LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 276 users in the forums

Future Prospect-Kenneth Dixon-RB-Louisiana Tech

Just looking forward with Dixon as he opted to stay in school but I like him a lot as far as a future RB prospect goes. He's been highly productive throughout his career, just a mauler of a back, builds up momentum, runs with power, smashes into guys and is very effective as a pass blocker to boot. Someone I've been interested in for awhile and will be keeping a close eye on. Pretty much a placeholder thread.

5'10", 215

College totals after 3 seasons=

3,410 yards rushing

53 TD's rushing

505 yards receiving

8 TD's receiving.

Matt Miller ‏@nfldraftscout 2h2 hours ago Matt Miller Retweeted David Slater

I thought Kenneth Dixon was going to be this year's Thomas Rawls...but he's been found by NFL teams now

CBS Sports' Dane Brugler notes that Louisiana Tech senior RB Kenneth Dixon "stands out in pass protection and as a receiver, which is why he will be one of the first senior running backs drafted this spring"
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 23, 2016 at 10:48 PM ]
Strengths: Hungry runner who almost never gives in to the defender. Light on his feet using outstanding jump­cut and lateral quickness to sidestep danger in the backfield and create a positive play. Elusiveness on second level often leaves tacklers grasping at air. Able to string moves together and hit the explosive play. Despite being keyed on, still creates yardage for himself. Determined and competitive. Accelerates through initial contact and squeezes carry for everything he can. Averaged almost twice as many yards per carry after first contact (3.3) than before first contact (1.7). Greedy eater when endzone in his sights with 39 rushing touchdowns since 2014. Quick recognition of defensive flow and adjusts running lanes accordingly. Decisive runner with plus burst and ability to charge it up to his top speed instantly. Has very good feel for running lanes and tacklers and is able to navigate both without much wasted movement. Violent finisher for his size and enjoys thumping corners and safeties. Reliable pass catcher who can hurt teams out of the backfield.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/kenneth-dixon?id=2555229
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 23, 2016 at 10:50 PM ]
Vastly underrated. Will be one of the stars of Senior Bowl week. Going to play a LOT his rookie year because he has good hands, and can pass protect. That will get a play some reps right away.

One of my top guys to watch this week for sure.
Yes yes yes. He's criminally underrated. He and Jonathan Williams, Arkansas (if medicals come back clear on Williams) are the 2 RBs I'd target if I were the 49ers.

Dixon put up video game numbers for 4 years. His only down year was Skip Holtz's first year (Soph year for Dixon), which only had 5 total TDs that year. The 3 other years he had totals of 28, 28, and 26 TDs. Plus he can catch well, 63 receptions, the past 2 years, for over 800 yards.
Phoenix- good scouting as usual.As a neophyte fan trying to transition to a student of the game a well deserved nod of the head to you and Mad -when you guys speak I listen( and then look at as much film as I can to formulate my own take.) Now to the point Kenneth Dixon- from what I see he has all the tools: power burst pass catching ability pad level,etc to be high level pro -I like him so much I've got him penciled in as a strong candidate in the third for the 49ers.Hyde and Dixon would be such a dynamic combo imo!
!!! -http://draftbreakdown.com/making-the-case-for-kenneth-dixon/
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
didn't see a lot of him last year, do you all know if he's a better pass catcher than Hyde???
Like him but wouldn't draft him ,he has too much wear and tear and has something like 802 carries just think he will start to break down faster than some of the other guys who have less carries
I believe that Dixon is this year's version of David Johnson. He's my number two RB on the board, and the reason why is based on versatility. He can run, catch the ball, and block. If you can do all three, you can play all three downs, and that is when you pile up stats.

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago

#LaTech RB Kenneth Dixon spent today visiting with the #Texans, per source. He was busy, with predraft visits to #49ers, #Ravens & #Patriots
Originally posted by NorthBay49er:
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 2m2 minutes ago

#LaTech RB Kenneth Dixon spent today visiting with the #Texans, per source. He was busy, with predraft visits to #49ers, #Ravens & #Patriots

Originally posted by MadDog49er:
I believe that Dixon is this year's version of David Johnson. He's my number two RB on the board, and the reason why is based on versatility. He can run, catch the ball, and block. If you can do all three, you can play all three downs, and that is when you pile up stats.

I agree. I was a huge fan of Johnson's and felt like his skillset would translate well to the NFL. I think Dixon can have a similar impact in the NFL. Not as good of a receiver but a better overall runner.

If the 49ers traded down a bit in the first, they could go with 2 Louisiana Tech guys in their first 3 picks with Butler and Dixon and that would not be a bad thing at all.
Boobie2?
Originally posted by 94949er:
Boobie2?

Yeah. We have the shirts for him already.
Share 49ersWebzone