LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 251 users in the forums

my 1st post/mock

Whats up u guys..i been on the website for a couple years now and decided to sign up and do my 1st mock ever...i think its kind of lame you have to be signed up for 7 days before you can post anything...anywaysssss lets get it going here

Resign-culliver, vernon davis, cowboy smith (i know hes not a fa..just saying he won't retire)
Let go-crabtree, stevie Johnson,iupati, gore (as you can see its time for a change on offense...time for some new blood)

Sign- cecil shorts wr jax

1st- bud dupree-olb-Kentucky- pass rush pass rush pass rush...i would go corner or receiver here but i truly think our corners will get much better over the off-season..specifically ward and donte Johnson...Johnson will push to start this season...keeping culliver would be huge..and receiver is a very deep class so we can wait to snatch one later on the draft..bud on one side aldon on the other would be a scary combo..mix that in with lynch...this pick helps the secondary since the secondary was the weakness of the defense...as well also tomsula would love to get his hands on this guy and do wonders with him..our defense stay dominant

2- nelson agholor-wr-usc- i love this guy..he reminds me of a poor mans aj green..hes been underrated playing at usc..very athletic and a deep threat..both of which we lack on offense...great route runner...could get a little bit more physical and get some muscle on him but working out with boldin should help that out..would be a great addition to a offense lacking fresh blood..can also return kicks..no clue why carlos hyde was returning last year

3-michael dyer-rb-Louisville- had some trouble at auburn went to Louisville and his carries dropped...shaky pick here but i liked it ..pretty raw but you can see the talent this kid has...very good value here...with gore gone hyde and dyer will be one of the best young backfields along with Jeremy hill and Giovanni Bernard in Cincinnati...2 young hungry backs mixed with trey Millard coming back from injury will will most definitely give us some options to run with...btw i think millard will be the next pro bowl 9er fullback

4-chad slade-og-auburn-great run blocker playing at auburn obviously...needs help in the passing game but good value in the 4th here...also with iupatis departure we need some more depth...figuring brandon Thomas comes back healthy

5-deon long-wr-maryland- tough athletic receiver...gives us depth...deep threat

6-jean sifrin-te-Massachusetts- vernon davis is getting a little older and this guy is a athletic te..notice were going athletic this draft

7-sean mannion-qb-Oregon st- aww what the hell...whatever

QB: Kaepernick/mannion
RB: Hyde/Dyer/Hunter/
FB: MILLARD/Miller (i love millard here)
TE: Davis/McDonald/Carrier/sifrin

WR: Boldin/Patton
WR: Shorts/Long
WR: Agholor/Ellington

LT: Staley
LG: Thomas/Slade
C: Kilgore/M. Martin
RG: Boone/Looney
RT: Davis/J. Martin

LE: Carradine/Dial
NT: Dorsey/Williams
RE: Smith/TJE

OLB: Smith/Skuta
ILB: Willis/Borland
ILB: Bowman/Borland
OLB: Dupree/Lynch

CB: Brock/Johnson/Reaser
CB: Culliver/Ward/Acker
FS: Reid/Ward
SS: Bethea/Ward

ST: Dawson, Lee

Did the best i could with the depth chart lol...didnt know every back up we had
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Good effort, kid.
It's alright... Mainly like the Agholor pick. If Dupree can bulk up and become a DE in the mold of Justin? then it obviously becomes all the better.
Originally posted by yung_prophet_one:
Whats up u guys..i been on the website for a couple years now and decided to sign up and do my 1st mock ever...i think its kind of lame you have to be signed up for 7 days before you can post anything...anywaysssss lets get it going here

Resign-culliver, vernon davis, cowboy smith (i know hes not a fa..just saying he won't retire)
Let go-crabtree, stevie Johnson,iupati, gore (as you can see its time for a change on offense...time for some new blood)

Sign- cecil shorts wr jax

1st- bud dupree-olb-Kentucky- pass rush pass rush pass rush...i would go corner or receiver here but i truly think our corners will get much better over the off-season..specifically ward and donte Johnson...Johnson will push to start this season...keeping culliver would be huge..and receiver is a very deep class so we can wait to snatch one later on the draft..bud on one side aldon on the other would be a scary combo..mix that in with lynch...this pick helps the secondary since the secondary was the weakness of the defense...as well also tomsula would love to get his hands on this guy and do wonders with him..our defense stay dominant

2- nelson agholor-wr-usc- i love this guy..he reminds me of a poor mans aj green..hes been underrated playing at usc..very athletic and a deep threat..both of which we lack on offense...great route runner...could get a little bit more physical and get some muscle on him but working out with boldin should help that out..would be a great addition to a offense lacking fresh blood..can also return kicks..no clue why carlos hyde was returning last year

3-michael dyer-rb-Louisville- had some trouble at auburn went to Louisville and his carries dropped...shaky pick here but i liked it ..pretty raw but you can see the talent this kid has...very good value here...with gore gone hyde and dyer will be one of the best young backfields along with Jeremy hill and Giovanni Bernard in Cincinnati...2 young hungry backs mixed with trey Millard coming back from injury will will most definitely give us some options to run with...btw i think millard will be the next pro bowl 9er fullback

4-chad slade-og-auburn-great run blocker playing at auburn obviously...needs help in the passing game but good value in the 4th here...also with iupatis departure we need some more depth...figuring brandon Thomas comes back healthy

5-deon long-wr-maryland- tough athletic receiver...gives us depth...deep threat

6-jean sifrin-te-Massachusetts- vernon davis is getting a little older and this guy is a athletic te..notice were going athletic this draft

7-sean mannion-qb-Oregon st- aww what the hell...whatever

QB: Kaepernick/mannion
RB: Hyde/Dyer/Hunter/
FB: MILLARD/Miller (i love millard here)
TE: Davis/McDonald/Carrier/sifrin

WR: Boldin/Patton
WR: Shorts/Long
WR: Agholor/Ellington

LT: Staley
LG: Thomas/Slade
C: Kilgore/M. Martin
RG: Boone/Looney
RT: Davis/J. Martin

LE: Carradine/Dial
NT: Dorsey/Williams
RE: Smith/TJE

OLB: Smith/Skuta
ILB: Willis/Borland
ILB: Bowman/Borland
OLB: Dupree/Lynch

CB: Brock/Johnson/Reaser
CB: Culliver/Ward/Acker
FS: Reid/Ward
SS: Bethea/Ward

ST: Dawson, Lee

Did the best i could with the depth chart lol...didnt know every back up we had

Welcome to the zone

Not a huge fan of the mock though....I don't want any part of shorts he is injured every year and isn't a upgrade over any of the WRs currently on the team.

I like Bud put not sure OLB is a top priority (maybe a trade down).

Agholor reminds you of AJ?? He is 4 inch shorter and his arms are like 3 inches shorter as well lol. I think a 2nd is high for this kid. He is a slot WR and we already have a ton of those guys. We need someone on the outside.

michael dyer is projected as a 7-UDFA on Cbssports....and we need DL help.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 24, 2015 at 8:49 AM ]
Originally posted by yung_prophet_one:

I like the draft, but saying Vernon isn't getting any younger (31) and getting Sifrin who's 27 already and very raw, defeats the purpose. If you're looking to replace Vernon sooner rather than later, Sifrin wouldn't be the guy to do it. MyCole Pruitt, a Delanie Walker type TE, would be a better choice here.

Also not a fan of Dyer as the RB to pick in the 3rd. David Johnson, TJ Yeldon, Jay Ajayi, Ameer Abdullah, David Cobb, Mike Davis, Jeremy Langford, and Buck Allen are all guys that could be available in the 3rd and would be far superior, in my opinion, than Dyer.

Another than that, solid draft. Like the Nelson Agholor pick (think he's highly underrated) and Bud Dupree could be a stud playing opposite Aldon.
Like 1st pick
No CB and no DL.....

Welcome to the WZ.
Share 49ersWebzone