There are 188 users in the forums

Byron Jones CB UConn

Crazy athlete and has great length. Just watched this video of him vs. Michigan State. He reminded me a little of Richard Sherman in this video. What reminded me of Sherman was the play recognition, the ball skills, the length. and his feet also look kind of slow similar to Sherman. Sherman doesn't have very quick feet. Compensates for it by reaching out and tugging jerseys. Anyways, not saying he's Sherman by any means, but I just saw some resemblances in their style of play within this particular video.

• crew
  • Veteran
Really high character guy, team leader, long arms, tall. Had him in my pre-combine mock as my 6th RD pick. He now will probably go 3rd - 4th RD.
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
2015 NFL Combine

Height 6-1, Weight 199, Arm Length 32, Hand 10, Vertical 44.5, Broad 12´3, 3-Cone 6.78, Shuttle 3.94
didnt run the 40 hmmmm
  • crew
  • Veteran
The broad and vertical, wow...
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by crew:
The broad and vertical, wow...

His 12´3 Broad Jump is apparently a New World Record.
[ Edited by DeUh on Feb 23, 2015 at 5:37 PM ]
Originally posted by Harbaalke:
didnt run the 40 hmmmm

Didn't need to. Dude is a scary athlete. Project but someone who will go a good 3 rounds higher due to size/athletic ability combo.
Originally posted by genus49:
Didn't need to. Dude is a scary athlete. Project but someone who will go a good 3 rounds higher due to size/athletic ability combo.

Dude... do you even lift?

Originally posted by genus49:

I saw him as a 4th rounder before the Combine, the only real knocks on him were his level of competition and some injury issues. Not sure how much higher he'll move up but I see him as a solid early to mid 3rd rounder now. Very much reminds me of Chris Culliver.
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I saw him as a 4th rounder before the Combine, the only real knocks on him were his level of competition and some injury issues. Not sure how much higher he'll move up but I see him as a solid early to mid 3rd rounder now. Very much reminds me of Chris Culliver.

Without the off-field stuff.

Originally posted by crew:
Without the off-field stuff.

Yes, hopefully, based on everything I've seen and read he seems like a pretty upstanding guy. Also being a former receiver, he plays the football in the air a lot better than Culliver.

"I knew after the game and I was pretty devastated because he was a leader in the (locker) room but he is also a leader on the field," said redshirt sophomore cornerback John Green, one of the players expected to see a larger role with Jones out for the remainder of the season. "I was pretty devastated, the whole room was devastated, the coaches were devastated. It was a blessing in disguise for Byron, he is going to have a good future. "He addressed the team, the coaches addressed the team and he is still leading in the meeting room, he hasn't left us." His teammates were appreciative that Jones stepped up to speak with the team during what had to be an incredibly difficult time for him. "Byron has done a great job of leading those guys and help bring them along, help them grow and he will continue to do that from the sideline,' UConn senior quarterback Chandler Whitmer said. "He can't necessarily be out there physically with them but I think those kids have learned, have stepped up and will continue to get better each game.

http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/10/uconns-byron-jones-still-leader-even.html

"Byron definitely is a leader," junior safety Andrew Adams said. "I definitely feel for Byron and we know his UConn career is over. We try to play each game just thinking about him and thinking about what Byron wants us to do. I know Byron wants us to play hard, play 100 percent. We want to give all of our effort because we know if Byron was out there, he'd be giving all the effort. "
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 23, 2015 at 6:51 PM ]

Looks like a hell of a player in the right system for sure
Share 49ersWebzone