LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

Pre combine mock draft 2/12

Credit to Deuh for the salary cap numbers.

Cut:
Ahmad Brooks (4.1 million savings) I don't see a team trading for brooks since it's pretty obvious he isn't going to be here next year.

Craig Dahl (1.7 million savings) to expensive for a mediocre back up.

Retire:
Justin Smith (4.2 million savings)
Phil Dawson (3.1 million savings)

Extend:
Aldon Smith
Patrick Willis
Alex Boone

Restructure:
Stevie Johnson (2.3 million savings)
Colin Kaepernick (7.7 million savings)

RFA:
6th Round tender on Michael Wilhoite; Vic Fangio convinces the bears to pull the trigger and gets his veteran leader for his defense.
6th round tender on Tony Jerrod Eddie

Free Agents:
Jake Locker 1 year deal
Nick Fairley 3 year deal

Comp picks:
4th round and 7th round

Draft day trades:
Trade 15 to steelers for 22, 3rd round pick and 2016 4th round pick
Trade our 4th and 6th and 2016 5th to Dolphins for their 3rd round pick.

Draft:
Round 1. Jalen Collins CB LSU - if we lose Culliver and Cox we would be very thin at corner Collins brings good size and good man coverage. Not the ideal pick but this draft isn't loaded in the first round but the middle and back half of the draft is pretty good.

Round 2. Dorial Green Beckham WR Oklahoma/Missouri - in my opinion it's to much talent to pass up in the second round. Get him a baby sitter like the cowboys did with Dez.

Round 3. Laken Tomlinson OG Duke - he will come in and compete for the LG position. Win or lose more quality depth.

Round 3. Phillip Dorsett WR Miami - not just his speed but how fluid and how well he runs his routes.

Round 3. Tevin Coleman RB Indiana - would love to get Duke Johnson but he will be gone by the 3rd round. Coleman is still a dream come true to team up with Hyde.

Round 4. Xavier Williams DL Northern Iowa - he can line up all over the line and be a versatile player we need and love.

Round 5. Jean Sifrin TE Massachusetts - getting a 6'7" project Tight End in the 5th is a risk reward but rewards certainly outweighs the risk.

Round 6. Sam Carter SS TCU - my sleeper pick in this draft is this man right here. A hybrid SS who can cover and stuff the run.

Round 7. Darren Waller WR Georgia Tech - project WR but if he works out and DGB isn't booted out of the league it could give us a future receiving core of 2 6'5"+ WRs.

Round 7. Ray Drew DE Georgia - future depth guy. give a top 100 prospect coming out of HS the proper coaching and see what happens.
You have Justin Smith retiring...I'm thinking he won't simply because of his respect for Tomsula and he knows how many guys are coming back from the IRL. You have JS retiring, but don't take a DL 'til the 4th rd. I see you'd sign Fairley...but he has no experience in a 3-4 that I know of. If you look at his numbers w/Lions, they're pretty pedestrian, definitely nothing noteworthy. He didn't play in all 16 games in his first 4 seasons. For me, a better option would be Jared Odrick. His numbers were better and he can play both DT and DE. Even if Baalke signed him, he'd still be wise to draft one of the better DL. It's been a pillar of strength in the 3-4 and I'm sure Tomsula wants to keep that going.

Also not sure about signing Locker...his time w/Titans was pretty spotty, at best. Staying healthy's also been a big issue with him. Think I'd opt to keep Josh Johnson and draft a QB to develop.

I think OT's a bigger need than OG...Foerster will have Brandon Thomas, Looney, Marcus Martin & Kilgore to work with for the LG and C positions. Why draft another OG? Behind Staley and AD it's pretty thin. Boone's the best option, but when they use him at LT they have to make two moves. Having a solid swing OT's the best solution...and J Martin's not the answer.

Good mock overall...just believe Baalke will emphasize DL much earlier, opt for an OT vice an OG and probably squeeze in a QB somewhere.
Nice work could see this happening...however I would like to see Justin Smith comeback...lol if we do move back I rather have any other positions met that late but I could deal with it thou great job...
Good job with the write up...like the overall draft and the trades seem reasonable. I hope they resign Cox or Culliver, you see them going secondary in the 1st 3 strait years in a row?

They need a swing tackle not a guard and that could be had later. I don't see Fairley coming here and I don't see really any FA (besides depth) being signed outside of SF. I don't see them extending Willis, but restructuring him and I think the Cowboys plays out his contract.

I would be overall happy with this draft... you target a ton of offense which we need. I don't know if DGB will be there at our pick in the 2nd or Coleman in the 3rd (they are both gonna kill the combine).

I think if they get 2 WRs (you have 3) in this draft I would rather they just cut SJ and save $6 million. Good job
Share 49ersWebzone