LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 362 users in the forums

I cracked the Baalke code

I figured out who Baalke will draft and its a name no one has brought up which is why he will be his pick and with the uncertainty with Aldon Smith I believe our pick will be Lorenzo Mauldin. Just my theory probably wrong tho but let me know your thoughts...as far as me I'd be pissed with this pick in the 1st but who saw aj in the 1st or ward.
Originally posted by Tslope90:
I figured out who Baalke will draft and its a name no one has brought up which is why he will be his pick and with the uncertainty with Aldon Smith I believe our pick will be Lorenzo Mauldin. Just my theory probably wrong tho but let me know your thoughts...as far as me I'd be pissed with this pick in the 1st but who saw aj in the 1st or ward.

Baalke is a wild card, but this guy has a 3rd round projection

He is pretty thin for OLB and doesn't really have the body to add mass, I don't see him as a starter (which is what your looking for at 15) and we are fine at that position.... I think it's a little different drafting at 15 then 30 and 31st (basically 2nd rd picks).

All that said he probably goes after someone that isn't very popular in the zone lol
  • 9moon
  • Veteran
Baalke should get fired right there and then if he uses our 1st rounder on this guy...

That's almost carbon copying the JETS of drafting Jeff Lageman that soon....
Three guys that come to mind as potential surprise picks for Baalke in the 1st:

Jalen Collins, CB - LSU

Markus Golden, OLB - Mizzou

Breshad Perriman, WR - Central Florida

Nice surprise picks there AsianJeff. I could see any of them being selected for sure
Originally posted by tohara3:
Nice surprise picks there AsianJeff. I could see any of them being selected for sure

thanks. to be honest, i'd be completely fine with Collins or Golden as I see them being a late 1st, early 2nd rd prospects.
Mauldin will blow up the combine and be a 1st rounder IMO. I wouldn't mind it much, because I feel he will be a very solid pro
Originally posted by AsianJeff:

thanks. to be honest, i'd be completely fine with Collins or Golden as I see them being a late 1st, early 2nd rd prospects.

Golden is projected as a 3-4th rounder, you think Baalke is gonna go full potato at 15??? Big difference in drafting 15 than 30 when it comes to "taking a chance" on a player.
  • crew
  • Veteran
Definitely +1 on Breshard Perriman, with I might add a trade down of 10 spots to Carolina at #25. Also at #25, I'll add as a Baalke pick - Preston Smith DE Miss St
Peters is their type of player. He plays physical and talent wise, is a steal at 15.

Originally posted by NYniner85:

Golden is projected as a 3-4th rounder, you think Baalke is gonna go full potato at 15??? Big difference in drafting 15 than 30 when it comes to "taking a chance" on a player.

3rd-4th? I've seen countless sites that have him in the late 1st, early 2nd.

really? http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/2015/OLB

CBSsports has him as a 3rd-4th rounder
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 19, 2015 at 8:26 AM ]

CBSsports has him as a 3-4 rounder

wow. looks like his range is all over the place. even heard Mayock say he was a 1st-2nd rounder

wow. looks like his range is all over the place. even heard Mayock say he was a 1st-2nd rounder

Yeah WalterFootball has him as a 2nd-3rd round pick. I don't see OLB as a top priority especially at 15. I'd rather sign Skuta for depth.

But Baalke is a wild card so who knows

Yeah WalterFootball has him as a 2nd-3rd round pick. I don't see OLB as a top priority especially at 15. I'd rather sign Skuta for depth.

But Baalke is a wild card so who knows

you said it right. Baalke is a complete wild card. if he ended up picking one of the three i posted, i hope it's Collins.
Share 49ersWebzone