There are 298 users in the forums

Post-Combine Mock

• GEEK
  • Veteran
Key Resignings: Gore - RB; Skuta - DE/LB; Wilhoite - ILB; Cox - CB; Cook - CB

Key Salary Cuts: Dahl - S; Brooks - OLB

Key Restructurings: Johnson - WR; Dawson - K

Free Agent Targets:

Ricky Jean-Francois - DE/NT (cut by Colts): Replaces Ray Mac's spot and competes with Carradine for the starting DE spot. Tomsula and 49ers connection.

Brandon Carr - CB (may get cut by Cowboys): Press corner that is playing in zone, Carr is a perfect fit for the 49ers. Coached by Pendergast in 09 as their DC/DB coach.

Matt Moore - QB (FA via Dolphins): Backup corner well suited for the WCO. Coached under Sparano in Miami as their HC.

NFL Draft:

R1: Jaelen Strong - WR - Arizona | 6-2, 4.4 speed, and one hell of a vertical jump. Safer choice vs. DBG.

R2: Duke Johnson - RB - Miami | Blazing speed, great vision, and a playmaker. Baalke's MO: run the ball.

R3: Tyler Lockett - WR - Kansas St | Fast WR with shifty route running skills. Opens up the offense just like TY Hilton.

R4: Austin Sheppard - OT/OG - Alabama (via Broncos) | Good fit for the ZBS, but he's a good beefy player that can play many positions in the OL.

R4: Clayton Geathers - S - Central Florida (comp) | Raw safety, but strong intangibles to develop as a backup/ST ace.

R5: Ryan Russell - DE/LB - Purdue | Physical athlete but had trouble with consistency on the field. Sound familiar? Lynch 2.0?

R6: Vince Mayle - TE/WR - Wash St. | I see him as a hybrid WR/TE in a D. Walker mold. Off-field issues drop him to this spot. Possible PS player.

R6: Blake Simms - QB - Alabama (comp) | Poor man's Russell Wilson.

R7: Bryce Callahan - CB - Rice | Depth at CB via PS.

R7: Greg Mancz - C - Toledo (via Panthers) | Depth at OL via PS.

Depth Chart:

QB: Kaepernick/Moore
RB: Gore/Hyde/Johnson/Hunter
FB: Miller
TE: Davis/McDonald/Millard

WR: Boldin/Patton
WR: Johnson/Lockett*
WR: Strong*/Ellington

LT: Staley/Sheppard*
LG: Thomas/Looney
C: Kilgore/Martin
RG: Boone
RT: Davis/Martin

LE: Smith/Dial
NT: Dorsey/Williams
RE: Carradine/Jean-Francois

OLB: Smith/Lemonier/Russell*
ILB: Willis/Borland
ILB: Bowman/Wilhoite
OLB: Lynch/Skuta

CB: Brock/Johnson/Acker
CB: Carr*/Cox/Cook
FS: Reid/Ward
SS: Bethea/Geathers*

ST: Dawson, Lee, Nelson

PS: Mayle, Simms, Callahan, Mancz, Ramsey, Reaser, and holdovers from 2014.
  • bors
  • Veteran
Always appreciate these mock drafts and I am not really want to judge seeing as I do not put myself out there with one. If we were to go with strong as a first round pick I would like to see us trading back a bit for him using the extra pics for a top-flight corner then defensive line before we go any running backs.

Big thanks to you and all the other mock drafters out there you keep this off-season entertaining
[ Edited by bors on Feb 23, 2015 at 8:38 PM ]
No D-line help what so ever we're F*CK*D sry a old washed up Ricky dont help or count
Nice mock
Can't see the 49ers going a whole draft without adding any DL help.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Just on the Free agents, Carr is absolute garbage, Cox would be better and far cheaper. And Matt Moore's much to expensive, many were surprised when he resigned with the Dolphins because he could have started on some teams. And what has Phil done to deserve a pay cut.
[ Edited by KID9R on Feb 23, 2015 at 7:54 PM ]
Originally posted by KID9R:
And what has Phil done to deserve a pay cut.

Turn 40. Stop being a Pro Bowler. Have a cap number of over 4 million as a kicker.I don't think they'll cut him, but I wouldn't mind if we look at free agents and try to get him to restructure his deal.

I like Duke Johnson and Lockett in the 3rd if he's there (do not like him in the 2nd round). Would like to defensive line help, but some of that will depend on whether Justin Smith is back.
  • xcfan
  • Veteran
blake sims is not even worth a udfa deal.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Can't see the 49ers going a whole draft without adding any DL help.

Agreed. RJF ain't gonna cut it. (not that I'm against adding for depth at the right price)
I like Duke Williams but i think Karlos Williams could be the stud sleeper RB of this draft. he has had some off the field issues (as a wingman to winston too lol) big 6-1 230 runs a sub 4.4 40.

I'd rather take Lockett over Strong. Strong seems lazy. He should've dominated in college and didn't. At least to the hype he never lived up to it. Where as Lockett catches anything thrown his way, and always comes bad to the ball when needed to. has some good bloodlines too.

Strong at 15? Talk about a reeeeaaaaach.
I am a fan of this one, GEEK... well done. I think RJF will be fine, and don't regard DL as some urgent need anyway.

Awesome mock and realistic fa
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Originally posted by daragon:
Strong at 15? Talk about a reeeeaaaaach.

A.J Jenkins in first round and Jimmy Ward. Trading up to select Eric Reid whom was projected later. Aldon Smith was not in top ten mock drafts.
Share 49ersWebzone