There are 197 users in the forums

Arik Armstead DE Oregon

I didn't realize before that Arik Armstead is Jessie Armstead's son.

Jessie, I have some bad news for you; this may not have occurred to you until now.

One, your son is overrated. Two, you spelled his name wrong.
[ Edited by NinerSickness on Mar 5, 2015 at 8:05 PM ]
Originally posted by theninermaniac:
Look like Tarzan, play like Jane.

I think some of that was the Oregon scheme... but even still, I don't like him as a rd 1 pick. Middle 2nd rd, for me.
Bump he is some draft breakdown videos of him

http://draftbreakdown.com/players/arik-armstead/

I see a ton of mocks having SF taking this kid. I don't see him as a top 15 talent, love the size/speed/length that he has, but I didn't see the toughness and constant pressure you'd like to see. He was taking on 2 blockers a lot but his pad level was high.

I did like the swing move at 1:08 (OSU game), but he seemed to lose some juice as the game went on....I'm no scout lol, but I just didn't see "it" from him. He could be good in a couple years who knows...
  • crew
  • Veteran
Matt Maiocco said in a chat recently that when asked who he thought the Niners would select at #15, he said Arik Armstead:

MM: I haven't gotten past the first two picks (1, Jameis Winston; 2, Marcus Mariota). But I did take part in a chat conducted by my friend Geoff Hobson at Bengals.com, and I had the 49ers selecting DL Arik Armstead. I probably won't do a mock draft until the week of the real thing.

Niners taking Armstead with their 1st pick is a real possibility. Could see Baalke and Jimmy T wanting to work with him on his game, because physically he has the traits they look for.
[ Edited by crew on Mar 27, 2015 at 8:33 AM ]
Originally posted by crew:
Matt Maiocco said in a chat recently that when asked who he thought the Niners would select at #15, he said Arik Armstead:

MM: I haven't gotten past the first two picks (1, Jameis Winston; 2, Marcus Mariota). But I did take part in a chat conducted by my friend Geoff Hobson at Bengals.com, and I had the 49ers selecting DL Arik Armstead. I probably won't do a mock draft until the week of the real thing.

Niners taking Armstead with their 1st pick is a real possibility. Could see Baalke and Jimmy T wanting to work with him on his game, because physically he has the traits they look for.

yeah they would be looking at potential rather than being able to start him day one, if they are looking at some with similar physical traits i'd rather draft Henry Anderson in the 3rd
I can't put my finger on it BUT I have no faith in this guy and I really hope we don't pick him.
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
I can't put my finger on it BUT I have no faith in this guy and I really hope we don't pick him.

You're not the only one.

He doesn't pass the eye test on film. His measurables are impressive, but there is no evidence to suggest he is worth of top 15 pick, or even first round. He seems to be a futures bet on massive development as he matures. Not a worthy gamble in the first round for the Niners.
Todd McShay is super high on him....

Todd McShay @McShay13 · Feb 19

If convinced he's driven to be great at next level, I'd take Armstead over Ray, Fowler, Gregory. Don't want to hear about 2.5 sacks, either

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Get-to-Know-Oregon-DL-Prospect-Arik-Armstead/80dbe050-e9f8-4b3b-b942-8eedc196c7a9?campaign=social_20150331_43021596&adbid=10152669710341875&adbpl=fb&adbpr=112852666874
Originally posted by NYniner85:

If convinced he's driven to be great at next level, I'd take Armstead over Ray, Fowler, Gregory. Don't want to hear about 2.5 sacks, either

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/Get-to-Know-Oregon-DL-Prospect-Arik-Armstead/80dbe050-e9f8-4b3b-b942-8eedc196c7a9?campaign=social_20150331_43021596&adbid=10152669710341875&adbpl=fb&adbpr=112852666874

must be an april fool's joke. Armstead over Fowler?? he's dreaming.
Originally posted by AsianJeff:

LOL right, he posted it on Feb 19th though...the potential is there but he needs some serious coaching. Pretty risky at 15 for a team that needs some day one starters IMO.

[ Edited by natrone06 on Apr 1, 2015 at 8:26 AM ]

LOL right, he posted it on Feb 19th though...the potential is there but he needs some serious coaching. Pretty risky at 15 for a team that needs some day one starters IMO.

Henry Anderson in the 4th is much better value than Armstead at 15
The webzone will blow up if we get him and not in the good way
  • crew
  • Veteran
Henry Anderson in the 4th is much better value than Armstead at 15

Niners will have to take Henry Anderson with their 3rd Rd pick, he'll be long gone by end of 4th Rd. He might even go top of 3rd Rd to the Bears.

Disregard last sentence - troll in the house.
[ Edited by crew on Apr 1, 2015 at 9:12 AM ]
Baalke's not fooled by Armstead...for all his size, etc. his productivity's not impressive. In the NFL, it's all about what you do on the field...with guys like Eddie Goldman, Malcolm Brown available, there's no reason to consider Armstead first. IMHO, he has bust written all over him...but, I guess only time will tell. He can do that on someone else's field, not Levi's Stadium.
Share 49ersWebzone