LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 401 users in the forums

MBA's Mock draft ver 2.0 Post Combine, Pre Free Agency

Originally posted by bors:
I like the gaurd pick. We need to get back to establishing the line of scrimmage on offense

We took two guys in last year's draft who can compete for Iupati's spot; Marcus Martin and Brandon Thomas
[ Edited by slowriot on Feb 24, 2015 at 6:41 PM ]
Nice mock. Like Parker if he is there
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Here is my second stab at a mock draft. The player ratings are based on CBS Sports Prospect rankings as of 2/23 plus the performance of the players at the Combine. Thanks to Phoenix, I will also assume that the Niners get two comp picks in the 4th and 7th

Here is my take on free agency:

Resign
Chris Culliver, Frank Gore, Dan Skuta, Tony Jerod-Eddie, Kyle Nelson

Trade
Ahmad Brooks for Washington's 5th round draft pick or cut if we cannot get more than that

Release/Let Walk
Craig Dahl, Michael Crabtree, Mike Iupati, Blaine Gabbert, Brandon Lloyd, Garrett Celek, Kassim Osgood, Raymond Ventrone, Alfonso Smith

Restructure/Extend
Colin Kaepernick, Patrick Willis, Aldon Smith, Stevie Johnson

Retire
Justin Smith

Free Agency targets
Pernell McPhee OLB/DE Ravens
Jared Odrick DT Miami or Tyson Alualu DT Jacksonville
Roy Helu RB Washington

Round 1 Davante Parker WR Louisville 6'3" 209 lbs - number 1 need and maybe the last of the big four to be taken; may not be there.
Round 2 AJ Cann OG South Carolina 6'3" 313 lbs - Have to rebuild in the treches; first choice is Cann, if not Tomlinson from Duke
Round 3 Tyler Lockett WR/KR Kansas St 5'10" 182 lbs - Need for speed pick; have to double down at WR IMO.
Round 4 Henry Anderson DE Stanford 6'6" 294 lbs - another huge need pick; cannot rely on Cowboy coming back
Round 4 Eric Rowe DB Utah 6'1" 205 - can play inside or out; ran around 4.4 at the Combine so has enough speed to move outside
Round 5 Deion Barnes OLB Penn State 6'4" 260 lbs - developmental pass rusher
Round 6 Wes Saxton TE South Alabama 6'4" 243 lbs - don't know what happens to Vernon so the offense could use another weapon at TE
Round 7 Sean Mannion QB Oregon St 6'6" 229 lbs - need a backup QB no matter what; decent value here.
Round 7 Comp Chaz Green OT Florida 6'5" 300 lbs - 3 year starter coming off an injury

Your thoughts..........

Not bad! If Parker is there that would be a huge score I don't really see OL as a huge need and a 2nd is a little high. They just drafted 2 last year in the 3rd round. I don't see how they don't draft a RB in this draft either and I'll pass on drafting a QB in this draft seems like a wasted pick (rather grab a vet).

Oh and if you want to draft 2 WRs, I'd rather just cut SJ. I don't see those FA as viable, maybe Odrick, but we just can't afford all of them.

I like the positions (minus OG/OT) you targeted in each round
Don't think restructuring Willis will play out and
the de olb from Baltimore won't be pursued bc he will be too much
J smith will probably not retire
J Martin probably gets cut

But your draft kicks ass and all the othe offseason moves are likely to happen
I don't see us grabbing an offensive lineman until the 4th round ...with Marcus Martin, Daniel Kilgore and Brandon Thomas coming back, we have the depth to wait until day 2 of the draft to grab a guard....hopefully we can land a quality swing tackle in free agency
Originally posted by daragon:
Originally posted by TheRathman44:
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
I really like the first two picks.

The rest not so much.

Question: Who is on the Big 4 at WR? I have only 3 elite standouts (White, Cooper, and Parker) worth taking at 15.

Jaelen Strong.

It amuses me how you guys completely deny Dorial isn't one of the best WR prospects in this draft. Lol.

lol I've has DGB as my #4 WR for quite a while, I view him as a top 15 pick in April.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Not bad! If Parker is there that would be a huge score I don't really see OL as a huge need and a 2nd is a little high. They just drafted 2 last year in the 3rd round. I don't see how they don't draft a RB in this draft either and I'll pass on drafting a QB in this draft seems like a wasted pick (rather grab a vet).

Oh and if you want to draft 2 WRs, I'd rather just cut SJ. I don't see those FA as viable, maybe Odrick, but we just can't afford all of them.

I like the positions (minus OG/OT) you targeted in each round

I don't think that's a good idea, having a rookie start when SJ is a proven WR. I don't trust Patton or Ellington to be great contributors at WR either.
Share 49ersWebzone