LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 123 users in the forums

Wide Receivers we should target and when, your wide receiver draft board

If Cooper or White makes it to 10-14, trade up.
If Parker is at 15, take him.
Strong in the 20-30 range
DGB after Strong has been picked.
Devin Smith in the 2nd
Funchess if Smith is gone
Originally posted by LZRD_WZRD:
Devin Smith in the 2nd

I'd go for Cooper/White at 8-9 if they are still there. I don't think there is any chance the Vikings pass on one of them at 11 and I don't think the Rams will trade us so we can pick one of them.
Originally posted by 4evrfan:
Glad to see Perriman in that top 10 list. Should have been at the combine. His film is pretty impressive and we could conceivably get him with a second. Like Conley too. DGB might be worth the risk if we room him with Justin Smith. LOL.

Perriman was at the combine, he was medically excluded from the workouts though.
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Devin Smith in the 2nd

I'd go for Cooper/White at 8-9 if they are still there. I don't think there is any chance the Vikings pass on one of them at 11 and I don't think the Rams will trade us so we can pick one of them.

Oh sure. It really comes down to what kind of trade we can get. I don't wanna do what Buffalo did last year and give up 2 first round picks to move up 5 spots
Oh sure. It really comes down to what kind of trade we can get. I don't wanna do what Buffalo did last year and give up 2 first round picks to move up 5 spots

I was thinking it would take our 1st and 2nd round picks in exchange for the 9th pick and maybe their 4th round pick. There's a difference between moving up to 4 and moving up to 9. For the 8th pick, we may get a 5th/6th round pick back. I would be fine with either of those trades because I really want to see White or Cooper on the 49ers and I think they're both top 5-6 prospects this draft (Jameis, Mariota, Williams, White, Cooper, Fowler in no particular order).
I think if Parker is there at 15 I say try and trade back with a receiver needy team like kc
Originally posted by Tslope90:
I think if Parker is there at 15 I say try and trade back with a receiver needy team like kc

We are a WR needy team.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
We are a WR needy team.

My point is to trade back a few spots and pick up extra picks from a team who values Parker waaay more than what his actual value is
Originally posted by slowriot:
Hahaha, this.

Finally someone shows Lockett. Excellent rout runner and pretty much catches everything thrown his way.

He shouldn't go in the 1st or 2nd, but would be a great choice in the 3rd.
My favorite late round WR is Deontay Greenberry. Bad QB play hurt him this year, and he'd have been wise to go back to Houston. But was a top WR coming out of High School.

His Soph year, had 82 catches, 1202 yards, and 11 TDs. Had 72 catches, for 841, and 6 TDs in a disappointing Jr year.

Was surprised to see him not invited to the combine. But has the physical tools to be a great WR. He's 6'3/200, good speed. Needs to work on blocking (it's not good) and has had some drops. But I think he's a guy that could be better in the NFL than in college.

Deontay Greenberry amazing touchdown reception:

Deontay Greenberry // Houston WR Career Highlights HD:

What round is this guy projected?

Originally posted by NTeply49:
What round is this guy projected?

Was considered a 2nd-3rd rounder to start the season. But now, he's more than likely a 4th-6th.
WR is a position of need. The thing with Baalke is he always picks someone who we never heard of to fill that need. Aldon Smith, Jimmy Ward, AJ Jenkins. Most of the time it works out but not when it comes to WR's. The top collegiate WR's for the most part are as advertised. We need to go big in the draft. White, Parker or Cooper. Then complement it with a Maclin or Torrey Smith signing.
  • SaksV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:

This is exactly what I was thinking...

Plan A) If either White or Cooper are there at #9, give the Giants a call for a trade up and pick one. It may take our #15 and #79. I'm leaning right now to White now that I've watched more film of him.

Plan B) If neither White nor Cooper are there #11, call the Browns...give em Ahmad Brooks + #15 for their #12 overall pick....take Parker.

Plan C) If neither White (OAK?), Cooper (NYJ?) or Parker (MIN) are available, trade with San Diego, our #15 for their #17 + #83....take DGB.
[ Edited by SaksV on Mar 3, 2015 at 7:48 PM ]
The problem with plan B is that the Browns need a WR even worse than we do. I don't think Brooks is worth enough to move from 15 to 12 (he's hardly worth anything even with his reduced contract) and I don't think the Browns will swap picks with us so we can take the player they want at 12.

If White or Cooper slip past 6, I think several teams are going to look to trade up before the Vikings and Browns pick (the Browns could try leapfrogging the Vikings too). We may need to trade for the 7th-8th pick so someone else doesn't jump in front of us. It's going to be expensive either way if we want one of them.
Originally posted by Tslope90:

We are a WR needy team.

Hahaha. This.
Share 49ersWebzone