There are 185 users in the forums

The 2015 Prospects That The 49ers Have Met With Thread

Originally posted by midrdan:
Does it count if the player meets with one of our players? Cause Kaep has been throwing to DGB in Arizona and has officially and publicly asked Jed York to draft him.

I think you're mistaken dude....pretty sure it was a random twitter dude asking York.
@MaioccoCSN: #49ers speed up their search for wide receiver, as they have formal interview with fleet Phillip Dorsett (4.33u).
http://t.co/DbIgRlIpXY
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Of course, add Clive Walford, TE, to the list now.

I've been thinking about who the 49ers are going to target at RB (I fully expect them to draft another one). Right now -- based on what I think we might be looking for at the position -- in no particular order, I'd say the top 5 targets for the 49ers at RB would be:

1. Duke Johnson
2. Jeremy Langford
3. Tevin Coleman
4. Javorius Allen
5. Ameer Abdullah

Why not Cobb? He seems like he would be a great fit in the 3rd - 5th round.

Not saying he's not an option, just don't think he's as much of a complementary fit as those five, in my opinion. The theme I've seen in Baalke RBs is they have to be good pass protectors, and the majority of those above are. Cobb's knock aside from elite agility or explosiveness is the inconsistency and unpolish in pass protection. I think we'll go for a guy with speed who can block -- similar to Kendall Hunter in terms of traits, but not necessarily the same size.

I like Allen and Langford a lot.
Originally posted by genus49:
I think you're mistaken dude....pretty sure it was a random twitter dude asking York.

This. It wasn't Kaepernick but some guy posting that. Kaepernick has also been throwing the ball to Kevin White and any number of other potential draft picks at WR. They've had a huge group over there at EXOS this year.
@Eric_Branch: Let's try that again: Oregon's seriously huge DE Arik Armstead (6-7, 292) will meet with #49ers tonight. Possible late 1st/2nd-round pick.
Dorial Green-Beckham

@Eric_Branch: The #49ers met with WR Dorial Green-Beckham at combine. Source: Dorial Green-Beckham. Just met him at Indianapolis airport.

https://twitter.com/eric_branch/status/569266713314922496
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Eric Branch ‏@Eric_Branch

The #49ers met with Fresno State WR Josh Harper at combine. Source: Josh Harper. Sitting next to him on Indy-to-Phoenix flight.
Updated the list.
  • FL9er
  • Veteran
49ers met with Randy Gregory after NU's Pro Day.
Thank you Phoenix49ers!

IIRC, we drafted 40-50% of the players last year that we had interviewed/met with (that we had documented here). So this is a VERY helpful.

• FL9er
  • Veteran
After he killed it at his Pro Day Bud Dupree has a meeting schedule with SF. Steelers are all over him, too.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Prospects that the 49ers are reported to have met with, update whenever you see some new information.

Updated 2/21

Ben Beckwith, G, Mississippi State (EW)

Quandre Diggs, CB, Texas (SR)

Kurtis Drummond, S, Michigan State (SR)

Devin Gardner, QB/WR, Michigan (EW)

Garrett Grayson, QB, Colorado State (SR)

Sean Hickey, OT, Syracuse (EW)

Taiwan Jones, ILB, Michigan State (EW)

Jeremy Langford, RB, Michigan State (SR)

Ryan Russell, DE, Purdue (EW)

Marcus Peters-CB-Washington(Combine)

Phillip Dorsett-WR-Miami(Combine)

Dorial Green-Beckham-WR-Oklahoma(Combine)

Josh Harper-WR-Fresno State(Combine)

Clive Walford-TE-Miami(Combine)

Arik Armstead-DE-Oregon(Combine)

Doran Grant-CB-Ohio State(Combine)

Da'Ron Brown-WR-Northern Illinois(Combine)

Add the following to the list:

Stephone Anthony-ILB-Clemson, met with team at Pro Day.
Tavaris Barnes-DE-Clemson, met with team at Pro Day.
DeVante Parker-WR-Louisville, Link
Shane McDermott-C-Miami, met with team at East-West Shrine Game
Cameron Clear-TE-Texas A&M, met with us at Pro Day
Deshazor Everett-CB-Texas A&M, met with us at Pro Day
Marcus Hardison-DE-Arizona State, met with us at Pro Day
Jamil Douglas-OL-Arizona State, met with us at Pro Day
Keon Williams-RB-Chattanooga, met with us at Pro Day
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Mar 14, 2015 at 12:25 PM ]
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by FL9er:
After he killed it at his Pro Day Bud Dupree has a meeting schedule with SF. Steelers are all over him, too.

Steelers back da fuq up!!!
Originally posted by Kolohe:

My problem with Dupree is he is a prototypical workout warrior. Absolutely phenomenal, off the charts measurables, but it doesn't entirely translate on the field. Coaching will be paramount to his success. His natural gifts right now will be negated by NFL caliber talent if he does not correct his flaws (bad pursuit angles, severe struggles to disengage when locked up by inferior talent, and seriously needs to work on his hand battling). He will be more of a project than people think for a first round guy. But his potential is so far through the roof, NFL coaches won't be able to pass on the potential.
Originally posted by OnTheClock:
Originally posted by Kolohe:

My problem with Dupree is he is a prototypical workout warrior. Absolutely phenomenal, off the charts measurables, but it doesn't entirely translate on the field. Coaching will be paramount to his success. His natural gifts right now will be negated by NFL caliber talent if he does not correct his flaws (bad pursuit angles, severe struggles to disengage when locked up by inferior talent, and seriously needs to work on his hand battling). He will be more of a project than people think for a first round guy. But his potential is so far through the roof, NFL coaches won't be able to pass on the potential.

Durpree's alligator arms (32 5/8") might be a problem for Baalke. On the other hand, a guy like Danielle Hunter is as much a freak as Dupree, is slightly taller and has 34+" arms. Hunter wasn't as productive in the sack department as Dupree (though Hunter did have more TFLs), but has just as much athleticism and upside to develop into a Lynch-type of 3-4 OLB. Bud is clearly the better prospect, but I think Hunter is better value in the 2nd/3rd round.
[ Edited by GhostofFredDean74 on Mar 15, 2015 at 4:51 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone