LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 214 users in the forums

The Mock Draft to End All Mock Drafts Vol 2 Pre-Combine Edition

Smelter will probably go undrafted due to his ACL tear late in the year. He will be at the combine and may lift.

Davis looks to be a first round lock after his Senior Bowl. Perriman is probably a second rounder. Doubt he will be there in the third. Bridge is an intriguing prospect but needs a LOT of time to develop his game. He was a disaster in one of the college all-star games this year.
Originally posted by Quest4six:
I don't think La'el Collins, Carl Davis, or Breshard Perriman will be there at those picks.
Also isn't Collins a LT and not a RT? Because there is a big difference between the two

Collins may be there at 15, but you're right about Davis and Perriman. Those are two of the hotter prospects right now and their stocks are rising.
I love how guys stocks rise and fall like the tides...when they haven't even done anything since the season ended. Senior Bowl performances are understandable, but mostly, it's just flavor of the week. I am now, also, hot on Perriman...just because.
  • crew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Originally posted by Quest4six:
I don't think La'el Collins, Carl Davis, or Breshard Perriman will be there at those picks.
Also isn't Collins a LT and not a RT? Because there is a big difference between the two

Collins may be there at 15, but you're right about Davis and Perriman. Those are two of the hotter prospects right now and their stocks are rising.

I would go DL in the 1st with either Armstead or Brown at #15, or personally leaning to a trade down with Carolina to #25, take Carl Davis and pick up an extra 2nd RD pick.
With the 2 picks in the 2nd take Breshard Perriman and Duke Johnson. In the 3rd RD go OL.
[ Edited by crew on Feb 13, 2015 at 6:31 AM ]
Not a fan of this mock....OT in the 1st?? Didn't they just draft 2 O-linemen in the 1st 3 rds last year? Both M Martin and B Thomas should be fighting for 1 open spot on the line. They need a swing OT that can be had later in the draft.

Carl Davis is getting a ton of love and I don't really see why...he has 5.5 sacks in 4 years. His tape is underwhelming and I saw plenty of times when he was taken out on one-on-ones. He seems a little lazy to me and a project more than a starter. Tank and Dial are both better than him at this pt.

Like MadDog stated Smelter might not even get drafted due to a torn ACL and this draft is super deep at WR, don't see the point on burning a 4th rd pick for that. While l like Perriman he won't be there in the 3rd and no RB? This is one of the deepest RB classes we have seen in a while and Baalke has drafted a RB every year, they will be grabbing one at some point.
In your mock, did you have us getting a 2nd round pick from Washington for Brooks?
I like it.
Curious to know where you got your projection data… the rounds seem off for the first 3 picks. Davis isn't getting out of the first round, Perriman is gonna shoot up boards to a 2nd rounder based on everything from the internetz that Ive seen…. and there is the OL that was a Baalke ACL special from last year waiting in the wings with the loser of the Kilgore/Martin center battle probably competing at LG. Like the later round picks though.
Originally posted by TruNinerFan:
In your mock, did you have us getting a 2nd round pick from Washington for Brooks?

I have Niners moving up about 9 spots in the 2nd by trading Brooks.
Originally posted by TheRickestRick:
Curious to know where you got your projection data… the rounds seem off for the first 3 picks. Davis isn't getting out of the first round, Perriman is gonna shoot up boards to a 2nd rounder based on everything from the internetz that Ive seen…. and there is the OL that was a Baalke ACL special from last year waiting in the wings with the loser of the Kilgore/Martin center battle probably competing at LG. Like the later round picks though.

I got the projections from CBS sports.com

Originally posted by hofer36:
carl davis, a run blocking defensive lineman? please elaborate

At Iowa he was used as a run stuffer, at the Senior bowl he was allowed to play more one one one and was consistently in the backfield. If teams double Cowboy and Aldon on the other side he should be able to stuff the run with regularity having less attention paid towards stopping him.
Originally posted by Trav49:
Very nice but we don't need to resign them many guys maybe 4 Dan,Josh Johnson, Nelson, Chris but nice mock

I'll take that into considerdation for Vol 3.
Originally posted by NYniner85:
Not a fan of this mock....OT in the 1st?? Didn't they just draft 2 O-linemen in the 1st 3 rds last year? Both M Martin and B Thomas should be fighting for 1 open spot on the line. They need a swing OT that can be had later in the draft.

Carl Davis is getting a ton of love and I don't really see why...he has 5.5 sacks in 4 years. His tape is underwhelming and I saw plenty of times when he was taken out on one-on-ones. He seems a little lazy to me and a project more than a starter. Tank and Dial are both better than him at this pt.

Like MadDog stated Smelter might not even get drafted due to a torn ACL and this draft is super deep at WR, don't see the point on burning a 4th rd pick for that. While l like Perriman he won't be there in the 3rd and no RB? This is one of the deepest RB classes we have seen in a while and Baalke has drafted a RB every year, they will be grabbing one at some point.

We don't need an RB we drafted one last year, have Gore for cheap, Millard, and have Hunter back. As enticing as it would be, I'd rather reinforce the trenches and get red zone threats.

Davis has all the physical tools, he just needs the Tomsula inspiration.

Baalke understands that our team lives and dies in the trenches. The D-line prospects in our range are strictly nose tackles like Malcolm Brown and Shelton of which we already have two. We do not however, have any starting left guard or a swing tackle. Collins can be both and it makes sense to cover two of our biggest needs with a first round pick than to fill in a position where we already have starters. We would be fitting a square peg in a round hole going D line in the first. The other position we need to fill is D-end which I did with the 2nd pick using a player that actually that has the length, build, and height to play 5-tech but has character concerns.

I got Smelter earlier because he has 2nd/3rd talent and I'd rather get a 2nd/3rd round talent in the 4th round than get a 4th round talent in the 4th round if that makes sense. I believe Baalke also thinks this way.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
Smelter will probably go undrafted due to his ACL tear late in the year. He will be at the combine and may lift.

Davis looks to be a first round lock after his Senior Bowl. Perriman is probably a second rounder. Doubt he will be there in the third. Bridge is an intriguing prospect but needs a LOT of time to develop his game. He was a disaster in one of the college all-star games this year.

In thinking over my mock, I was very torn between drafting smelter early or late. I also almost made Davis our first pick. Bridge I added last minute.
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
Originally posted by NYniner85:

We don't need an RB we drafted one last year, have Gore for cheap, Millard, and have Hunter back. As enticing as it would be, I'd rather reinforce the trenches and get red zone threats.

Davis has all the physical tools, he just needs the Tomsula inspiration.

Baalke understands that our team lives and dies in the trenches. The D-line prospects in our range are strictly nose tackles like Malcolm Brown and Shelton of which we already have two. We do not however, have any starting left guard or a swing tackle. Collins can be both and it makes sense to cover two of our biggest needs with a first round pick than to fill in a position where we already have starters. We would be fitting a square peg in a round hole going D line in the first. The other position we need to fill is D-end which I did with the 2nd pick using a player that actually that has the length, build, and height to play 5-tech but has character concerns.

I got Smelter earlier because he has 2nd/3rd talent and I'd rather get a 2nd/3rd round talent in the 4th round than get a 4th round talent in the 4th round if that makes sense. I believe Baalke also thinks this way.

We draft a RB every year even when it's not a priority. Gore isn't on the team at this point and there is wayyyy too much talent at the position for a team that prides itself on running the ball not to take a RB. Hunter is coming off from 2 serious injuries, so is Millard and he is more of a FB. I'd take a RB over the Smelter pick easy.

I just don't get the love with Davis? Maybe I'm wrong, but his tape is very underwhelming and I don't see anything to make him a late 1st early 2nd rd pick, he is more or less a hyped up player after the Senior Bowl....tape doesn't lie and he offers next to nothing in pass rush. We need pass rush and a run stuffer. Henderson make more sense in the 4th as a 5-tech guy to replace Smith.

Why wouldn't you give one of our 2 early o-line picks from last year a chance at replacing probably 1 starting position. Thomas was regarded as a high 2nd rd pick before his injury, what was the point in drafting him if not to replace Iupati?

I hope we trade down in the 1st if one of the top 3 WRs are gone....
Share 49ersWebzone