LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 436 users in the forums

Post-combine mock draft -SF_Warrior

Originally posted by NYniner85:
Staley is getting older? He is only 30 and just signed a extension lol. Thomas has had a full year to fix the ACL and was regarded as a 2nd rd pick before the injury. IF they felt like he couldn't come back from the injury why would the spend a 3rd on him? Davis is injury prone? He has played every game for the past 4 years besides this year. He had surgery and his 1st concussion far from injury prone. Boone had a bad year, I'll agree with you on that. He came on strong towards the end of the season and having Jonathan Martin starting next to him didn't help lol.

Collins isn't the top OT/OG prospect in my eyes. You don't spend a top 15 pick on a guard unless he's at a Mike Iupati or Zack Martin level, which he isn't. Also if you want to get a OT/OG for the future why not grab Cedric Ogbuehi in the 3rd or 4th?

They will have one spot to fill and that's LG, which Thomas and Martin both played at some point in college. They need a swing tackle to take Jonathan Martin's spot which can be had later.

If Carl Davis is there in the 2nd I'd like that pick, I'm still trying to see what kind of pass rush he has because he was a little underwhelming in that department. He does have the length and size the Baalke loves ...same with Perriman I didn't get to watch much of him, but he seems to have size and speed we are looking for.

Here is my pre-combine mock that will unfortunately look nothing like my next mock lol. Some players have upgraded their stock (White) and some have dropped (Cobb).

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/181210-nyniner85-pre-combine-mock/search=nyniner85

Well, i see we have a different opinion from our O-Line.

Yeah, White will probably not be there at 15. So we have to rethink.
Originally posted by SF_Warrior:
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Staley is getting older? He is only 30 and just signed a extension lol. Thomas has had a full year to fix the ACL and was regarded as a 2nd rd pick before the injury. IF they felt like he couldn't come back from the injury why would the spend a 3rd on him? Davis is injury prone? He has played every game for the past 4 years besides this year. He had surgery and his 1st concussion far from injury prone. Boone had a bad year, I'll agree with you on that. He came on strong towards the end of the season and having Jonathan Martin starting next to him didn't help lol.

Collins isn't the top OT/OG prospect in my eyes. You don't spend a top 15 pick on a guard unless he's at a Mike Iupati or Zack Martin level, which he isn't. Also if you want to get a OT/OG for the future why not grab Cedric Ogbuehi in the 3rd or 4th?

They will have one spot to fill and that's LG, which Thomas and Martin both played at some point in college. They need a swing tackle to take Jonathan Martin's spot which can be had later.

If Carl Davis is there in the 2nd I'd like that pick, I'm still trying to see what kind of pass rush he has because he was a little underwhelming in that department. He does have the length and size the Baalke loves ...same with Perriman I didn't get to watch much of him, but he seems to have size and speed we are looking for.

Here is my pre-combine mock that will unfortunately look nothing like my next mock lol. Some players have upgraded their stock (White) and some have dropped (Cobb).

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nfl-draft/181210-nyniner85-pre-combine-mock/search=nyniner85

Well, i see we have a different opinion from our O-Line.

Yeah, White will probably not be there at 15. So we have to rethink.

Haha yup just a little. I could see them going higher than a 6th rd pick, but they still have B Thomas, M Martin, and J Looney who are all capable to play guard.

White should be long gone and that was made even more obvious after the combine. If a top WR isn't there I could seriously see us trading down and grabbing Carol Davis in the late 1st, Devin Smith in the 2nd and Jalen Collins in the late 2nd
Share 49ersWebzone