LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 439 users in the forums

MadDog49er Pre-Combine Big 100 Board

• DeUh
  • Veteran
Thanks. Appreciate your take on the situation.
[ Edited by DeUh on Feb 13, 2015 at 8:57 AM ]
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
surprised that Marcus Peters is ranked that low.

Peters is so hard to project, as is DGB. How many teams will take them off their boards entirely? How many are willing to select them as a third rounder at highest due to their issues? How many are willing to pick them regardless? DGB is going to be spectacular at this combine, at least for the camera lens. However, those meetings with teams are just as important or more.

Really hard to place them.

Big, physical cover corner that, unfortunately, has a red flag due to issues with his past coaching staff. In an interview this past season, his coach had nothing but good things to say about Peters and that he was the ultimate competitor. He also said that he'd be talking him up to NFL teams, which is a good sign.

The tantrums could just be from a player that showed his frustrations on the field. When all is said and done, the guy reminds me of Aquib Talib and worthy of a 1st rd pick.

DGB is a scarier selection because his issues all came off the field and drug related.

what are your thoughts on Micheal Bennett? Ohio St runs a 4-3, but he is pretty versatile and get's in the backfield...do you think he could fit in a 3-4? I know he has some issues against the run....

Also what are your thoughts on Jay Ajayi? He looks like a complete back to me... catches balls ( If we ever decide to throw to the RBs), runs hard, and looks pretty good in pass protection. Maybe if he is there in the 3rd?

Thanks!
Sweet. You were so accurate last year. It was crazy!

Lets hope for a rerun.
Can someone please explain the 1st round hype around Arik Armstead?
As much as i would like a badass D lineman in the 1st i'm starting to get intrigued by the idea of adding some major explosion, speed and game breakers to the offense and going with Gordon in 1 and Smith in 2. You could feasibly even trade back 5-10 spots and snag another 3rd and still grab Gordon in the mid 20's. I'll probably change my mind to another scenario in an hour.
Originally posted by AsianJeff:
Big, physical cover corner that, unfortunately, has a red flag due to issues with his past coaching staff. In an interview this past season, his coach had nothing but good things to say about Peters and that he was the ultimate competitor. He also said that he'd be talking him up to NFL teams, which is a good sign.

The tantrums could just be from a player that showed his frustrations on the field. When all is said and done, the guy reminds me of Aquib Talib and worthy of a 1st rd pick.

DGB is a scarier selection because his issues all came off the field and drug related.

UW has invited him to participate in their Pro-Day. That is huge. Looks like he is taking responsibility by saying it was his fault for dismissal.
Originally posted by Hoovtrain:
As much as i would like a badass D lineman in the 1st i'm starting to get intrigued by the idea of adding some major explosion, speed and game breakers to the offense and going with Gordon in 1 and Smith in 2. You could feasibly even trade back 5-10 spots and snag another 3rd and still grab Gordon in the mid 20's. I'll probably change my mind to another scenario in an hour.

As will everyone else
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
thanks for the list maddog,

btw do you have a torn acl big board ?
I love seeing Parker and Waynes hover around that 15th spot.

Originally posted by susweel:

lmao
If Brandon Scherff fell to the 49ers at 15, do you think they should grab him? I think he could be a great guard and solid backup tackle.
Originally posted by jordanroberts88:
If Brandon Scherff fell to the 49ers at 15, do you think they should grab him? I think he could be a great guard and solid backup tackle.

I think we would take a long look at Scherff or Collins if they fell to 15, but a lot of teams in front of us need help on the offensive line, so neither one is likely to drop that far.
Originally posted by susweel:

Very funny, and yet sad at the same time. The Niners love those guys, don't they.
Originally posted by jordanroberts88:

Oh, sure. He is about the lowest bust potential in this draft.
Share 49ersWebzone