LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 163 users in the forums

Brandon Bridge -- Kaepernick clone

• xcfan
  • Veteran
6-5 athletic qb. has a good, ball release point; good arm mechanics. the ball jumps off his hand like warren moon's passes. very high ceiling with this guy if he develops. has played relatively few games. rd 6 or 7 or udfa type who actually has winning nfl starter potential. worth spending a couple years developing and evaluating.

wow you werent lying, hes really a poor man's kap

one kaepernick is enough imo...this guys is a total option, one-read product. I guess as QB3 he cant hurt, but I'm more interested in finding a real backup we can groom. this guy is a lottery pick, and not in the NBA sense.
lf they draft him, I think he goes straight to the PS team. The Ninets would 100% have to carry 3 QBs.
A Krap clone? Great. Another QB who can't find a 2nd read and has no accuracy and can't play from the pocket.
The trouble is that college ball is producing nothing but Kaps. Maybe it's because the spread is so difficult to defend, especially when the best players are on offense. That same scheme can't make it in the NFL because of the injury factor and the quality of NFL defenses. Harbaugh almost pulled off a SB title with a spread QB but long term it doesn't seem to work in the pros. Once a QB gets enough hits, and they will be hit, the question becomes can he win from the pocket. The answer for most is maybe for a couple of years but that's about it.
Bridge's throwing accuracy makes Kaepernick look like Aaron Rodgers by comparison. He's a very broke, begging in the street man's version of Kaepernick at this point.
Uh...no thanks. What Phoenix said.
Share 49ersWebzone