There are 166 users in the forums

Quandre Diggs - CB Texas

Quandre Diggs
Cornerback
Texas

5-10
195lbs

There are reports that he had a good week at the Senior Bowl practices. He went up against Devin Smith and held his own.
I thought he had a great game against West Virginia. He went up against Kevin White most of the game, and I thought he played well.
He would be a solid pick in the later rounds.

Matt Miller said: "Fans love sleepers, and while talking to scouts this week I heard twice that I'm underrating Texas cornerback Quandre Diggs"

• crew
  • Veteran
He would be a decent pick with the 4th RD comp pick at the end of that round, then take Xavier Williams NT Northern Iowa with the 5th RD pick.
I've been saying this guy's vastly underrated. Dude can play.

Might be my EJ Gaines of 2015 (although I liked EJ Gaines more).
Nice mid to late round prospect
I'd much rather see us go CB earlier than the 4th/5th where Diggs is currently slotted to go, but as a late round pick he has value. However, as a big Longhorns fan, I have some concerns.

First, I see him as a nickle CB at the next level. Even in college he often struggled against bigger receivers. His size is part of the reason he may drop lower than he maybe should, so he could be a good value pick, but that would likely mean he would either be a back up and/or that Ward would need to be ready to slide over to safety. So, I'm not sure he's the best fit for us, as I think we need more of a true CB, we have a couple options at nickle already.

That being said, I like him much better than the other Texas prospect many are hot for (Malcom Brown), who I see as a reach as a mid first rounder and not a great fit for us at all.

Plus, I am very wary of Texas prospects right now. Mack Brown got canned because he had gotten very stagnant in both his player recruitment and development. Most of the players on this team underperformed over the last couple years, especially on defense, which was supposed to be the strength of those teams, but often was atrocious. And particularly the Dline.

So, even with Texas's track record of developing NFL caliber DB prospects, I would only take a chance if he falls and is a pick with very low risk and high upside.
Share 49ersWebzone