There are 151 users in the forums

MadDog49er Pre-Combine Top Rated Offense by Position

MadDog, do you see Devin Smith leap-frogging up the list after the Combine?
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

Good question! Perriman as well? I see both being mentioned mid-first round by some sites.
Originally posted by RishikeshA:

Nope. I was really disappointed with his forty time today.

My pre-combine top 5 WRs stay intact; White, Cooper, Parker, Lockett, Strong. I thought they all did really well today. There is a clear separation after the big three, but Lockett and Strong are so impressive. Very happy for all of these guys.

In the end, I believe the Big Three are going to be gone, and the team will look to the defensive line for help in the first round
[ Edited by MadDog49er on Feb 21, 2015 at 1:41 PM ]
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Nope. I was really disappointed with his forty time today.

My pre-combine top 5 WRs stay intact; White, Cooper, Parker, Lockett, Strong. I thought they all did really well today. There is a clear separation after the big three, but Lockett and Strong are so impressive. Very happy for all of these guys.

In the end, I believe the Big Three are going to be gone, and the team will look to the defensive line for help in the first round

Agree, Baalke should trade down into lower 1st RD if those 3 WR are off the board. Take Preston Smith DE and get another 2nd RD pick. Then can go WR, RB, or OL in the 2nd with those 2 picks.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
MadDog if the 49ers are after a receiver and Strong and DGB are on their board whom do you think they select?
It's nice to see Shaq Mason getting some love. I'm a ga tech fan and I feel he is being overlooked by many analyst. All year the question was how would he perform against better competition and in their last three games against Georgia, Florida state, and Mississippi state. He put up three outstanding performances, even dominant at times. He has some room to grow as a pass blocker but he is a terrific run blocker and I think he will make somebody happy that takes a chance on him.

If we stay with the power run then he would be a great potential replacement for Iupati.
[ Edited by Willisfn4life on Feb 21, 2015 at 5:00 PM ]
tb has proven that he will trade up to get who he wants, but i hope they trade down this year. there seems to be a ton of talent that will be there through rounds 3 and 4.
MD, if the top 3 WR's are gone and they trade down a bit to go D, where do you project Strong and Lockett might go? Or do you think they have their eye on Dorsett?
Share 49ersWebzone