LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 396 users in the forums

The Mock Draft to End All Mock Drafts Vol 2 Pre-Combine Edition

THE MOCK DRAFT TO END ALL MOCK DRAFTS VOLUME 2.
Re-sign Chris Culliver, Dan Skuta, Michael Wilhoite, TJE, Josh Johnson, Frank Gore, Nelson
Cut/Trade Brooks, Dahl, Martin

1. La'el Collins OG/T LSU (6'5'' 321lbs)- Quarterback doesn't have time to throw? Run game missing its top run blocker? Jonathan Martin is your swing tackle? Well have no fear this pick will help fix that. Day 1 he will come in competing for LG replacing Iupati and if needed can swing over to RT if AD continues having injury problems. Success is built in the trenches and this guy can play multiple positions on it.

2+Ahmad Brooks in trade with Redskins. Carl Davis DT Iowa (6'5'' 315lbs)- A run blocking defensive lineman who can fill in for Ray Mac's spot. He has shown consistent ability to stop the run but at the Senior bowl he showed consistent penetration as well. I believe with coaching from Tomsula he can live up to his potential and help us transition out of the post Cowboy era this year or the next. Also imagine defensive coordinators trying to figure out who to double team.

3. Breshad Perriman WR UCF (6'3'' 214lbs)- A bargain version of Kevin White, he is a WR who has toughness, speed, blocking ability, and leaping ability. He can be our red zone threat if he sharpens his route running and hands. He can compete with Ellington doing PR/KR duties until he is trusted to rotate in regularly.

4. DeAndre Smelter WR Georgia Tech (6'3'' 222lbs)- A highly athletic receiver who has been compared on the zone to Boldin. He'll do nicely as a successor to him under his wing for a year pairing nicely with the rest of our anticipated receiving core.

4B. (Comp) Byron Jones CB Uconn (6'1' 196lbs)- A late round gem who falls due to injury history.

5. Nick Boyle TE (6'6'' 270lbs)- A Jason Witten style Tight End who Tony Sparano can mold into a Pro Bowler.

6. Xavier Williams NT UNI (6'2'' 309lbs)- Former Wrestler, high motor, Tomsula kind of guy who will take well to coaching and bolster our D line to deal with the post Cowboy and Ray Mac era. He also sures up our nose tackle spot in case that position continues to be injury prone.

7. Brandon Bridge QB Southern Alabama (6'4'' 226lbs)- Baby Kaep can go to PS.

Roster 53:
S: Bethea, Reid, Ward, McCray (4)
CB: Cully*, Brock, Johnson, Reaser, Acker, Jones+ (6)
OLB: Smith, Lynch, Lemonier, Skuta* (4)
ILB: Willis, Bowman, Borland, Wilhoite* (4)
NT: Williams, Dorsey, Williams+ (3)
DT: Smith, Carradine, Dial, Davis+, TJE* (5)

QB: Kap, Johnson* (2)
RB: Hyde, Gore*, Hunter (3)
FB: Miller, Millard (2)
WR: Perriman+, Johnson, Boldin, Patton, Ellington (5) (Smelter IR)
TE: Davis, McDonald, Boyle+, Carrier (4)
OT: Staley, Davis (2)
OG: Boone, Looney, Thomas, Collins+ (4)
C: Kilgore, Martin (2)

K: Dawson
P: Lee
LS: Nelson
[ Edited by ESWYoung08 on Feb 12, 2015 at 12:12 PM ]
You covered a lot of territory with your mock. Thanks for the perspective.
I don't see Baalke taking an OL in the 1st rd...I could see him going DL, though. I'd much rather he pick a DL like Eddie Goldman or Malcolm Brown in the 1st rd. Coaches at the Senior Bowl noted Davis' laziness. At Iowa, he didn't hesitate to pull himself from games. He may have potential, but those kind of behaviors are red flags, especially when you're talking about a 2nd rd pick. Both Goldman and Brown are effective inside and out and have consistent high motors. You won't see them ask to come out of games.

Perriman seems to be getting a lot more attention now. Some have him as high as the 1st rd, but that's too high, I think. We'll see if he gains ground during the combine. Anyway, I like his tangibles...he's had some issues, though.

Overall, I really like your mock. I just don't expect Baalke to go OL that early and I think there are better 1st rd DL options than Davis in the 2nd.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I don't see Baalke taking an OL in the 1st rd...I could see him going DL, though. I'd much rather he pick a DL like Eddie Goldman or Malcolm Brown in the 1st rd. Coaches at the Senior Bowl noted Davis' laziness. At Iowa, he didn't hesitate to pull himself from games. He may have potential, but those kind of behaviors are red flags, especially when you're talking about a 2nd rd pick. Both Goldman and Brown are effective inside and out and have consistent high motors. You won't see them ask to come out of games.

Perriman seems to be getting a lot more attention now. Some have him as high as the 1st rd, but that's too high, I think. We'll see if he gains ground during the combine. Anyway, I like his tangibles...he's had some issues, though.

Overall, I really like your mock. I just don't expect Baalke to go OL that early and I think there are better 1st rd DL options than Davis in the 2nd.

Thank you for the response. I figured that the last time Baalke picked this low he got OL and a pass rusher. Since we don't have an immediate glaring hole at pass rusher, I figured OL would be the highest value. We can't score points if we can't run the ball or give Kap time to pass. A DL would be a priority but only if Cowboy retires, however I do not see the hole as glaringly immediate as at left guard if Cowboy stays, which in this mock he does. Carl Davis is a beast when properly motivated, I have faith that Tomsula could pull ouf the best in him if he is on the team.
I don't think La'el Collins, Carl Davis, or Breshard Perriman will be there at those picks.
Also isn't Collins a LT and not a RT? Because there is a big difference between the two
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Good mock. Like the receivers and linemen.
Seems like some recent mocks have Landon Collins SS ' Bama dropping to the middle of round 1... So maby the FO would go with the other[/ Collins
Originally posted by mayo49:

Thanks! Me too!
Originally posted by Quest4six:
I don't think La'el Collins, Carl Davis, or Breshard Perriman will be there at those picks.
Also isn't Collins a LT and not a RT? Because there is a big difference between the two

Collins has previously been a left guard and a left tackle, many of the scouting reports say he may be better suited to right tackle in the pro's if he plays on the outside.

Prior to the combine it's feasible, after the combine I think they may test out of those spots.
Very nice but we don't need to resign them many guys maybe 4 Dan,Josh Johnson, Nelson, Chris but nice mock

Damn good draft.

Really like the 2 WR
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Damn good draft.

Really like the 2 WR

I like the 2 wrs also and we really need to draft 2 wrs(playmakers)
carl davis, a run blocking defensive lineman? please elaborate
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ESWYoung08:
Originally posted by mayo49:

Thanks! Me too!

Don't brag.
Absolutely hate the first two picks. Collins is a second round talent and Davis is going to be a bust.
Share 49ersWebzone