LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 373 users in the forums

Best value at 15 at the WR postion

Best value at 15 at the WR postion

As i see it Dorial Green-Beckham or Jaelen Strong will be the 2 best option at 15 or if we trade back in the draft 1st.

DGB Combine results
6'5",237lb, 32 1/2 arm length, 9" hands
40 Time: 4.49
Vert: 33.5 inches
Bench: 13

Jaelen Strong Combine
6'2", 217, 32 1/2" arm length, 9" hands
40 Time: 4.44
Vert: 42"
Bench:N/A

So who would you take with the pick?
Jaelen Strong.
Keep in mind that Odell Beckham ran a 4.43 at the combine
I'm a fan of Strong's, but you can't justify taking him that early. DGB is the pick.
Originally posted by DeHubb:

Straight line speed, yes. He'd run circles around these guys.
  • All22
  • Veteran
If they're both around at 15 then I'd feel more comfortable trading back into the mid twenties and grabbing whoever is left while getting another 3rd rounder.
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by All22:
If they're both around at 15 then I'd feel more comfortable trading back into the mid twenties and grabbing whoever is left while getting another 3rd rounder.

I see Strong going to the Chiefs at #18, but DGB should be there at #25. Trade down with Carolina and get another 2nd RD pick.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
DGB
DL
Strong plays bigger than DGB, is more polished, and doesn't have the character concerns. I'll take him
[ Edited by LZRD_WZRD on Feb 22, 2015 at 3:43 PM ]

Originally posted by DeHubb:

Kepp in mind that Beckham fort time MATCHED his football field speed, Strong also rana 4.55 or .550 in his second forty run,Strongs` track time DOES NOT match his football field speed and I have watched several of Strong`s games, DGB football field speed is faster then his track speed, Strong gets some seperation at the college level,but he is gonna have to work on his football field speed.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
If the 49ers are satisfied that he has learned from his off the field mistakes then its DGB. Kap needs a guy he can lob the ball up for. We have to many small receivers. Brandon Marshall had three touchdowns against us by just being physically bigger then the guy covering him.
Neither, trade back or take other position
Originally posted by Jcool:
If the 49ers are satisfied that he has learned from his off the field mistakes then its DGB. Kap needs a guy he can lob the ball up for. We have to many small receivers. Brandon Marshall had three touchdowns against us by just being physically bigger then the guy covering him.

No can do -- remember, "win with character".
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by rapid4:
Originally posted by Jcool:

No can do -- remember, "win with character".

Well its actually "win with class" and i think most fans know that was BS.
Share 49ersWebzone