LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 246 users in the forums

Wide Receivers we should target and when, your wide receiver draft board

First round: Obviously Kevin White is the top fit for our team with his size and speed. Amari Cooper reminds me of Jerry Rice with how fluid he is in routes, although he doesn't have the height we are looking for. Davante Parker is my other top choice I wouldn't mind us taking at 15. These are the only 3 I can see us moving up or staying put and getting. Amari Cooper might fall to us if someone likes Parker more. Now if we trade back and accumulate more picks, I wouldn't mind taking a chance on Dorial Green Beckham but only if we had another pick to gamble with. I don't like Strong in the first because he looked a little slow and didn't catch the ball well on the move in my opinion.

Second Round: I see Phillip Dorset as a TY Hilton type player and I think he could be valued in the second round but I'd prefer to get him in the 3d. Jalen Strong would be good in the second as well, and it might be worth taking a gamble on Coates here based on potential alone but I don't think he has good enough hands to catch Kaep's fastballs. He would be a better 3d round pick IMO. Chris Conely is a receiver that might be worth taking a swing on here, but again he is more of a 3d round value in my opinion. He has the best measurables in the draft though and his production was low due to a run first offense. I'm not a huge fan of any of the other receivers earlier than this though.

Third Round: In addition to those I named in the second that were borderline, I like Nelson Agholor and Devin Smith here. I haven't seen enough of the other receivers to make a good judgement.

Who do you guys think could be late round steals and how does your wide receiver draft board stack up?
Well we definitely need speed but also a redzone threat.

Would love someone who can get down the field and be able to leap tall buildings and that wall of text in op.
1:Kevin white
2: Amari Cooper
3:DGB
4:Jalen Strong
5:Breshad Perriman
6:Phillip Dorsett
7:Devante Parker
8:Nelson Agholar
9:Devin Funchess
10:Stefon Diggs

My top 10 Wrs im going to get grilled for having Parker that low but I see a really good college player who will be an ok NFL player nothing more. I also don't have Devin Smith on my top 10 because he's a 1 trick pony and every year there are guys that get drafted who are the same as him who never amount to anything and I believe that will be the case with him as well. Also don't have Sammi Coates on there as well because I be he's a better athlete that player and he wasn't even the best wr on his own team but I believe with a year or two of coaching he can become a second wr in the league.
Just my opinion from watching more than just highlights of players, also see a lot of people on the forum tag a player as a "great" player because of a fast 40 or a circus catch on a highlight reel.
My favorite late round WR is Deontay Greenberry. Bad QB play hurt him this year, and he'd have been wise to go back to Houston. But was a top WR coming out of High School.

His Soph year, had 82 catches, 1202 yards, and 11 TDs. Had 72 catches, for 841, and 6 TDs in a disappointing Jr year.

Was surprised to see him not invited to the combine. But has the physical tools to be a great WR. He's 6'3/200, good speed. Needs to work on blocking (it's not good) and has had some drops. But I think he's a guy that could be better in the NFL than in college.

Deontay Greenberry amazing touchdown reception:

Deontay Greenberry // Houston WR Career Highlights HD:

The georgia tech receiver Darren waller is a interested prospect 6'6 ....could be a hybrid te/wr
Originally posted by 15crabtree:
The georgia tech receiver Darren waller is a interested prospect 6'6 ....could be a hybrid te/wr

Would rather have his teammate DeAndre Smelter. 6'2/226, long arms, huge hands (11). And he tore his ACL so you know Baalke is paying attention.
[ Edited by Travisty13 on Mar 3, 2015 at 1:49 PM ]
Please make tha WR draft threads STOP !!!!!! How many more ways are u going to ask which WR u want us to draft ????
Originally posted by Tslope90:
1:Kevin white
2: Amari Cooper
3:DGB
4:Jalen Strong
5:Breshad Perriman
6:Phillip Dorsett
7:Devante Parker
8:Nelson Agholar
9:Devin Funchess
10:Stefon Diggs

My top 10 Wrs im going to get grilled for having Parker that low but I see a really good college player who will be an ok NFL player nothing more. I also don't have Devin Smith on my top 10 because he's a 1 trick pony and every year there are guys that get drafted who are the same as him who never amount to anything and I believe that will be the case with him as well. Also don't have Sammi Coates on there as well because I be he's a better athlete that player and he wasn't even the best wr on his own team but I believe with a year or two of coaching he can become a second wr in the league.
Just my opinion from watching more than just highlights of players, also see a lot of people on the forum tag a player as a "great" player because of a fast 40 or a circus catch on a highlight reel.

I`m with you on Parker,I`,m just not sold on Him @ 15 or @ any pick, but yeah I`m not a Fan of Parker.
In all seriousness I like Stefon Diggs on day 3.
Originally posted by Travisty13:
Originally posted by 15crabtree:

Would rather have his teammate DeAndre Smelter. 6'2/226, long ass, huge hands (11). And he tore his ACL so you know Baalke is paying attention.
yes!

Originally posted by jrouter4949:
I`m with you on Parker,I`,m just not sold on Him @ 15 or @ any pick, but yeah I`m not a Fan of Parker.

My man!!!
  • crew
  • Veteran
Not listing White or Cooper since they will be off the board by #15 or Parker, who could be there at Niners pick, but would rather have Strong or Perriman, even DGB in the 1st.

1st Rd - Strong, DGB, Perriman (late 1st, early 2nd)
2nd Rd - Dorsett, Agholar, Devin Smith
3rd/4th Rd - Conley, Lockett, Diggs, McBride
Originally posted by tatdwolf49:
Please make tha WR draft threads STOP !!!!!! How many more ways are u going to ask which WR u want us to draft ????

Hahaha, this.
Devin Smith is a guy who catches my attention only if we can get him in the 3rd or lower. I think he can be more than a one trick pony, but that's hard to tell. We have a WRs coach who I think can develop guys but only time will tell.
Glad to see Perriman in that top 10 list. Should have been at the combine. His film is pretty impressive and we could conceivably get him with a second. Like Conley too. DGB might be worth the risk if we room him with Justin Smith. LOL.
Share 49ersWebzone