LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 241 users in the forums

49 shades of Red Gotta Love Mock - Fixed

Just because I love watching the highlight vids. I'll include the ones I like the most for every player I chose.

[ Edited by ivanm05 on Feb 14, 2015 at 4:31 PM ]
Wouldn't mind if this was how it went down, but it's not realistic at all. We would have to trade with some one like Carolina at 25 to get a 2nd rd pick. Brown will be gone by then...

Perriman won't be even close to a 4th rd pick, more like a 2nd rounder to me. I like the guys you targeted, but it would take a miracle for it to go down like this.
[ Edited by NYniner85 on Feb 14, 2015 at 4:32 PM ]
Jaelen Strong

Marcus Peters

Cedric Ogbuehi

Breshad Perriman

David Cobb

Jamil Douglas

Damian Swann

Jean Sifrin

Originally posted by eastcoast49ersfan:
Originally posted by genus49:
Love the draft but it's super unrealistic.

I agree with this. In order to pick up an extra 2nd round pick, we would have to drop ~10 spots. A late second round pick probably won't be enough to take Peters who is expected to go late first/early second. Strong is not expected to be there for our 2nd round pick and isn't the best fit - he's a possession receiver without much speed. Perriman probably won't be there for our 4th round pick either. Cobb falling to our comp pick in the 4th is a bit of a stretch too.
You have to wonder how some people think, we need someone to Stretch the field, and yet they INSISIT on Possesion WIdeouts
[ Edited by jrouter4949 on Feb 14, 2015 at 4:49 PM ]
Originally posted by jrouter4949:
Love the draft but it's super unrealistic.

I agree with this. In order to pick up an extra 2nd round pick, we would have to drop ~10 spots. A late second round pick probably won't be enough to take Peters who is expected to go late first/early second. Strong is not expected to be there for our 2nd round pick and isn't the best fit - he's a possession receiver without much speed. Perriman probably won't be there for our 4th round pick either. Cobb falling to our comp pick in the 4th is a bit of a stretch too.
You have wonder how some people think, we need someone to Stretch the field, and yet they INSISIT on Possesion WIdeouts

The thing is that more than likely. White and Cooper and Parker are gone by 15. What receiver do you take then? I wouldnt take any other receiver there at 15. Maybe gamble that Devin Smith is there in the 2nd. I mean, everyone wants to think that strecth the field receivers can only be found in the 1st round. And you need good receivers. Period. We've lost one posession reciver in Crabtree already. Boldin more than likely will be gone after this year too. You gotta have players that are ready to occupy those roles too.
Disagree that Strong isn't a fit. Dude is a faster, taller Anquan Boldin. His game speed is not an issue and he can get down the field and threaten teams deep. Similar to Alshon Jeffrey in that he doesn't have blazing speed but gets it done and uses his height to an advantage.

Every WR in the draft is faster than Anquan Boldin. Strong has okay straight line speed and can make contested catches, but he doesn't get great separation. If he's a fit, then almost every WR in the draft is a fit. We need quick/shifty guys who can get separation or deep threats. I don't view Strong as being a great deep threat in the mold of Alshon Jeffery or some of the rookies last year (Evans, Benjamin) who can regularly win jump balls without separation. I think he's more of an intermediate threat like Marques Colston who can shield defenders and make contested catches. Strong would help in the red zone, but I really think we need to add speed at WR and there are some other receivers who have size and speed.
Disagree that Strong isn't a fit. Dude is a faster, taller Anquan Boldin. His game speed is not an issue and he can get down the field and threaten teams deep. Similar to Alshon Jeffrey in that he doesn't have blazing speed but gets it done and uses his height to an advantage.

Every WR in the draft is faster than Anquan Boldin. Strong has okay straight line speed and can make contested catches, but he doesn't get great separation. If he's a fit, then almost every WR in the draft is a fit. We need quick/shifty guys who can get separation or deep threats. I don't view Strong as being a great deep threat in the mold of Alshon Jeffery or some of the rookies last year (Evans, Benjamin) who can regularly win jump balls without separation. I think he's more of an intermediate threat like Marques Colston who can shield defenders and make contested catches. Strong would help in the red zone, but I really think we need to add speed at WR and there are some other receivers who have size and speed.

Devin Smith could be a great fit, but I have a suspicion that if the niners want him they have to take him at 15 because receivers are gonna be going like flies this draft. Minnesota. Oakland. Cleveland. Are just some of the teams that need receivers and pick in front of us.
Originally posted by ivanm05:

Devin Smith could be a great fit, but I have a suspicion that if the niners want him they have to take him at 15 because receivers are gonna be going like flies this draft. Minnesota. Oakland. Cleveland. Are just some of the teams that need receivers and pick in front of us.

OR they take that trade down you have in your draft and go Smith instead of Brown. There is DL through out this draft and we have been able to develop at that position. Don't forget to think about FA as well. Teams like Oakland and Cleveland have a ton of cap space and there are a lot of good WR in FA. Smith in a trade down we be ideal.

I remember last year when everyone thought Beckham had a late 1st projection.... After the combine he skyrocketed. I could see Smith move up the board too. He isn't as good as Beckham, but he will raise his stock after the combine for sure.
Share 49ersWebzone