balance to slip off blocks as backs attempt to run by, latching on to build his gaudy tackle totals. Surprisingly quick given his frame and can disrupt by splitting gaps. Terrific effort in pursuit.

Adds some beef on the DL

7th Comp

Bobby McCain CB 5-9 195

Quick-twitch athlete. Can sky to disrupt at the high point. Pivots, flips hips and accelerates from a standstill. Plus burst to ball. Outstanding instincts and anticipation in off-man and zone coverage. Can click and close to limit yards after catch or make plays on the ball. Plays with soft hands and grabbed 11 interceptions over last two seasons. Makes plays outside of his area. Feisty. Desires to help in run support and doesn't hold back. Fights through average blockers and gets to his target. Wrap-up tackler. Bright eyes on field. Digests combo routes and plays. Played outside and over slot. Was a capable kick returner.

Baalke likes to grab CBs late so why not!

SO there it is! Let me know your thoughts.....

Started to touch myself after the Jones pick. Love it!
Originally posted by HearstFan:
This is the best Mock I've seen - IF we can't get a big receiver, I would be ecstatic with this draft, lol

Originally posted by BadgerHawk:
Started to touch myself after the Jones pick. Love it!

Thanks
Solid mock
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Solid mock

Thanks
got no problem in going after pass-rushers at all. yet, with Lynch, Aldon, Lemonier and Chase Thomas on the roster whereas Brooks and Skuta, who can run-defend very good, are pending free agents, I'd rather pick an all-around OLB on day 2 or 3.
Though, I dont hate the pick

Originally posted by communist:
got no problem in going after pass-rushers at all. yet, with Lynch, Aldon, Lemonier and Chase Thomas on the roster whereas Brooks and Skuta, who can run-defend very good, are pending free agents, I'd rather pick an all-around OLB on day 2 or 3.
Though, I dont hate the pick

Thanks...like I said I went BPA at 25. Lemonier hasn't really shown any pass rush since being on the team and who knows what happens to Smith this year. I hope we extend him to a long-term deal, but we are one injury (DWI) away from becoming mediocre at OLB.
Like I said this mock will have to be revamped after FA
Share 49ersWebzone