• Veteran
[ Edited by DeUh on Dec 22, 2015 at 1:01 AM ]
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Yah yah yah after he was crowned the combine workout warrior for wide receivers :)

#1 in vertical (45 inches)
#1 in broad jump (139 inches)
#3 in 40yd dash (4.35)
#4 in bench press (18 reps)

Very intriguing -- put up fair numbers in Georgia's run heavy offense.

It will be really interesting to see where he ends up going. If Coates is a late 1st/early 2nd round pick mainly because of his height, length, and athleticism despite having terrible hands, this guy should be a 3rd round pick I would think.

Size:
Coates: 6'1.3 212 33 3/8" arms, 9 3/8" hands
Conley: 6'1.7 213 33 3/4" arms, 9 7/8" hands

Combine events:
Coates: 4.42 40, 23 bench, 41 vertical, 10'11 broad, 6.98 3 cone, 4.06 shuttle
Conley: 4.35 40, 18 bench, 45 vertical, 11'7 broad, 7.06 3 cone, 4.30 shuttle

Production:
Coates: 902 yards, 7 TD's - Sophomore, 741 yards, 4 TD's - Junior
Conley: 651 yards, 4 TD's - Junior, 657 yards, 8 TD's - Senior
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
[ Edited by DeUh on Dec 22, 2015 at 1:00 AM ]
Raising eyebrows for sure. Passes the numbers test and the eye test. To be honest, it looks like Parker is coasting like he can't be touched. Conley is working hard but looks smooth. Chip on his shoulder watching the others be crowned, crazy respect for this performance.
I'm down since we ain't getting White
Combine warrior with no production. Why don't they throw it to him in college if he is so good? How come he has no production?

Big red flags IMO. The combine #'s are great but lots before him have done that too and been busts. Usually you play like you PLAY. Not like how you run in shorts at the combine.

Stephen Hill 2015..... There is one of these every year.

2012 21 catches for 252 yards and 3 TD's.

2103 24 catches 342 yards and 1 TD.

Stephen Hill stats. He was also 6'4" 215 lbs. and ran a 4.36 at the combine. Don't get too carried away with the combine and 40 times.
[ Edited by SanDiego49er on Feb 21, 2015 at 9:14 PM ]
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Combine warrior with no production. Why don't they throw it to him in college if he is so good? How come he has no production?

Big red flags IMO. The combine #'s are great but lots before him have done that too and been busts. Usually you play like you PLAY. Not like how you run in shorts at the combine.

No film on him yet hopefully something we can use other than track numbers

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Conley blew up the combine for sure. He made a ton of money today & has teams going back to game tape very quickly today.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

2012 21 catches for 252 yards and 3 TD's.

2103 24 catches 342 yards and 1 TD.

Stephen Hill stats. He was also 6'4" 215 lbs. and ran a 4.36 at the combine. Don't get too carried away with the combine and 40 times.

Didn't he lead Georgia in receiving? I don't think they throw a lot. My problem is that he doesn't look 4.35-fast on the field to me. At least we know he can block...
  • DeUh
  • Veteran
Niners Fans, I see there is an overwhelming want for one of the top WR's in this draft. And, this is a huge need indeed as this has been a huge need for the last 3 years? Well, let's not get too excited if this happens; reason being, there is a need for TWO WR's of the caliber of the ones everyone is salivating over (#15, Johnson, and Lloyd need to be GONE!). Also, can #7 get the ball to these guys and give them a chance to use their open field skills because, this is what he is hopefully working on down in Arizona with Mr. Warner (personally, I would have chosen a guy who has won multiple championships, someone like that Montana guy). So, what you will see on draft day is the Front Office, Brain Trust, Dumb Bunnies, etc. choose a DL in the first round at #15 (hmm, interesting). Unless, there has truly been a shift in what direction this team is going in. I am and always be a fan. And, I will always have hope. Ride and Die 49ers
Share 49ersWebzone