LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

The 49ers trade there 1st and 2nd round picks to move up and get...

there is a 0% chance we trade #1 and #2 to move up. not happening.

I read somewhere about the 49ers trying to move up last year to grab Bechham Jr but the price was something like 1st, 2nd, 3rd and possibly something in this years draft.

So the article continued saying would you rather have Beckham OR 1. Ward 2. Hyde 3. Borland?

I think more solid players on a team outweights 1-2 stars (See Lions for this).

I like keeping the 15th pick and choosing the BPA at either OL, DL, CB, or WR. We should have someone fall to us that may even be the top rated at that position. (ex Guard or CB).
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
I'd love to move up for White or Cooper.
  • Andra
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:
there is a 0% chance we trade #1 and #2 to move up. not happening.

I read somewhere about the 49ers trying to move up last year to grab Bechham Jr but the price was something like 1st, 2nd, 3rd and possibly something in this years draft.

So the article continued saying would you rather have Beckham OR 1. Ward 2. Hyde 3. Borland?

I think more solid players on a team outweights 1-2 stars (See Lions for this).

I like keeping the 15th pick and choosing the BPA at either OL, DL, CB, or WR. We should have someone fall to us that may even be the top rated at that position. (ex Guard or CB).
I agree with this logic for the most part but I can see this year being the year where we buck the trend and go after a game changing star WR. No Crabs , Stevie Johnson , and only one more season for Boldin , this is the year to make an aggressive move.
Originally posted by Andra:
Originally posted by 9erred:
Amari Cooper is the best WR in the draft. He went through multiple OC's in college with different sytems and production never dropped off. The Niners need a true #1 WR and Cooper is that person. I would give up our 1st and 2nd in a heartbeat to get Cooper.

Stay positive, it is about getting playmakers. Remember when the Niners traded down when they could have got zach ertz in round 2?? They got McDonald as TE in the same round further down in round 2, so far McDonald has been a puzzle and Ertz is a blue chip NFL player.
I am more of a Kevin White fan but I do think this would be the year to move up and get a star WR.

after missing out on Odell Beckham Jr., you damn skippy ,its time to make that move Baalke.
I could see us giving up a 3rd to leapfrog a few teams for Parker. That's about as big of a trade as if expect.
Originally posted by Canadian9erfan:

Is this a serious question? In retrospect, you take Beckham and it's not even close. All 3 of those guys could be backups this year and Beckham Jr is at least a top 10 receiver in the league already and would open our offense up. I sincerely hope you don't think Ward, Hyde, and Borland are worth more than Beckham. If we proposed that trade and threw in this year's first round pick, we would get laughed at.

Having said that, there's no guarantee you will find one of the best players in the draft as late as Beckham was selected so it all comes down to how much you value the guys who fall in the draft. I value White or Cooper higher than whoever I expect to fall to 15 and 46, so if one of them falls to 8 or 9, I'm all for trading up.
Share 49ersWebzone