There are 155 users in the forums

4/23 UPDATE:::Jeff's THIRD Mock Draft

I can't believe how much has changed since I posted my first mock on 3/6. I was still under the impression that we would keep Frank, Cox, Skuta, and Stevie. My whole draft strategy changed after free agency started and rookies began their pro days. Before I get started, let me just say that I know my first pick may not be popular with most

Mock #1:
1. DeVante Parker, WR
2. Alex Carter, CB
3. Tre Jackson, OG
4. Jeremy Langford, RB
4. Anthony Chickillo, OLB/DE
5. Ladarius Gunter, CB
6. Vince Mayle, WR
7. Cody Fajardo, QB

Mock #2 (3/20):
1. Todd Gurley, RB
2. Carl Davis, DT
3. Denzel Perryman, ILB
4. Ty Montgomery, WR
4. Jeremiah Poutasi, OG
5. Ladarius Gunter, CB
6. Andrew Donnal, OL
7. Cody Fajardo, QB
7. Jon Feliciano, OG

1. Dorial Green-Beckham, WR - Missouri/Oklahoma: As the draft nears, my fantasy of having Todd Gurley become a member of the San Francisco 49ers gets more and more bleak . With his positive interviews and recovery on schedule for him to be available by training camp, he could well be off the board by the time we pick. Which is why I moved on to the most polarizing prospect in this draft: DGB. It's been noted in articles that the 49ers did their homework on DGB, and although he has a lot of off the field baggage, he's been relatively out of the news for the wrong reasons since his transfer to Oklahoma. The towering WR gives us a legitimate weapon in the redzone and his offseason workout with Kap could really benefit him as a member of this team. Not to mention he'd get a great mentor on and off the field with Boldin and Smith.

2. Denzel Perryman, ILB - Miami: In my last mock, I had us taking Perryman in the 3rd, but it's looking more and more likely that all the top ILB prospects might be off the board by the 2nd round. After watching more breakdown videos, I've moved Stephone Anthony above Perryman because I saw a lot more technique in the footwork. Perryman is no slouch, though. Although he lacks in size, he brings a very violent element to the ILB position and his instincts are very good.

3. Henry Anderson, DE - Stanford: Henry Anderson's stock is a little tricky because some sites and analysts have him pegged as a 2nd rounder while others say he'll go in the 3rd. For my draft, he's available in the 3rd and we're sprinting to the podium with our selection card. Anderson's got terrific size, awareness, intelligence, and a non-stop motor. He'd be an excellent addition to our DL rotation and a future replacement for Justin Smith.

4. Jeremy Langford, RB - Michigan State: Although we do have Hyde/Bush/Hunter, you can't really rely on Bush/Hunter staying healthy for the whole year, plus, Baalke loves drafting running backs. Langford is one of my favorite players and taking him in the 4th is excellent value. Besides having good size and patience, he's an excellent pass blocker. Probably one of the best in this draft next to TJ Yeldon. He's also got a violent stiff arm and catches the ball very well out of the backfield.

4. Jeremiah Poutasi, OG - Utah: Experience playing LT at Utah but will move to guard in the NFL. He's got massive size and can be a mauler in our run-heavy offense. He's also got surprisingly quick feet when it comes to pass protection.

5. Damian Swann, CB - Georgia: Good size, strength, and decent speed. However, needs work on technique, footwork, and hand placement. Will most likely get his fair share of PI penalties his rookie year should he see the field.

6. CJ Uzomah, TE - Auburn: Raw. Potential. Just a couple words to describe this physical specimen. He fits the TE size, but wasn't very productive at Auburn. Could be the offensive scheme. Uzomah could fit the more traditional pro style offense, but he will need a lot of work on blocking.

7. Bryan Bennett, QB - Southeastern Louisiana: Project pick. Bennett started out in Oregon where he was beaten out for the starter spot by Mariota. Bennett isn't size isn't necessarily prototypical, but he's got talent, speed, and can make something out of nothing. He needs to work on his mechanics and accuracy. Reminds me of Manziel.

7. Jon Feliciano, OG - Miami: Really building the trenches here and Feliciano in the 7th, I feel, is great value. Looney hasn't set the world on fire and Boone may be gone after this season. Feliciano is big, came from more of a pro-style offense, and has only allowed 4 sacks in three years according to NFL.com. He's a decent pulling guard in the run game but has plenty to develop on as far as being a consistent blocker.

[ Edited by AsianJeff on Apr 23, 2015 at 8:15 AM ]
Very solid. not a single pick that looks poorly valued or undesirable.

I never looked at Chickillo as a potential rush LB... 43DE... 34DE... but now that you mention it, I can see the wisdom in it. The measurables... the 1.59 10-split... very cool.

Good job. Really solid picks Langford would be perfect for this team
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

I never looked at Chickillo as a potential rush LB... 43DE... 34DE... but now that you mention it, I can see the wisdom in it. The measurables... the 1.59 10-split... very cool.

I was thinking the same thing but when i saw him at the combine, he looked like a pretty good prospect to take a flier on. At best, since we do play a hybrid nickel often, he can at DE.

Originally posted by lamontb:

Thanks. I'm a fan of Langford's and it's a lot of hoping from me for him to be available for us in the 4th. I felt his performance at the combine really cemented him as a top-tier back, but he may be pushed to the 4th with all the other talent from DL to LBs
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I don't like it, where the heck is DGB!!!

Seriously very solid Mock, that definitely looks like a Baalke draft. But you're right though, Parker may very well be gone before the 15th pick, I'm gonna say the Bears to pair with Jeffery. And I would've taken Marcus Peters over Alex Carter if available of course.
Why isn't your 2nd 4th picks name in bold? That doesn't shout confidence like the others. Poor guy
This would be a very good draft.
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
love the draft.. almost as good as mine!! lol

:)

except, I woulda drafted NATE MONTANA over a kid name Fajardo..
Overall very solid. If I had to nitpick, I'd say we likely wouldn't draft 2 CBs (probably re-sign Cox and/or Cook to go with Brock, Ward, Johnson, Reaser and Acker). Other than not being a huge fan of Chickillo at OLB, there's nothing to really complain about here.
Nice mock, Jeff. No major reaches and values are all pretty much in line. Like the Fajardo pick at the end of the draft. The Niners need some back up plan for Kaep.

Good and possible mock
I like it.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9moon:
love the draft.. almost as good as mine!! lol

:)

except, I woulda drafted NATE MONTANA over a kid name Fajardo..

nick is in this draft, not nate.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
Parker doesnt win against press much as much as i like.
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
Originally posted by Mr.Mcgibblets:

I was thinking the same thing but when i saw him at the combine, he looked like a pretty good prospect to take a flier on. At best, since we do play a hybrid nickel often, he can at DE.

Originally posted by lamontb:

Thanks. I'm a fan of Langford's and it's a lot of hoping from me for him to be available for us in the 4th. I felt his performance at the combine really cemented him as a top-tier back, but he may be pushed to the 4th with all the other talent from DL to LBs

After Langford's performance at the combine, I see him moving up from mid 4th Rd to upper 4th / mid 3rd Rd. If Niners want him they'll either have to trade up in the 4th and or more likely would have to use their 3rd Rd pick on him. My fave RBs for Niners to draft either Ajayi in the 2nd or Langford in the 3rd.
Share 49ersWebzone